P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

New PESTE NOIRE album 2013 + Interview
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jankowitch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SIID wrote:
Good to know. is this poor edition comparable to the CDs from the previous boxset?

No, it's just a cardboard cover with the CD in it, just like your regular promo CDs. The nice edition is really good though, worth the 30€.
SIID

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really poor then. What do you think about the new album musicwise? I am a little fed up with the form, although it is well developed now and enriched with new instruments, it still sounds the same.
Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda agree, i receive my cd and listened to it twice. It's very rich as usual, so i can't be objective at this point, though that Peste Noire album sounds like Peste Noire, while "L'ordure à l'état pur" sounded like nothing i'v ever heard (my favourite PN album by far). It's still a blast, full of humour and great compositions.
Jankowitch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the new album. Ballade... remains my favorite, because it has an atmosphere that stays the same during the whole album, whereas L'ordure and Peste Noire are more diverse and sometimes lack coherence IMO. There is also a lot of irony, which isn't a bad thing, but keeps it back from becoming a perfect album in my book.
If you don't understand French, you're obviously missing a big part of the album too, because the lyrics are really important in PN's music, and especially on this album.
Guido

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So no lyrics included in the 8 euros version? Damned!!!!!!!!!!!!
nomapple

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The samples for this sound great. Famine is a very creative musician.
hevosrunkkari

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listened the first three songs from youtube and it sounds astonishing, as expected. Intro made me thinking, is this the medieval version of Diapsiquir? There is certain similar madness going on. Hope to receive my preorder cd soon.
carbonized_ju

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digibook's pic found on a french board :
Hørus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalen wrote:
What does that cardboard look like, is it like a promo CD? I've payed 5-10 euros for various albums in that shape and I dunno, they look a bit cheap-ish.

That's the idea actually. If I'm not mistaken, the plan was to make the awesome deluxe version. And to avoid people complaining for the (legitimate) high price, making a cheap version for cheap.
2014 list (Seth, SFE, Satanic Warmaster, Blut Aus Nord, Sunn O))), Shining, Celestia, Mz.412, Hellfest, ...) : http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=814863#814863
xxx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to receive this... Still haven't got my copy Sad
Dalen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hørus wrote:
Dalen wrote:
What does that cardboard look like, is it like a promo CD? I've payed 5-10 euros for various albums in that shape and I dunno, they look a bit cheap-ish.

That's the idea actually. If I'm not mistaken, the plan was to make the awesome deluxe version. And to avoid people complaining for the (legitimate) high price, making a cheap version for cheap.

8 euros for promo CD packaging is expensive too, you know. Perhaps it makes a difference for shipping costs, but anyway.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does everything have to come with over the top packaging these days now anyways?

Standard jewel case is fine, or just make the material printed able to fit into one.

The way the shipping industry is going, ordering cd's alone without the case is looking more appealing. Buying jewel cases locally or harvesting cases from other sources like crap albums is starting to look more and more appealing.

To hell with ordering fancy packaging for albums just as easily downloaded... but who wants a single cardboard sleeve either you can't even read the spine off of? Confused
KLM

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selling promo cds for 8 euros and we're the social parasites?!

Joking aside new album is good.
toxicbreed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.506111426126395.1073741826.428764067194465&type=3

photos of the digibook, by metastazis
Lamesnieherlequin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: New PESTE NOIRE album 2013 + Interview Reply with quote

First post updated:

The new Peste Noire 2013 album, self-titled ‘Peste Noire’, is AVAILABLE FOR THOSE WHO PREORDERED on the band’s self-owned label La mesnie Herlequin.

There are two versions of this, the 5th Peste Noire opus:

The super-deluxe version for the hard-working elite priced at 30 Euros.

= a DVD-sized DIGIBOOK with lyrics containing a 24-page booklet where each text is illustrated (some hand-drawn), plus an outer overlay embossed in hot gold.

The special ‘PS’ version (‘Social Parasite’) priced at 8 Euros.

= a CD in a black and white cardboard slipcase, with an alternative layout. The poor man's version of this new album.

Wholesales will be available to retailers AFTER all the pre-orders are shipped. Don’t bother asking!

Note for Americans: today 1 Euro = 1,282 US Dollars / 1 US Dollar = 0,7801 Euros.

The pre-orders are currently being shipped. The webshop is closed and will only open up again once I have sent out all the pre-orders. For those who preordered: don't worry you'll get your order soon. Thank you for your patience. I am alone, you're hundreds! The Underground!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: