P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

shirts from limited editions, what to do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caine

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: shirts from limited editions, what to do? Reply with quote

hmmm im struggling with myself, i got some special editions e.g. colour vinyl with shirt, or box set with shirt. some limited editions i like but i know i dont wear many shirts, thinking about selling those seperately.

what would you do? together the package would be more worth but letting the shit collect dust is also crap? Wink

give me some ideas so i can decide !
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have chopped the sleeves off everything I own for t-shirts. Wear them, work in them too... they are getting used, leaving them not exactly in the shape I would consider selling or buying them at myself.

Umm, anything else I ever bought was never with resale mentality being the driving motive either... so if patches or various parts get removed from the bundle over the years, so be it.
At some point there may come a time selling stuff may be an option I need to consider too, so having said all that I have... I suppose I would be selling partial die-hards or whatever, but honestly, don't ever expect to get rich from records, I would list them as is and take what gets offered.

Guess I am saying if you want to part out pieces of a die hard, go for it. The only people this is ever going to bother are people with mental disabilities and collector issues associated with that.
You are trying to serve yourself which is the way it works, you want to keep the record but sell the shirt from a combined package, sell the shirt... someone is always willing to be the buyer, as long as they are given the honest info upfront about missing parts or whatever it all seems fair to me. Sell your shirts and don't worry about it. Laughing
dronevil

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sell the whole package and buy the regular edition.
harald mentor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Just hate these 3 lp boxes that come with a shirt thatīs not even my size. Iīd prefer a cd over any ridiculous box set, but nowadays itīs not always possible as labels want to please collectors and not those actually listening the releases. Yes, I know you have to take the cash from somewhere, but other more practical versions would suit me so much better. If I want a shirt, I buy it separately, and no I donīt need a patch or ritual mouse pad.
rauta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're forgetting how owning the ritual mouse pad with the band logo will bring you one step closer to the awesomeness of the band and for all intents and purposes make you one with their very being and therefore superior to any trend-hopping faggot who cannot be parted with their money to get the die hard version.

Sold all the shirts that came as box set freebies myself... There weren't too many to begin with though. I'm now thinking of selling the posters included in records because they'll never meet the walls of my house anyhow.[/img]
Mz412

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: shirts from limited editions, what to do? Reply with quote

Caine wrote:
hmmm im struggling with myself, i got some special editions e.g. colour vinyl with shirt, or box set with shirt. some limited editions i like but i know i dont wear many shirts, thinking about selling those seperately.

what would you do? together the package would be more worth but letting the shit collect dust is also crap? Wink

Buy the Limited Edition 10x in ALL Sizes and wear nothing of it. But its good to know, that you have for any Size a Shirt.
Caine

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: shirts from limited editions, what to do? Reply with quote

Mz412 wrote:
Caine wrote:

Buy the Limited Edition 10x in ALL Sizes and wear nothing of it. But its good to know, that you have for any Size a Shirt.

i like this idea the most!
holy ghost

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I throw them in a box with the other shirts, patches, backpatches, stickers and other stuff I don't use, and I leave it in the basement next to my preserves. I make pickles and I'd like to do hot sauce this year. I might have to move the box.
Huldrelok

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
I throw them in a box with the other shirts, patches, backpatches, stickers and other stuff I don't use, and I leave it in the basement next to my preserves. I make pickles and I'd like to do hot sauce this year. I might have to move the box.

haha great post, pickles you say that sounds interesting... anyway I do the same, take out patches/stickers/posters and store them in my metal drawer. Vinyls however go straight to the shelf for ease of access and listening pleasure.

If you collect just for value, why not invest in something more profitable?
Caine

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huldrelok wrote:
holy ghost wrote:

haha great post, pickles you say that sounds interesting... anyway I do the same, take out patches/stickers/posters and store them in my metal drawer. Vinyls however go straight to the shelf for ease of access and listening pleasure.

no not for value, but mostly i like coloured vinyl from the looks and havin a special LE from some bands i like is TRENDY haha, and many LEs have additional music content. but i checked my LE collection and saw that i those shirts etc ust collect dust and before i die some day i could sell em and get some other music for the money and keep the half LEs.
Division_Lycanthrop

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harald mentor wrote:
I Just hate these 3 lp boxes that come with a shirt thatīs not even my size. Iīd prefer a cd over any ridiculous box set, but nowadays itīs not always possible as labels want to please collectors and not those actually listening the releases. Yes, I know you have to take the cash from somewhere, but other more practical versions would suit me so much better. If I want a shirt, I buy it separately, and no I donīt need a patch or ritual mouse pad.

This!
Twilight Command

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shirts are to be worn if they fit, given to friends if they don't, sold if the friends don't want them or can't wear them, and used as jizz rags if they don't sell.
Huldrelok

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caine wrote:
Huldrelok wrote:
holy ghost wrote:

no not for value, but mostly i like coloured vinyl from the looks and havin a special LE from some bands i like is TRENDY haha, and many LEs have additional music content. but i checked my LE collection and saw that i those shirts etc ust collect dust and before i die some day i could sell em and get some other music for the money and keep the half LEs.

Yea I hear yah, I am guilty of grabbing those colored LEs as well, id say sell the shirts, give em away, keep the music. Especially if those shirts were limited they could go for a decent amount, certainly if someone is trying to complete a collection they will pay up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: