P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

New PESTE NOIRE album 2013 + Interview
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lamesnieherlequin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: New PESTE NOIRE album 2013 + Interview Reply with quote

The new Peste Noire 2013 album, self-titled ‘Peste Noire’, is OUT on the band’s self-owned label La mesnie Herlequin.

There are two versions of this, the 5th Peste Noire opus:

The super-deluxe version for the hard-working elite priced at 30 Euros.

= a DVD-sized DIGIBOOK with lyrics containing a 24-page booklet where each text is illustrated (some hand-drawn), plus an outer overlay embossed in hot gold.

The special ‘PS’ version (‘Social Parasite’) priced at 8 Euros.

= a CD in a black and white cardboard slipcase, with an alternative layout. The poor man's version of this new album.

No wholesale. Exclusive distribution by LMH. Don’t bother asking!

Note for Americans: today 1 Euro = 1,282 US Dollars / 1 US Dollar = 0,7801 Euros.

To tantalise you (or not), here is a new PN interview, the first since 2009:

http://www.lamesnieherlequin.com/2013/04/interview-kpn-v-english-version/

In this interview, PN’s leader, yours truly, talks about the new self-titled album (including the new notorious guest vocalists, the new line-up, etc.), hits back about ‘L'Ordure à l'état Pur’, and delves more deeply in Peste Noire's concept. He also gets around to speaking about his label ‘La mesnie Herlequin’, his new life in the forest and, more generally, he speculates on the future.

Excerpts-

‘I played in ALCEST. In the beginning. I composed the best riff in ‘Tristesse Hivernale’, the searing riff of ‘La Forêt du Cristal’. But at the behest of Neige, ALCEST became an Eden of elegant and overly nice fairies, the pastoral dream of a tender hobbit’s brain. To put it bluntly, ALCEST became a fairytale country. So I had to carve out my own path...I took a shit in those cute flowery groves, sodomised the fairies, and put those elves to bed with a dose of rat poison to allow the song of the toads to flourish. Yes, I made PESTE NOIRE...because PESTE NOIRE was born only to fuck shit up. (Diary of PN)’

‘With ten years of hindsight, I’ll tell you what I make: Black grotesque. Not grotesque in the profane and insulting sense, but in the literary sense. (…) If the Black Metaller is crazy only about the world of ‘Medieval Sabbaths’, apocalypses and wizards, if he doesn’t search for anything more in BM than children’s stories and has secret dreams of entering into a Harry Potter world, then he can’t access the buffoonish, the crazy, the humorous, the sarcastic, or step back and take a critical view; in short he can’t access the adult world. He only values the fantasy themes which one finds in the series ‘Goosebumps’, or the epic genre of ‘The Lord of the Rings’. Everything else he classes as ‘not noble’.’

‘The history of music is what it is, but I think that ‘Gothic’ as a style of music usurped this lovely term, which should have been allotted to Black Metal. (…) Black Metal has more of a grimacing mouth like a gargoyle, as opposed to ‘Gothic’ music, with its well-groomed ponces made up as women who sing far too much in tune. (…) To call art ‘Gothic’ was a derogatory term, used to designate the barbaric and strange aspect of French art (or art from the Île-de-France), since Gothic art originated in France. A barbaric art, of FRENCH IDENTITY so...it couldn’t be more appropriate for PN.’

‘My last album is worth three times that which is happing in the current BM scene: instead of buying three turds at ten Euros each, buy a PN album at 30 Euros. Do you complain when a car salesman tells you that a Porsche costs more than a Renault Twingo?...Our dear Black Metallers, who speak ONLY of being elite, should open a dictionary at the word ‘elite’, and learn that in the history of mankind the elite rarely experienced a lifetime on social welfare, receiving free healthcare from the NHS. Because when you think about it, I pay so many taxes that when they buy one of my CDs, ultimately they are doing nothing more than giving me back some of the money that the State steals from me to pay them to do fuck all.’

In any case, feel free to ask whatever CONSTRUCTIVE questions here; if only these public exercises could spare me from answering hundreds of emails and wasting an awful, AWFUL lot of time...

To finish, some links:

LMH: http://www.lamesnieherlequin.com/

LMH's SHOP: http://www.la6mesnie6herlequin6.bigcartel.com

By the way, LMH’s NEW EMAIL ADDRESS is: contact@lamesnieherlequin.com

Last edited by Lamesnieherlequin on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:12 am; edited 9 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Eternal Soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will probably preorder the digibook. Any updates on the PN vinyls, Famine?
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WoI guys guesting on this album is a welcome surprise.

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
Descension

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Social Parasite version", hahaha fuck. Laughing

Can't wait to check this out.
Valgrinder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noticed too that its useless to buy CD's just because theyre cheap, cause none ever listens them. So I could easily buy just one 30 euro CD and listen it regularly than buy 10 five euro CD that I NEVER listen. Why to make big collection that is full of mediocore stuff, quality against quantity.

But still ordered that parasite -version cause hate A5/DVD- sized cases when they wont fit in my shelf.
Zone

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Neige teach you to how to sodomize the fairies?
Sacrilege

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoI members as guest vocalists, very interesting. I need to get this.
DTBRex

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: New PESTE NOIRE album 2013 + Interview Reply with quote

Lamesnieherlequin wrote:

[size=18]To tantalise you (or not), here is a new PN interview, the first since 2009:

http://www.lamesnieherlequin.com/2013/04/interview-kpn-v-english-version/

One of the brightest minds in Black Metal; for once an interview that is really interesting to read, reflecting on issues of relevance as well as revealing a profound insight into everything he is talking about.

That release is going to be one of the best in 2013, no doubt at all!
Speerhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic interview.
Algathonix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will buy when I get my welfare check.
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the Intelligenzija approves this time. Laughing Hints of Négritude because we live in the Kali Yuga Laughing That's why the last Disiplin sounds like Dub, now I get it. Pagan Front Tribalism!
Hobophobic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any samples yet?

holy ghost wrote:

So basically... who gives a cats whiskers?
rthdx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful. Will wait for wholesale availability though and not interested in any samples in advance.
bigcartel
youtube
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farting at the table = lifestyle

Support!
TS.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to this!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: