P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

MGLA Vinyl Re-pressings !!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vapula

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EternalNight wrote:
Great to see. It is good to see labels do these things, however it is sad to see that more known metal labels such as Norma Evangelium Diaboli and Rise Above does This thing. Every single fucking release on these labels become expensive ebay items.

NED always reissue stuff on vinyl it's the artists like Mortuus that stop them from reissuing vinyl not the label. They must have repressed the 2nd and 3rd Katharsis albums 3 or 4 times at this stage and their have been at least two pressing of the DSO Si monvmentvm. I am sure they would have repressed Salvation and done another edition of 666 on vinyl by now if they bands would allow them but that wouldn't be Kvlt.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard rumors of a Funeral Mist vinyl box set.
EternalNight

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vapula wrote:
EternalNight wrote:
Great to see. It is good to see labels do these things, however it is sad to see that more known metal labels such as Norma Evangelium Diaboli and Rise Above does This thing. Every single fucking release on these labels become expensive ebay items.

NED always reissue stuff on vinyl it's the artists like Mortuus that stop them from reissuing vinyl not the label. They must have repressed the 2nd and 3rd Katharsis albums 3 or 4 times at this stage and their have been at least two pressing of the DSO Si monvmentvm. I am sure they would have repressed Salvation and done another edition of 666 on vinyl by now if they bands would allow them but that wouldn't be Kvlt.

Well I didn't know that was the case.

However, the Disseciton albums would be nice to see on vinyl again, same with Lawless Darkness with the booklet.
heavyR

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all the Dissection albums were just reissued like last week in some box set, and individually.
Cursed Emperor

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavyR wrote:
I think all the Dissection albums were just reissued like last week in some box set, and individually.

On UGLY picdiscs...

Quote:
Fuck gatefolds, useless waste of space on your shelves.
nileppez

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this was posted, but:
Quote:
Northern Heritage releases vinyl, because it's format what I prefer. All the vinyl are meant to be LISTENED. They are NOT status symbols, they are NOT collectors items of people who are afraid to listen the vinyls because it's value could decrease from "m" to "vg" if they remove album from the plastic sleeve!
Original idea of limited vinyls was to reach exclusively the true underground maniacs who listen this format with passion. Unfortunately too big part of records are nowadays ending into internet auctions, sold to those who will pay hundreds of $$$ to obtain something they probably consider status symbol. This has resulted that Northern Heritage intends to improve situation and those who truly want to listen records and be possessed by the message of the bands, don't have to compete with those with too well paying jobs. Many of old small edition rarities can obtained as official CD version which is not inferior sounding and looking bootleg.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

13 wrote:

Now that could be a hell of a steller package. Great albums every one of them.

Frustrating to not have certain items one would like to have to complete discographies, but paying ridiculous prices though is humiliating and the complete opposite of what enjoying a art source is supposed to be in my opinion.

I am neither against nor for various versions from the minimalist to the die hard fan ultimate package... other than people need to quit competing with what the next collector over is aquiring. Too much status associated with material possessions... or so it can kinda be construed as such via forum bickering and anger/worry/frenzy over aquiring the next collectable.

Possessions and what band members you know and what not do not make your status cooler, gravely ill misconception... personal personality is the best prize anyone could have.

Sure the odd die hard is nice to have so you can hang something on the wall, but to have to have them all and have endless mountains of shit stacked everywhere... crosses the line into sickness, no matter how well cared for and kept it is, a hoarder is still a hoarder.
Morbid Obesity

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nileppez wrote:
Not sure if this was posted, but:
Quote:
Northern Heritage releases vinyl, because it's format what I prefer. All the vinyl are meant to be LISTENED. They are NOT status symbols, they are NOT collectors items of people who are afraid to listen the vinyls because it's value could decrease from "m" to "vg" if they remove album from the plastic sleeve!
Original idea of limited vinyls was to reach exclusively the true underground maniacs who listen this format with passion. Unfortunately too big part of records are nowadays ending into internet auctions, sold to those who will pay hundreds of $$$ to obtain something they probably consider status symbol. This has resulted that Northern Heritage intends to improve situation and those who truly want to listen records and be possessed by the message of the bands, don't have to compete with those with too well paying jobs. Many of old small edition rarities can obtained as official CD version which is not inferior sounding and looking bootleg.

Quite refreshing.
The_Elite

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vapula wrote:
EternalNight wrote:

Rise Above keeps stuff in print. Just because some spastics NEED a clear vinyl limited to 100 doesn't mean every other normal human being can't enjoy the same music on any other colour it is pressed on. Ebay prices are nothing to do with the label. The last batch of releases were up on ebay before they had even been physically pressed. Some of the ebay scalpers were found and had their money refunded (after they already sold the items and hopefully had already spent the hundreds they thought they were making).
Vapula

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

13 wrote:

I hope not because I recently paid an arm and a leg for Salvation DLP. If it is true it will probably be Pic Discs like the DSO ones.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope there is no FM box simply because I only want Salvation. Maranatha is a turd.
Descension

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vapula wrote:
13 wrote:

I hope not because I recently paid an arm and a leg for Salvation DLP. If it is true it will probably be Pic Discs like the DSO ones.

I hope it's black vinyl so that the first presses are immediately made worthless.
Dalen

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think NED has used any other color, but then again I could be wrong. I too only want Salvation, I hope these will be released separately as well.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone just needs to do a decent bootleg. Shouldn't be hard, whomever did the Danzig, Satyricon, numerous other boots that have actually been not too bad... should solve all the issues.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vapula wrote:
13 wrote:

I hope not because I recently paid an arm and a leg for Salvation DLP.

The very reason it should be repressed.
I too paid a ridiculous amount for this album a couple years ago, the first and last of a spending of that nature... however simply owning it has not made me feel more metal than others wanting but lacking the album... I say press the damned thing again and spread the stupid thing around.

Anyone that measures their self worth via their pocket book and ability to aquire stupid over priced albums is seriously misguided... repress and spread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: