P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Modern black metal with balls
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valgrinder wrote:
ENOCHIAN CRESCENT isnt for anyone but they surely are in their own league, for good and bad. Its interesting cause they have really dedicated followers here in Finland but not so many foreigner seems to care about them.

Modern, check
Dedicated, check
Skilled musicians, check

I own the first three albums and I definitely agree with you, outstanding stuff. Especially that last one they did for Avantgarde. I've never checked Black Church though, is it really as much of a let down as people say?
Tireheb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Valgrinder wrote:
ENOCHIAN CRESCENT isnt for anyone but they surely are in their own league, for good and bad. Its interesting cause they have really dedicated followers here in Finland but not so many foreigner seems to care about them.

Modern, check
Dedicated, check
Skilled musicians, check

I own the first three albums and I definitely agree with you, outstanding stuff. Especially that last one they did for Avantgarde. I've never checked Black Church though, is it really as much of a let down as people say?

Hard to say. They did progress more with that album. Haven't listened to for years. It's propably their best sounding album, I never really liked the production on the Tico-Tico albums.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Valgrinder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Valgrinder wrote:

Modern, check
Dedicated, check
Skilled musicians, check

They have released two full-lenghts ("NEF.VI.LIM" and "Risti") after Black Church and must say that those are their best works. Longtime vocalist left and on latest there is new one trying to fill those big boots.

Uh, almost forgot. Because that lineup change they renamed the band as THE CRESCENT. "Risti" came out under that name
astralvesl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big fan of Enochian Crescent and Black Dawn. Black Church is a solid album, though I can see why people wouldn't like it, has a very...commercial sound almost. So wrath left? Gotta be a pretty different band now I imagine.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the band split up last summer.

"You can't hide the hook!"
wasteland

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Worthless Joke wrote:
I love how the guy asks for music of value, yet the thread immediately turns into another "mention whatever bullshit that's cult" thread.

Well as I said I kinda expected it. I checked some of those bands mentioned so far and only 2-3 of them actually fit the (admittenly very selective) parameters I stated. What I'm looking for are superior bands that I might have missed on, stuff on the same quality and class of Watain, Malign etc. With all due respect to the guy who recommended Averse Sefira, they're far from being a potentially classic band. Mortuus and Mgla so far have been the closest examples.

Eh, I think Averse Sefira is about ten times better than Watain. To each his own, I suppose.

morg wrote:
Fuck is end!
Descension

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasteland wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Worthless Joke wrote:
I love how the guy asks for music of value, yet the thread immediately turns into another "mention whatever bullshit that's cult" thread.

Well as I said I kinda expected it. I checked some of those bands mentioned so far and only 2-3 of them actually fit the (admittenly very selective) parameters I stated. What I'm looking for are superior bands that I might have missed on, stuff on the same quality and class of Watain, Malign etc. With all due respect to the guy who recommended Averse Sefira, they're far from being a potentially classic band. Mortuus and Mgla so far have been the closest examples.

Eh, I think Averse Sefira is about ten times better than Watain. To each his own, I suppose.

No way. AVERSE SEFIRA is one of the most boring black metal bands I have ever had the misfortune of listening to, and seeing live.

Was just about to mention MGLA but I see you've already checked them out. I can't think of too much else that I have been listening to lately besides maybe ASH POOL?
Cedric

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heresi - Psalm I & II

Both are of great quality. Outstanding riffs, good production, etc. Just overall very good black metal.
Panzer_kommander_d

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe Danish blodfest's album "i kong skjolds navn" has some of the things you are looking for.. I like all ther albums, but i kong skjolds navn has a really good sound... here is a link to the first song from the album http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63vUs2vGBwU

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Purification-Kommando/117557474980593
Pro Abortion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Descension wrote:
wasteland wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Worthless Joke wrote:

No way. AVERSE SEFIRA is one of the most boring black metal bands I have ever had the misfortune of listening to, and seeing live.

Was just about to mention MGLA but I see you've already checked them out. I can't think of too much else that I have been listening to lately besides maybe ASH POOL?

F U, buddy, clean the shit out of your ears. Laughing Averse Sefira's last album was fantastic.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valgrinder wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Valgrinder wrote:

Modern, check
Dedicated, check
Skilled musicians, check

They have released two full-lenghts ("NEF.VI.LIM" and "Risti") after Black Church and must say that those are their best works. Longtime vocalist left and on latest there is new one trying to fill those big boots.

Uh, almost forgot. Because that lineup change they renamed the band as THE CRESCENT. "Risti" came out under that name

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I had no idea they were still around and released new stuff after BC, gotta check it out asap.
bvr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panzer_kommander_d wrote:
maybe Danish blodfest's album "i kong skjolds navn" has some of the things you are looking for.. I like all ther albums, but i kong skjolds navn has a really good sound... here is a link to the first song from the album http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63vUs2vGBwU

Blodfest totally fucking kills, but as far as I understood mr. NK7's request, that's not quite the kind of music he's looking for. Same goes for Offerkult and that Danish chaotic approach in general.
Mortado

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta add Inquisition to the list.
obscureinfinity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if you haven't already heard them, Inquisition is pretty much exactly what you're looking for. Not too "kvlt" in terms of obscurity and extremely tight musicianship.
Panzer_kommander_d

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bvr wrote:
Panzer_kommander_d wrote:

Blodfest totally fucking kills, but as far as I understood mr. NK7's request, that's not quite the kind of music he's looking for. Same goes for Offerkult and that Danish chaotic approach in general.

I still give i kong skjolds navn a shot i think.. hehe.. But i like that "Danish chaotic approach", i guess we do, do that.. hehe

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Purification-Kommando/117557474980593
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: