P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Summoning - Old Morning's Dawn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greuel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem with the artwork ... LP > MP3
doesn't give a shit about cover and so on. if the LP itself plays perfect no problem at all for me
skyforestblaze

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This kind of shit presentation at a costly amount really makes me happier with the mp3.

I don't see the logic in this t.b.h. MP3 is inferior no matter how you look at it. And like i said before, if the source material is already blurry or vague, which in the case of a lot of paintings is a fact, then it's impossible to create sharp looking images out of them, even with the best will in the world. But if you insist ultra sharp images exist of all the Summoning covers, why not email Richard or Michael themselves and ask if you can receive them or at least answer any questions you have about the subject.
Deadlove

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skyforestblaze wrote:
Quote:
This kind of shit presentation at a costly amount really makes me happier with the mp3.

I don't see the logic in this t.b.h. MP3 is inferior no matter how you look at it. And like i said before, if the source material is already blurry or vague, which in the case of a lot of paintings is a fact, then it's impossible to create sharp looking images out of them, even with the best will in the world. But if you insist ultra sharp images exist of all the Summoning covers, why not email Richard or Michael themselves and ask if you can receive them or at least answer any questions you have about the subject.

Rolling Eyes I already own all their CDs since the early 2000's to now. I've spent many times emailing back and forth from questions, to interviews and so forth. But only Richard has an active email for SUMMONING as far as I know. All correspondence I've had with Silenius was thru postal mail. They know that Napalm have lost their flare and the glory days of that time are over.

However, SUMMONING still does put out great music! And that's why I am happy with the mp3, because it will stay on my mp3 player and go everywhere with me, along with all the other SUMMONING discography, and I don't have to carry any CDs.

Napalm should stop cutting songs and putting them on "special releases" ...and making ridiculous prices for fancy extras besides the song(s), that I don't care about.

Either way, it's a great release. Looking forward to the B-sides disc coming soon, with the extra songs from this session.
skyforestblaze

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadlove wrote:

Rolling Eyes I already own all their CDs since the early 2000's to now. I've spent many times emailing back and forth from questions, to interviews and so forth. But only Richard has an active email for SUMMONING as far as I know. All correspondence I've had with Silenius was thru postal mail. They know that Napalm have lost their flare and the glory days of that time are over.

However, SUMMONING still does put out great music! And that's why I am happy with the mp3, because it will stay on my mp3 player and go everywhere with me, along with all the other SUMMONING discography, and I don't have to carry any CDs.

Napalm should stop cutting songs and putting them on "special releases" ...and making ridiculous prices for fancy extras besides the song(s), that I don't care about.

Either way, it's a great release. Looking forward to the B-sides disc coming soon, with the extra songs from this session.

Fair enough Smile

And yeah i agree with Napalm milking people's cash. I wonder how much they will ask for that upcoming ultimate yearbook edition of OMD. The sad thing is i know i want to have it, so i'll be triple dipping on this release :S
alexyorkalive

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Music - 8/10
Presentation of the vinyl - 2/10 - shite. As has been said, blurry as fuck cover (the logo and text work is sharp as possible, so it's clearly just a very very low-res photo/scan) and the artwork on the back is even worse in a way - very poorly put together, and low-res again. And there's not a shred of anything there besides the titles and cover. No insert or anything. Very basic...

No excuse for it, really.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok album. Doesn't really match with Oath Bound in my books but does beat any kind of cheap clone bands that have emerged in the mean while.

Napalm certainly fucked up the covers. Vinyl is blurry as usual and the CD is also very dark. All the preview pictures were never this dark.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Greuel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forest green is available again at Napalm (unpaid orders i think)

gold guldur is also available in green
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit pricier than they were originally I see.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

under a funeral shroom wrote:

They can't hide the hook.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Greuel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the same with EVERY release from napalm if it's nearly sold out, sadly
SoundsOfDecay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely forgot to pre-order this Laughing
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the actual music, I dug the record first time around, not sure where it stands in the discography yet of course. Cover is too dark as others have said above, maybe it's supposed to be but I don't have a cd copy to compare it to. Oddly, the Dol Guldur cover looks fine to me, or better than the others at least. The Minas Morgul reissue looks the worst, so blurry compared to the original cd cover.
Greuel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it possible that they don't have the original artworks?
john matrix

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could tell that cover was gonna look like crap from the pics they had on Amazon. It's inexcusable I think. A quick Google image search gave me high res versions of the original painting that while not perfect, were an improvement over the version they used to print the cover.
metalmac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greuel wrote:

the same with EVERY release from napalm if it's nearly sold out, sadly

True.

Recommendable persons to deal with:
heavyR, funeralfog666, Invocation666, NX-01
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: