P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Modern black metal with balls
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1340
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valgrinder wrote:
ENOCHIAN CRESCENT isnt for anyone but they surely are in their own league, for good and bad. Its interesting cause they have really dedicated followers here in Finland but not so many foreigner seems to care about them.

Modern, check
Dedicated, check
Skilled musicians, check

I own the first three albums and I definitely agree with you, outstanding stuff. Especially that last one they did for Avantgarde. I've never checked Black Church though, is it really as much of a let down as people say?
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tireheb



Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 5845
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Valgrinder wrote:
ENOCHIAN CRESCENT isnt for anyone but they surely are in their own league, for good and bad. Its interesting cause they have really dedicated followers here in Finland but not so many foreigner seems to care about them.

Modern, check
Dedicated, check
Skilled musicians, check

I own the first three albums and I definitely agree with you, outstanding stuff. Especially that last one they did for Avantgarde. I've never checked Black Church though, is it really as much of a let down as people say?

Hard to say. They did progress more with that album. Haven't listened to for years. It's propably their best sounding album, I never really liked the production on the Tico-Tico albums.
_________________
Kojiri wrote:
To buy lots of die hards, see them ebayed before you, and hear the lamentations of NWN.


"You can't hide the hook!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valgrinder



Joined: 27 Sep 2008
Posts: 816
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Valgrinder wrote:
ENOCHIAN CRESCENT isnt for anyone but they surely are in their own league, for good and bad. Its interesting cause they have really dedicated followers here in Finland but not so many foreigner seems to care about them.

Modern, check
Dedicated, check
Skilled musicians, check

I own the first three albums and I definitely agree with you, outstanding stuff. Especially that last one they did for Avantgarde. I've never checked Black Church though, is it really as much of a let down as people say?


They have released two full-lenghts ("NEF.VI.LIM" and "Risti") after Black Church and must say that those are their best works. Longtime vocalist left and on latest there is new one trying to fill those big boots.

Uh, almost forgot. Because that lineup change they renamed the band as THE CRESCENT. "Risti" came out under that name
_________________
Mors fennico more
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
astralvesl



Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Posts: 965

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big fan of Enochian Crescent and Black Dawn. Black Church is a solid album, though I can see why people wouldn't like it, has a very...commercial sound almost. So wrath left? Gotta be a pretty different band now I imagine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tireheb



Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 5845
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the band split up last summer.
_________________
Kojiri wrote:
To buy lots of die hards, see them ebayed before you, and hear the lamentations of NWN.


"You can't hide the hook!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wasteland



Joined: 07 Jun 2009
Posts: 579

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Worthless Joke wrote:
I love how the guy asks for music of value, yet the thread immediately turns into another "mention whatever bullshit that's cult" thread.

Well as I said I kinda expected it. I checked some of those bands mentioned so far and only 2-3 of them actually fit the (admittenly very selective) parameters I stated. What I'm looking for are superior bands that I might have missed on, stuff on the same quality and class of Watain, Malign etc. With all due respect to the guy who recommended Averse Sefira, they're far from being a potentially classic band. Mortuus and Mgla so far have been the closest examples.


Eh, I think Averse Sefira is about ten times better than Watain. To each his own, I suppose.
_________________
holy ghost wrote:
"as of 11th December 2012, black metal is for queers"


morg wrote:
Fuck is end!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Descension



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 3561

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasteland wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Worthless Joke wrote:
I love how the guy asks for music of value, yet the thread immediately turns into another "mention whatever bullshit that's cult" thread.

Well as I said I kinda expected it. I checked some of those bands mentioned so far and only 2-3 of them actually fit the (admittenly very selective) parameters I stated. What I'm looking for are superior bands that I might have missed on, stuff on the same quality and class of Watain, Malign etc. With all due respect to the guy who recommended Averse Sefira, they're far from being a potentially classic band. Mortuus and Mgla so far have been the closest examples.


Eh, I think Averse Sefira is about ten times better than Watain. To each his own, I suppose.

No way. AVERSE SEFIRA is one of the most boring black metal bands I have ever had the misfortune of listening to, and seeing live.

Was just about to mention MGLA but I see you've already checked them out. I can't think of too much else that I have been listening to lately besides maybe ASH POOL?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cedric



Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Posts: 650
Location: Belgium

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heresi - Psalm I & II


Both are of great quality. Outstanding riffs, good production, etc. Just overall very good black metal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panzer_kommander_d



Joined: 25 Nov 2009
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe Danish blodfest's album "i kong skjolds navn" has some of the things you are looking for.. I like all ther albums, but i kong skjolds navn has a really good sound... here is a link to the first song from the album http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63vUs2vGBwU
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfFK2zHVPmI


https://www.facebook.com/pages/Purification-Kommando/117557474980593
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pro Abortion



Joined: 15 Feb 2009
Posts: 375

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Descension wrote:
wasteland wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Worthless Joke wrote:
I love how the guy asks for music of value, yet the thread immediately turns into another "mention whatever bullshit that's cult" thread.

Well as I said I kinda expected it. I checked some of those bands mentioned so far and only 2-3 of them actually fit the (admittenly very selective) parameters I stated. What I'm looking for are superior bands that I might have missed on, stuff on the same quality and class of Watain, Malign etc. With all due respect to the guy who recommended Averse Sefira, they're far from being a potentially classic band. Mortuus and Mgla so far have been the closest examples.


Eh, I think Averse Sefira is about ten times better than Watain. To each his own, I suppose.

No way. AVERSE SEFIRA is one of the most boring black metal bands I have ever had the misfortune of listening to, and seeing live.

Was just about to mention MGLA but I see you've already checked them out. I can't think of too much else that I have been listening to lately besides maybe ASH POOL?


F U, buddy, clean the shit out of your ears. Laughing Averse Sefira's last album was fantastic.
_________________
Metal isn't diplomatic - metal takes diplomats hostage.
http://www.deathmetal.org/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1340
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valgrinder wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Valgrinder wrote:
ENOCHIAN CRESCENT isnt for anyone but they surely are in their own league, for good and bad. Its interesting cause they have really dedicated followers here in Finland but not so many foreigner seems to care about them.

Modern, check
Dedicated, check
Skilled musicians, check

I own the first three albums and I definitely agree with you, outstanding stuff. Especially that last one they did for Avantgarde. I've never checked Black Church though, is it really as much of a let down as people say?


They have released two full-lenghts ("NEF.VI.LIM" and "Risti") after Black Church and must say that those are their best works. Longtime vocalist left and on latest there is new one trying to fill those big boots.

Uh, almost forgot. Because that lineup change they renamed the band as THE CRESCENT. "Risti" came out under that name

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I had no idea they were still around and released new stuff after BC, gotta check it out asap.
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bvr



Joined: 18 Sep 2012
Posts: 93

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panzer_kommander_d wrote:
maybe Danish blodfest's album "i kong skjolds navn" has some of the things you are looking for.. I like all ther albums, but i kong skjolds navn has a really good sound... here is a link to the first song from the album http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63vUs2vGBwU


Blodfest totally fucking kills, but as far as I understood mr. NK7's request, that's not quite the kind of music he's looking for. Same goes for Offerkult and that Danish chaotic approach in general.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mortado



Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Posts: 783
Location: Seattle area, USA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta add Inquisition to the list.
_________________
Slackmovies - My lame movie blog!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
obscureinfinity



Joined: 05 Jan 2013
Posts: 260

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if you haven't already heard them, Inquisition is pretty much exactly what you're looking for. Not too "kvlt" in terms of obscurity and extremely tight musicianship.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panzer_kommander_d



Joined: 25 Nov 2009
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bvr wrote:
Panzer_kommander_d wrote:
maybe Danish blodfest's album "i kong skjolds navn" has some of the things you are looking for.. I like all ther albums, but i kong skjolds navn has a really good sound... here is a link to the first song from the album http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63vUs2vGBwU


Blodfest totally fucking kills, but as far as I understood mr. NK7's request, that's not quite the kind of music he's looking for. Same goes for Offerkult and that Danish chaotic approach in general.


I still give i kong skjolds navn a shot i think.. hehe.. But i like that "Danish chaotic approach", i guess we do, do that.. hehe
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfFK2zHVPmI


https://www.facebook.com/pages/Purification-Kommando/117557474980593
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group