P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

The final Burzum metal based track.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jameswolfe



Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Posts: 1849

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just dont beat me to death cause I wouldnt be able to send any more money to your distro.
_________________
When pussy calls your name.....there's no way back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DTBRex



Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 2908
Location: Arktogäa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jameswolfe wrote:
I also find it interesting that everyone here trashes varg for his racist comments and then jerk off everytime someone mentions Arghoslent, SOL, Vaginal Jesus, etc....


Now, that's an easy one. With Varg/Burzum, the ideology/propaganda starts to matter increasingly more than the music, by his own account at that.

With bands like Arghoslent and SOL, you always have the focus on the music and everything else comes next. What makes it much easier to ignore the beliefs uphold by those making this music in the first place, of course.
_________________
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
Death Camp: www.black-metal-mailorder.com
Discogs of Darkness: www.discogs.com/seller/DTBRex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Klemi



Joined: 25 Jun 2009
Posts: 183
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be a Burzum interview in one of the future issues of Kaleidoscope, so if you have anything to ask about this or that, PM. Of course I can't guarantee that I use every question, but try your luck.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
huntersinsnow



Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 208

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to take anything this guy does/says seriously given his constant attention-seeking bullshit, but I admit I haven't paid attention to his last few albums since Belus. If anything, this track (which is not entirely disagreeable) reminds me that underneath his pervasive personality disorder is a dude who used to be talented.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dalen



Joined: 13 Jul 2010
Posts: 1770

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Varg is more talented than 99,9999% of the black metal scene. I was listening to Fallen these days and even though I think there's a lack of big highlights, I didn't feel like pushing the stop button. Why does that happen?
_________________
Sic transit gloria mundi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nileppez



Joined: 30 Nov 2012
Posts: 695
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
jameswolfe wrote:
I also find it interesting that everyone here trashes varg for his racist comments and then jerk off everytime someone mentions Arghoslent, SOL, Vaginal Jesus, etc....


Now, that's an easy one. With Varg/Burzum, the ideology/propaganda starts to matter increasingly more than the music, by his own account at that.

With bands like Arghoslent and SOL, you always have the focus on the music and everything else comes next. What makes it much easier to ignore the beliefs uphold by those making this music in the first place, of course.

Not really, Varg apparently writes much more on his blog and comes off more pretentious, but I don't find that hard to ignore. That recent bullshit interview with Famine was worse than most of Varg's posts, too. And Varg never placed any part of his views in the music.
The reason why the anti-Burzum sentiments are stronger than anti other racist/whatever bands is simple, none of those other bands calls daily ebay studying plastic collectors or just about any metalheads niggers or jew lackeys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jameswolfe



Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Posts: 1849

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
jameswolfe wrote:
I also find it interesting that everyone here trashes varg for his racist comments and then jerk off everytime someone mentions Arghoslent, SOL, Vaginal Jesus, etc....


Now, that's an easy one. With Varg/Burzum, the ideology/propaganda starts to matter increasingly more than the music, by his own account at that.

With bands like Arghoslent and SOL, you always have the focus on the music and everything else comes next. What makes it much easier to ignore the beliefs uphold by those making this music in the first place, of course.



Thanks for the serious response. I appreciate that. I see your point, but Im not sure I think it is the root cause of the difference. I mean if a person were only to listen to a Burzum album, not knowing anything by the man himself, would they know of all the the views that he holds? I doubt it. Perhaps there is a lot more in his latest albums, but Ive listened to it a few times and I wouldnt know the difference. Contrast that with say a lyric like "Flogging the Cargo" I think you get what I'm saying.

IMO the real reason that people on this board want to bash Burzum is the popularity. Burzum stopped being dangerous over decade ago and now every depressive BM hipster eats it up. And ofcourse we want to distance ourselves from all that. Yeah the music isnt as good was it was.....doesnt take away what was accomplished back in the day and I see no reason to bash.
_________________
When pussy calls your name.....there's no way back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr_Belvedere



Joined: 05 Feb 2011
Posts: 956

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jameswolfe wrote:


IMO the real reason that people on this board want to bash Burzum is the popularity. Burzum stopped being dangerous over decade ago and now every depressive BM hipster eats it up. And ofcourse we want to distance ourselves from all that. Yeah the music isnt as good was it was.....doesnt take away what was accomplished back in the day and I see no reason to bash.


I disagree. Nobody bashes on pre-Belus /Fallen Burzum, but on that what Varg has become. Not the fact that "he has become" a racist or something, which everyone who deals with black metal longer than some years already knows, but the fact that he has become so ridiculous.

About the stopped being dangerous argument, well i think Burzum is the most dangerous band to like nowadays. At least he is behind his ideology which most of the others aren't. But that again does not change the fact that he can hardly be taken serious anymore.

Said by a serial monogamist!
_________________
Chit019 wrote:
Quorthon didn't die, he lives eternally in the hearts of every south American bootlegger. He's the tupac of black metal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Under Command



Joined: 06 Feb 2011
Posts: 650
Location: Down there

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nileppez wrote:

That recent bullshit interview with Famine was worse than most of Varg's posts, too. And Varg never placed any part of his views in the music.


QFT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DTBRex



Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 2908
Location: Arktogäa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jameswolfe wrote:
DTBRex wrote:
jameswolfe wrote:
I also find it interesting that everyone here trashes varg for his racist comments and then jerk off everytime someone mentions Arghoslent, SOL, Vaginal Jesus, etc....


Now, that's an easy one. With Varg/Burzum, the ideology/propaganda starts to matter increasingly more than the music, by his own account at that.

With bands like Arghoslent and SOL, you always have the focus on the music and everything else comes next. What makes it much easier to ignore the beliefs uphold by those making this music in the first place, of course.



Thanks for the serious response. I appreciate that. I see your point, but Im not sure I think it is the root cause of the difference. I mean if a person were only to listen to a Burzum album, not knowing anything by the man himself, would they know of all the the views that he holds? I doubt it. Perhaps there is a lot more in his latest albums, but Ive listened to it a few times and I wouldnt know the difference. Contrast that with say a lyric like "Flogging the Cargo" I think you get what I'm saying.

IMO the real reason that people on this board want to bash Burzum is the popularity. Burzum stopped being dangerous over decade ago and now every depressive BM hipster eats it up. And ofcourse we want to distance ourselves from all that. Yeah the music isnt as good was it was.....doesnt take away what was accomplished back in the day and I see no reason to bash.


Well, just saying that he himself pays much more attention to the - political - message he wishes to convey via blog, book, movie, what-have-you, whereas Burzum appears to be reduced to a source of income with music that, judged on its own merits, wouldn't excite a lot of people anymore.

Political opinions, especially if they are as extreme as the ones he espouses, are bound to cause controversy and opposition.

In the era of "Hvis Lyset" and "Filosofem", he basically made the same "racist" and "antisemitic" statements he is making now. However, for many people it was much easier to look the other way and don't mind what he is saying, because his "Supreme Nordic Art" was beyond any criticism whatsoever. Now his music starts to disappoint, and thus he has to take much more flak for his political opinions than back in the days.

If the sales for his new album won't satisfy PHD, then they surely will consider distancing themselves (cautiously) from Burzum if he keeps up the "hate speech". Needless to say, he won't shut up. He would rather release Burzum himself in future, then.

My 88 Cents, at least...
_________________
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
Death Camp: www.black-metal-mailorder.com
Discogs of Darkness: www.discogs.com/seller/DTBRex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Hallucinogen



Joined: 24 Nov 2012
Posts: 535

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalen wrote:
Varg is more talented than 99,9999% of the black metal scene. I was listening to Fallen these days and even though I think there's a lack of big highlights, I didn't feel like pushing the stop button. Why does that happen?
It happens because you don't actually like black metal, Varg is the one you like. This isn't meant as an insult and I'm sure a lot of other people feel this way too. The person behind the music matters a whole deal to people, that is why Varg is still selling albums even though nobody would give a damn about any of his post-filosofem albums if they didn't have the "Burzum" brand.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Elite



Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Posts: 2663
Location: London

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under Command wrote:
nileppez wrote:

That recent bullshit interview with Famine was worse than most of Varg's posts, too. And Varg never placed any part of his views in the music.


QFT


The key difference of course being Famine's tongue is clearly in his cheek wheras Varg is 100% serious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Miilos



Joined: 11 Jul 2011
Posts: 186

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 pages for one uninspired riff!? There are many great bands that deserve more attention, but it seems that people don't care that much about music.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deathcrusher



Joined: 12 Mar 2011
Posts: 573
Location: In the Court of the Crimson King

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
jameswolfe wrote:
DTBRex wrote:
jameswolfe wrote:
I also find it interesting that everyone here trashes varg for his racist comments and then jerk off everytime someone mentions Arghoslent, SOL, Vaginal Jesus, etc....


Now, that's an easy one. With Varg/Burzum, the ideology/propaganda starts to matter increasingly more than the music, by his own account at that.

With bands like Arghoslent and SOL, you always have the focus on the music and everything else comes next. What makes it much easier to ignore the beliefs uphold by those making this music in the first place, of course.



Thanks for the serious response. I appreciate that. I see your point, but Im not sure I think it is the root cause of the difference. I mean if a person were only to listen to a Burzum album, not knowing anything by the man himself, would they know of all the the views that he holds? I doubt it. Perhaps there is a lot more in his latest albums, but Ive listened to it a few times and I wouldnt know the difference. Contrast that with say a lyric like "Flogging the Cargo" I think you get what I'm saying.

IMO the real reason that people on this board want to bash Burzum is the popularity. Burzum stopped being dangerous over decade ago and now every depressive BM hipster eats it up. And ofcourse we want to distance ourselves from all that. Yeah the music isnt as good was it was.....doesnt take away what was accomplished back in the day and I see no reason to bash.


Well, just saying that he himself pays much more attention to the - political - message he wishes to convey via blog, book, movie, what-have-you, whereas Burzum appears to be reduced to a source of income with music that, judged on its own merits, wouldn't excite a lot of people anymore.

Political opinions, especially if they are as extreme as the ones he espouses, are bound to cause controversy and opposition.

In the era of "Hvis Lyset" and "Filosofem", he basically made the same "racist" and "antisemitic" statements he is making now. However, for many people it was much easier to look the other way and don't mind what he is saying, because his "Supreme Nordic Art" was beyond any criticism whatsoever. Now his music starts to disappoint, and thus he has to take much more flak for his political opinions than back in the days.

If the sales for his new album won't satisfy PHD, then they surely will consider distancing themselves (cautiously) from Burzum if he keeps up the "hate speech". Needless to say, he won't shut up. He would rather release Burzum himself in future, then.

My 88 Cents, at least...


I've never thought I would write this on this board, but I wholeheartedly agree with you, for once. On every point you've made.
_________________
NK7 wrote:
Modern black metal sucks because it's performed by lousy musicians who can barely handle their instruments, fuck "atmosphere" and give me proper metal riffs to bang my head to or just fuck off.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dalen



Joined: 13 Jul 2010
Posts: 1770

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallucinogen wrote:
Dalen wrote:
Varg is more talented than 99,9999% of the black metal scene. I was listening to Fallen these days and even though I think there's a lack of big highlights, I didn't feel like pushing the stop button. Why does that happen?


It happens because you don't actually like black metal, Varg is the one you like. This isn't meant as an insult and I'm sure a lot of other people feel this way too. The person behind the music matters a whole deal to people, that is why Varg is still selling albums even though nobody would give a damn about any of his post-filosofem albums if they didn't have the "Burzum" brand.


I would have enjoyed the album more if it wasn't released by Burzum, I believe it is a good record for what it is. The guitar tone's the key issue and in general the guy knows how to write an exceptionally structured, yet decent record. No matter how talented someone can be though, inspiration is a totally different thing and imo that's what's missing from his latest outputs.
_________________
Sic transit gloria mundi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group