P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

"Waiting for the vinyl version..."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you one pf these guys?
Sure. fuck CDs, no download either, few samples MAX, pure wax kvlt
35%
 35%  [ 37 ]
Sometimes. Though I'll also buy the CD if it's out 1st. Music only counts!
49%
 49%  [ 51 ]
Never. I want to listen to it ASAP. Download of course or CD. I never wait fuck that
6%
 6%  [ 7 ]
Fuck vinyl I only listen to CDs... But then... What am I doin on this forum?
7%
 7%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 103

Holocaust

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfsturm888 wrote:
Thread for people under 30 only. Again. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, my mom is 57, she keeps all her vinyl locked up, just CDs these days, sold her cassettes also. Her favorite movie is "Gone With The Wind" also, which is pretty NSBM if you ask me.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 33.... Shocked
Twilight Command

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pretty much never download anymore. There were a few years there when I'd download first and then buy the vinyl, but I almost never listen to mp3s these days. Giving up the car and working closer to home eliminated my commute and the accompanying digital music listening time.

Now it's either vinyl in the living room or CDs on the headphones before bed. I had largely abandoned CDs during my downloading years, but then I bought a pair of Sony MDR-V6s. Holy shit can you tell the difference between compressed and uncompressed music on those things. I'll buy CDs if the vinyl is non-existent/unattainable or if it's something I know I'll want to listen to while reading in bed.

Last edited by Twilight Command on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
jameswolfe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread seems relavant to me.

I hadnt bought a single CD for probably 2 years or so up until a couple a weeks ago. Sold most of my cds and was vinyl/mp3 only. But I really needed a digital copy of the new Sacriphyx and couldnt wait to hear Henbane so I broke down. So I will buy cds and listen to MP3 but 90% of the time I wait for the vinyl.
Saevus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends on the release for me, and how much I like the band, what the artwork for the album is like, etc. Some times I'm happy with just the CD, sometimes I wait till the LP is out to listen to it, and some times I'll download a leak and then end up buying it on both formats. It all depends on how things are released and what kind of money I have at the time, as I'm not a format snob.
little_raven

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the world who prefers tapes over cds or vinyl. Am I ghei?
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never understood the need to wait for the vinyl. I collect metal, not wax. I'll grab the CD if it's out first, and if it's great, I'll grab the vinyl as well. If it's not something that justifies it, I'm totally fine with my CD purchase, and I probably saved myself about 10 dollars as well. On the flip side, I'll buy the vinyl version if that's out first too, and if it's something I listen to regularly, I'll buy the CD version when that comes out. If they're both out at the same time, I just figure it out by how much other stuff I'm going to order with it. If it's a lot of stuff, I'll probably grab the CD to save a few bucks...if it's the only thing or one of a small number of things, I'll grab the vinyl.

I never download new releases, and appreciate things like official YouTube and Bandcamp pages because it makes previewing things, without being a leech, easy.

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

http://www.last.fm/user/carlzilla

Last edited by Carlzilla on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:
I never understood the need to wait for the vinyl.

On a future perspective it's always a better deal to buy vinyl. It'll be worth hundreds of $$ and make you a rich man the day you grow tired of the album.
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:

On a future perspective it's always a better deal to buy vinyl. It'll be worth hundreds of $$ and make you a rich man the day you grow tired of the album.

CDs are becoming just as collectable these days.

NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:

Are they? Unless you happen to own those old Thrash Recs albums I'm under the impression that they're worth close to nothing.
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:

Are they? Unless you happen to own those old Thrash Recs albums I'm under the impression that they're worth close to nothing.

Depends on the group of people you're trying to hock them to, but yeah, plenty of harder to find/older CDs are worth a fair bit to the right people, especially the younger crowd.

jameswolfe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week I saw a Spectres CD sell for 40 USD on ebay......Its still available in some small distros for 10!!!!!
Shiru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have feeling that this thread was already many times.....

But if i back to topic, actually maybe 6 7 years ago i am finally "got" into vinyl, planned to start buying/listening it for years, but it never ever happened till that moment... so... it made my collecting interest burning again, but ... in the end those days, i dont have this excitement anymore, and i am kinda smiling when i am reading about this "rush".... seriously, even if i buy mostly vinyls(i think it is better format for collecting music), but with time in the end i become much more after music itself then all this visual coolness(oki, i am was like that around 18 years, and i had back then only dubs, no single original record... but at some point i got too excited about "special editions").. So if i like band too much i might buy CD in the end, or just listen flac/mp3 and wait for vinyl version...

and i never was against mp3s/streams/flacs etc... and it depends on band and release, in some cases i dont even check record in advance, sometimes listen it once or twice, and sometimes it gets regular spins in digital format. and only certain thing I WILL NEVER EVER BUY MP3/FLAC till there physical formats exits, or maybe even when them are gone
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jameswolfe wrote:
Last week I saw a Spectres CD sell for 40 USD on ebay......Its still available in some small distros for 10!!!!!

When eBay gets thousands of eyes and a small distro only gets a few then its no surprise that things like this happen on a regular basis.
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:
I collect metal, not wax.

Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: