P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

DEATH METAL UNDERGROUND
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
N.



Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 1193

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Settle down, people, it's ony words...l
_________________
"By all evidence we are in the world to do nothing."

- E. M. Cioran
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Madhukapala



Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 222

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalinorgel wrote:
Madhukapala wrote:
leftist social theory


The ugly bitch with the DT-shirt and the "linguistic" research actually accused various local bands and promoters of "right-wing tendencies" in the past - while playing in an extremely shitty band no one cares herself.


That doesn't surprise me. Academia is totally dominated by these kinds of people, and they typically shout down or shun anyone who offers an idea that doesn't seem to jive with their progressivist agenda. Their 'study' of metal (and everything else) is always going to be an attempt to remake it in their own image.

But in my view, that's exactly why it's worth it for people who 'get it' to make their voices heard and actually challenge this shit. One of the reasons why metal is unique/special/different is the fact that it's largely free of the garbage that is usually celebrated as "socially relevant" (waah waah, political inequality, waah waah gender is an oppressive illusion, waah waah my girlfriend broke up with me).

Carving out a space for the exploration and celebration of genuine 'outsider' interests and values is a win for us all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Humus



Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 2852

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madhukapala wrote:
Carving out a space for the exploration and celebration of genuine 'outsider' interests and values is a win for us all.


Why should it?
Music is such a personal experience that I don't feel the need to explain to others why I am into it. Nor am I interested to read why someone else thinks I'm into it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heliogabalus



Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 1082
Location: 22 Acacia Ave.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madhukapala wrote:
Stalinorgel wrote:
Madhukapala wrote:
leftist social theory


The ugly bitch with the DT-shirt and the "linguistic" research actually accused various local bands and promoters of "right-wing tendencies" in the past - while playing in an extremely shitty band no one cares herself.


That doesn't surprise me. Academia is totally dominated by these kinds of people, and they typically shout down or shun anyone who offers an idea that doesn't seem to jive with their progressivist agenda. Their 'study' of metal (and everything else) is always going to be an attempt to remake it in their own image.

But in my view, that's exactly why it's worth it for people who 'get it' to make their voices heard and actually challenge this shit. One of the reasons why metal is unique/special/different is the fact that it's largely free of the garbage that is usually celebrated as "socially relevant" (waah waah, political inequality, waah waah gender is an oppressive illusion, waah waah my girlfriend broke up with me).

Carving out a space for the exploration and celebration of genuine 'outsider' interests and values is a win for us all.


Just as the thrash movements liberal slant was amusing, conservatism and metal are even better. You usually get killer music with hilarious white-trash Slingblade bumpkin lyrics disguised and embraced by some fans as some sort of intellectual milestone in philosophy. It's a win win! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madhukapala



Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 222

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heliogabalus wrote:
killer music with hilarious white-trash Slingblade bumpkin lyrics


Grand Belial's Key + "French fried per'taters, mrrmm hrrmmm"? What did you have in mind?

Anyway, I actually wasn't suggesting that metal should become more 'conservative'. The point isn't to become more ideological.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heliogabalus



Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 1082
Location: 22 Acacia Ave.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madhukapala wrote:
Heliogabalus wrote:
killer music with hilarious white-trash Slingblade bumpkin lyrics


Grand Belial's Key + "French fried per'taters, mrrmm hrrmmm"? What did you have in mind?

Anyway, I actually wasn't suggesting that metal should become more 'conservative'. The point isn't to become more ideological.


Grand Belial's Key + "French fried per'taters, mrrmm hrrmmm...
now that was pretty good.
Looking back on my comment now, I don't think I really achieved much success in the poor articulation of my post. Upon re-reading yours, you do have some valid points. It's late man.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madhukapala



Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 222

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heliogabalus wrote:
It's late man.....


Nah, don't worry. I understood why you interpreted it that way. Especially when some folks (ANUS.com) do have an agenda that's kind of like that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holocaust



Joined: 15 Sep 2009
Posts: 2068
Location: America

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got to find that 55 year old biker with the Judas Priest shirt at some shit hole bar. He will vomit forth metal information. All others are false.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iron Lord



Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Posts: 1004
Location: Termight

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
Music is such a personal experience that I don't feel the need to explain to others why I am into it. Nor am I interested to read why someone else thinks I'm into it.


Exactly.
_________________
Philemon Siclone wrote:
Some guys, including capricornus, read gay porn mags in front of him and threatened to rape him afterwards. It was said that he locked himself up in a bedroom, crying...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VnholyCvntz



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 1652

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets write a 3 page essay on why A Blaze on the Northern Sky is a good Black Metal album.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Conservationist
banned


Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 2911

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



Chris Reifert of Autopsy reveals details of The Headless Ritual

Famed for their contributions to late-1980s death metal and its continued guidance through the 1990s, Autopsy arose as a band playing a chaotic, filthy, organic sounding form of death metal, which was in contrast to the more rigidly technical “Morbid Angel” inspired bands of the day. In many ways, Autopsy was a bridge between the more structured death metal and the more chaotic but more melodic bands from the grindcore world like Carcass and Bolt Thrower.

Fresh from the studio, Chris Reifert (drums) was able to give us a few words on the nature of the new album, its style and the future for Autopsy.


Read more of... Chris Reifert of Autopsy reveals details of “The Headless Ritual”
_________________
DEATH METAL UNDERGROUND
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
abysmal.lord



Joined: 25 Jul 2010
Posts: 120

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuiSlayer wrote:


True Death Metal Lego.

EDIT: This should have been the cover of the rerelease...


Hahahahaha, man, someone sure has a lot of time on their hands. Really cool looking work, though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Conservationist
banned


Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 2911

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote



Slayer

Most of us just “attend” to things, like jobs and families, and hope for the best. The giants among us are driven onward by some belief in something larger than themselves or than the social group at large. They are animated by ideas.

For Jeff Hanneman, the idea was both musical and a vision of what that music should represent. He peered into the dystopia of modern times with one eye in the anarchistic zone of the punks, and the other in the swords ‘n’ sorcery vision of a metalhead. When he put the two together, he came up with something that makes Blade Runner and Neuromancer seem gentle.

Read more of... Slayer
_________________
DEATH METAL UNDERGROUND
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 6947

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kojiri



Joined: 26 Jan 2009
Posts: 4765
Location: I'm here to mainstream your kvlt

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:
Lets write a 3 page essay on why A Blaze on the Northern Sky is a good Black Metal album.


You don't need 3 pages. You need 3 words, actually 4 words.

"It just is, faggot"
_________________
NuclearGoatVomit wrote:
"Burn it and then piss!

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group