P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

For trade: Westvleteren

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Trade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Humus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: For trade: Westvleteren Reply with quote

So let's try something different. All clichés aside, it seems like many people here are into beer, and also quite a few into small brewery beers. So I have something special in my cabinet that I would consider trading.

What I can offer is this: 6 bottles of Westvleteren 12, in a box with 2 Westvleteren glasses. These were sold within Belgium five years ago to fund the restoration of the abbey. Normally the beer is not commercially available, you have to call a hotline, only on specific days, and if you're lucky you get in and they give you a timeslot when you can pick up your beer. Then you have to physically drive to the abbey and pick it up in person,
Westvleteren 12 is the beer that was voted best beer in the world on ratebeer:
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/westvleteren-12-xii/4934/

All kidding aside, I've had it before and it's a marvellous beer. Probably not the best beer in the world but the rarity tends to make people more enthousiastic. A phenomenon not uncommon within metal circles...

Looking to trade against some old black metal. Something like firstpress Enslaved - Frost, second Master's hammer, Samael debut,... or South-American madness like Lost tapes of Cogumelo etc. Analog only, no represses. Find my wantlist (that needs some updating) here: http://disgustingnoise.wordpress.com/wanted-2/

Picture is a stock picture, but the box is in untouched condition. I'll pack it up as good as I can, filling the empty spaces within the box with packaging material.
Due to the heavy weight I will only ship this to The Netherlands, France, Germany, Luxemburg or the UK. Shipping to other countries is simply too expensive.
antihumanism

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good look with shipping this as I know it's illegal to ship liquids or alcohol through most shipping companies
Humus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, it was also illegal to send cash in the mail but we all did it. If you pack it up well you won't be able to make up the content from the outside.
Anyway, seems like the problem won't really pose itself as I have zero reactions. Guess I'll just flog it locally and buy something second hand with it myself.
doomedplanet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool idea, I bought one of those packs when they were released, cost a fortune, here in the states it was $12 a bottle, I think $80 a box. I didn't think it was the best beer in the world, especially at that price, but i was glad for the chance to sample it.
Good try on a trade, I'll bet if you went on a beer forum you could trade for other rare beer though.
Humus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read they exported some sets to the US. Over here the initial price was more moderate, 35 dollars I believe. And an hour waiting line to get it.

I got a cabinet filled with some other special beers from famous Belgian micro-breweries, but I just never drink beer anymore. On the seldom occassions that I drink alchohol it's mostly good gin or good whiskey, and very rarely a gueuze in the summertime.
doomedplanet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drink 1-2 beers every day, so if you want to ship that cabinet full over here be my guest, haha.
Typhon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doomedplanet wrote:
I drink 1-2 beers every day, so if you want to ship that cabinet full over here be my guest, haha.

Nah ship it to me cheaper.. Razz
Warfare Noise

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll trade rare blackmetal for rare gueuze or lambic but Westy XII is available on about four different websites right now that will ship anywhere in the world for around 10 or 11 euro a bottle... Message me if you have some A&T, Don Quijote, '11 Framboos, Loerik, '13 Hommage, Zenne, Lambic d’ Aunis, any 3F seasons, Any lou pepe, Blåbær (etc) in that old cabinet you want to trade Wink
Humus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doomedplanet wrote:

Hehe, that would cost a fortune. Only have some stuff from De struise brouwers left I think. And the 'normal' Belgian abbay beers, which we mainly use to make stew.

Quote:
I'll trade rare blackmetal for rare gueuze or lambic but Westy XII is available on about four different websites right now that will ship anywhere in the world for around 10 or 11 euro a bottle... Message me if you have some A&T, Don Quijote, '11 Framboos, Loerik, '13 Hommage, Zenne, Lambic d’ Aunis, any 3F seasons, Any lou pepe, Blåbær (etc) in that old cabinet you want to trade Wink

Don't know them all but the ones I know are impossible to find even here. I'm guessing collecting beer is like collecting records. I buy my beer in the equivalent of the Nuclear blast shop. And for those beers you personally need to know the owner of the equivalent of Terratur possessions.

If we ever get around cleaning up my parent's basement there might still be some treasures there, untouched for over 30 years...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Trade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: