P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

New PESTE NOIRE album 2013 + Interview
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leichenbergen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: New PESTE NOIRE album 2013 + Interview Reply with quote

Lamesnieherlequin wrote:
In any case, feel free to ask whatever CONSTRUCTIVE questions here; if only these public exercises could spare me from answering hundreds of emails and wasting an awful, AWFUL lot of time...

I'm really ashamed to ask this, but can't help my curiosity.
So, Famine, as an adolescent back in 80s, did you happen to like Mylène Farmer? Recently I've got into her first two albums (especially, the second one), and this question strangely bugs me much more often, than I wish to admit.
I guess, after such a profound and insightful interview, that's somehow the only thing about PN I want to clear for myself Laughing

And yeah, definitely buying the digibook and anticipating some new shirts!
huntersinsnow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: New PESTE NOIRE album 2013 + Interview Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
for once an interview that is really interesting to read

No kidding. Very interesting and nice to read a band interview more in depth than "So how do you like playing guitar?" etc.
Guido

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you check great zines such as DEVILMENT, VATRA I SUMPOR, CALL FROM THE GRAVE, HORRIBLE EYES, you'll read that the questions are DEFINITELY not about guitar equipement and stuff like that!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
huntersinsnow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guido wrote:
Well, if you check great zines such as DEVILMENT, VATRA I SUMPOR, CALL FROM THE GRAVE, HORRIBLE EYES, you'll read that the questions are DEFINITELY not about guitar equipement and stuff like that!!!

I agree! Maybe I'm exaggerating. I guess I meant that less as a criticism of other zines and more of a compliment to the depth of this particular interview, if that makes sense. No zine hatred here.
Dismal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting read. pre-ordered!
Speerhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

huntersinsnow wrote:
Guido wrote:

I agree! Maybe I'm exaggerating. I guess I meant that less as a criticism of other zines and more of a compliment to the depth of this particular interview, if that makes sense. No zine hatred here.

in this case, the questions asked are almost irrelevant though Very Happy
BaronOvHell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol at posting this on the definitive 'prole bm' board.
In Solitude

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great interview. Truly gave me a better understanding of this killer band.
iron tyrant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys have a very interesting concept behind them, and a healthy "fuck off" attitude I can't help but support.
As the famous quote goes, they "stand beyond any criticism". Like them or not, they managed to create something very unique.

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already pre-ordered, the last two albums were nothing but genius, i hope this will contain the same amount of surprises as "L'ordure a l'état pure".
Lamesnieherlequin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eternal Soul wrote:
Any updates on the PN vinyls, Famine?

We're working on the layout for the vinyl version of "Ballade cuntre lo Anemi francor" that should be sent to press in a short period of time now.

We'll also release (or rerelease) "L'Ordure", "Les Démos" etc. on vinyl some day and also some of SALE FREUX's infamous works.

Plus produce new T-shirts and reprint the sold out hoody.

Leichenbergen wrote:

I'm really ashamed to ask this, but can't help my curiosity.
So, Famine, as an adolescent back in 80s, did you happen to like Mylène Farmer? Recently I've got into her first two albums (especially, the second one), and this question strangely bugs me.

Actually, your question is not as bad as you think it is! Are you learning French through her songs or something?

I attended one of her concerts on her 1989 tour, when I was 7. That tour:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPPu-BEyQec&feature=player_detailpage#t=122s

She probably caused my first hard-ons and this 1988 clip featuring caning and hints of backdoor sex was what got me into SM later:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOvshC3M44o&feature=player_detailpage#t=193s

Obviously what she does nowadays is crap. Let's say what she did back then was only half-crap. Definitely better than the songs THERION covered on their "Les Fleurs du Mal" album though...

Strange question, especially on...

BaronOvHell wrote:
the definitive 'prole bm' board.

Laughing @ "Baron".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iron tyrant wrote:
These guys have a very interesting concept behind them, and a healthy "fuck off" attitude I can't help but support.
As the famous quote goes, they "stand beyond any criticism". Like them or not, they managed to create something very unique.

Seriously though... how can one NOT have a fuck off attitude and claim to support any avenue of this so called 'black' metal we all crave and seek?

Art should not have boundries or rules. Sure some legendary bands went a slightly questionable direction, but if one is to approach the argument with maturity... demo days broke ass with lots of vision but limited resource eventually changes with fan support and finances, who the hell wouldn't have pursued the full blown studio expirence? (Emperor, Dimmu Borgir etc etc???)

Everyone of these bands no matter how clean they get or odd, the don't care attitude as long as they are making their own art from the heart... they have my support.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie Dance wrote:
Already pre-ordered, the last two albums were nothing but genius, i hope this will contain the same amount of surprises as "L'ordure a l'état pure".

There were some parts that made me cringe... haha, but I suppose in hindsight that could be a good reaction cause of it's absurd difference compared to... the unremarkable hoard of other bands all kinda doing the same thing. For example I think the banjo? part really raised an eyebrow, but it would seem a few French acts are throwing this 'shock' into the mix.

Has not Taake and Glorior Belli done something similar too now? Like some wild weird hillbilly backwoods country part just fucking comes out like a slap in the face admidst rather standard black metal fare? Laughing
Lamesnieherlequin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
There were some parts that made me cringe... haha, but I suppose in hindsight that could be a good reaction cause of it's absurd difference compared to... the unremarkable hoard of other bands all kinda doing the same thing. For example I think the banjo? part really raised an eyebrow, but it would seem a few French acts are throwing this 'shock' into the mix.

Has not Taake and Glorior Belli done something similar too now? Like some wild weird hillbilly backwoods country part just fucking comes out like a slap in the face admidst rather standard black metal fare? Laughing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epinette_des_Vosges

This isn't a "banjo" I'm afraid and they are not hillbillies. It's called an "épinette des Vosges" and the sound it creates is quite unique and quite French too (in case you haven't noticed yet, we're a French band). I bought a cheap one and learned to play it very quickly for "L'Ordure" (by the way, those who think/say that we used samples of trombone, cello, accordion... in "L'Ordure" are wrong, we never ever used sampled instruments in PN, we just hire session musicians when we can't play the instruments ourselves, and this is also the case in our new self-titled full-length).

So, the épinette part pops up here:
http://youtu.be/6TkQOLtmiLU?t=3m16s

As for "throwing 'shock' into the mix.'' Again, no. We leave nothing to chance in PN, even when it appears to be completely accidental. Despite appearances, we take our music very seriously.

The interview reads: " The music follows the lyrics, word for note. The movement ‘J’avais rêvé du Nord’ in which urban rap is followed by flights of romance and epic hymns [that's where the épinette pops up to evoke the 'North' (= Fortress Europe) and its melancholy; a hillbilly banjo wouldn't fit, would it?], for example, is explained by the text as beginning with a civil war, a dream of liberating the North, and finally that liberation by force of arms." ( http://www.lamesnieherlequin.com/2013/04/interview-kpn-v-english-version/ )

Last edited by Lamesnieherlequin on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:17 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, whatever it is... it is different for sure. Props for trying that and expanding what I have been exposed to musically.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: