P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

WOLF THRONE FESTIVAL Nov 8/9 2013 Paris (St-Germain en Laye)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alastor R.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, now i know why MGLA couldn't play Wolfthrone Cool

Is this the band who's gonna replace Archgoat?
Wolf Throne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastor R. wrote:

We contacted MGLA, but they already had a deal with BMIR.
We had to forget.
We contacted a legend to play to the fest, but we had to fix the announce today last delay, and we did not find a deal in time.
We have to respect the hollidays dates of La Clef, they asked us to finalize the band today.
We did our best to book a quality band. And Archgoat is hardly replaceable...
maniact666

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to replace archgoat wit a legendary Band there is only one band left Wink BEHERIT
Alastor R.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf Throne wrote:
Alastor R. wrote:

We had to forget.
We contacted a legend to play to the fest, but we had to fix the announce today last delay, and we did not find a deal in time.
We have to respect the hollidays dates of La Clef, they asked us to finalize the band today.

I was just curious. Not really worried as i've seen Archgoat a couple of times. And the bill is killer nonetheless, with or without them. Keep up the good work!
Wolf Throne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastor R. wrote:
Wolf Throne wrote:
Alastor R. wrote:

We had to forget.

I was just curious. Not really worried as i've seen Archgoat a couple of times. And the bill is killer nonetheless, with or without them. Keep up the good work!

We were very confident with the legend that we said we were working on it. But things don't go in the good way everytimes.
Anyway, Voids Of Vomit is a great band aswell.
But we know some people will not understand the "replacement" of Archgoat by this band.
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yeah, personally I don't, and I think it's quite lame to replace a band that drew so many people to your fest in the first place with a 4th rate Italian band that hasn't even released a full-length after 10 years of existence. "Disappointment" is an understatement, to say the least.
carbonized_ju

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haunt In The Dark wrote:
Well yeah, personally I don't, and I think it's quite lame to replace a band that drew so many people to your fest in the first place with a 4th rate Italian band that hasn't even released a full-length after 10 years of existence. "Disappointment" is an understatement, to say the least.

I'm not a big ARCHGOAT fan, but this is completely true...
Wolf Throne

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Critiscism : french national sport. If you want, you can sale your ticket to go to another french festival, I'm sure you'll find a really better bill than we did man.

Anyway, I understand you are disappointed. We had to do with the parameters that we were obliged to respect from the hall center.
For reminder, Wolf Throne Festival did'nt cancelled Archgoat, but Archgoat cancelled Wolf Throne Festival for personnal reasons.

Because the end of programmation of La CLEF the 10th July (they are now on holliday untill end of august), we had to find a deal before. We were working on some deals who failed for different reasons.
The deadline from La CLEF was simple :
We can book a replacement band before the 10th, if no deal after, Archgoat will not been replaced and there will be 15 bands playing and not 16 like initially.

We had to work with this, and without any deals with the bands we contacted, we finally booked this great italian band who played a great show at Kill Town Death Fest last year.

Now if you still not understand this, I can't do anything for you.
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yeah, but you should expect being criticised after the biggest headliner of your fest cancels their performance once the fest gets pretty much sold out after people heard they were playing. I mean, it just blows my mind that in a scene so obsessed by contracts, deals, "support" and all this kind of hypocritical bullshit, the main band on the bill can cancel "for personal reasons." I know it's not your choice (thanks for considering most of the attendees as idiots), I find it just weird and disappointing. And after also knowing who the other band you guys were expecting to put on the bill as replacement was (don't worry, I won't leak it), Voids Of Vomit only come as another disappointment.

And a few negative posts after something like 10 pages of positive comments and "criticism = French national sport?" I think "bad faith" would be more accurate.
Sarcueil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, arcgoat were to play in istanbul one week before wolfthrone fest but they cancelled it as well. seems like they're having a kinda bad time these days.
JB

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haunt In The Dark wrote:
bitching

As much as you may know from setting punk gigs in squats or MJCs, since you're not into the organization of this festival nor familiar with the ins and outs of this particular one, I'd kindly advise you to stay humble and silent. For fucking once.
ThornCross

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarcueil wrote:
well, arcgoat were to play in istanbul one week before wolfthrone fest but they cancelled it as well. seems like they're having a kinda bad time these days.

Yes, Archgoat had to cancel all their concerts in 2013 except both dates in Finland. Nothing to do with Wolf Throne. Hope to see them next year ...somewhere.
Ethylic Overkill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThornCross wrote:

Yes, Archgoat had to cancel all their concerts in 2013 except both dates in Finland. Nothing to do with Wolf Throne. Hope to see them next year ...somewhere.

Their gig for the Hammer Open Air in their hometown Turku is also cancelled... Guess that something bad happened to them.
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JB wrote:
Haunt In The Dark wrote:
bitching

As much as you may know from setting punk gigs in squats or MJCs, since you're not into the organization of this festival nor familiar with the ins and outs of this particular one, I'd kindly advise you to stay humble and silent. For fucking once.

For sure, shit happens and hopefully nothing too serious is happening to Archgoat and they will start playing shows again once things are ok with them.

However, you can cut the condescending crap. And I have never set foot in an MJC in my life, by the way (there are none where I grew up.) Anyway, I'm done with this, my apologies for using that "freedom of speech" so many of you keep mentioning.
ThornCross

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final version of the WOLF THRONE logo.

Fest illustration (Sketch)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 12 of 20

Jump to: