P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

New Releases from DEATHSTENCH, ESOTERICA & LITHOTOME Out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pyriphlegethon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: New Releases from DEATHSTENCH, ESOTERICA & LITHOTOME Out Reply with quote

DEATHSTENCH "Nekro Blood Ritual" Cassette
Since DEATHSTENCH's inception, this duo has continued to construct suffocating atmospheres of pitch black malevolence and impending death without salvation. Waves of blackened static churn and intertwine with sub-terranean frequencies and droning, funerary guitars. Poisonous black hatred and exalted evil realized through the sonic medium of sound. 100 pieces.

Samples : NekroBloodRitual http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFY7ATnxioM | Desecrating The Host http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnielL1vlss

ESOTERICA "A Home For Rats" Cassette
With "A Home For Rats", Esoterica presents seven explorations through visions of dementia and disharmony, transcending flesh and form. Black Metal beyond the feeble mortal coil. 100 pieces.

Samples : Coming soon...

LITHOTOME "Lithotome" CD
Lithotome's debut self titled full length of disturbing Death Metal has finally been birthed. Formed in 2010 as the brainchild of Esoterica (ex Chaos Moon/Esoterica/Krieg) as a lurching mass different from his other creations but just as touched. Imperial (Krieg/Twilight) became involved in 2011 and added his wretched vocal stylings to Esoterica's twisting and changing form of writing while The Many (Plastik Musik/Bitter Peace) added a pulse and shell, resulting in this, their first full length.

Lithotome can be described as a blend of the madness of Portal and ancient Finnish Death Metal sub 1994. Dense and unnerving Death Metal with little concern for traditional aesthetics, this is a record which will crawl into your subconscious and silently reap for time to come.

Samples : Mother Of Worms http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJf574FXESk | Comavoid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elf4iPxnR6Q

BUY @ http://fallofnature.bigcartel.com/category/fall-of-nature-releases

Cheap wholesale rates available for distributors. Get in touch @ fallofnature @ hotmail . com [remove spaces]

Next - THE VAULT, TEMPLE OF NOT.

www.fallofnature.blogspot.com
Pyriphlegethon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First couple of reviews -

http://ironhops.com/?p=2502
"Some readers may recall that a couple of weeks ago I reviewed a fantastic four-way split between Bitter Peace, Esoterica, Krieg, and The Many called New World Black Metal. Now comes the full-length debut from Lithotome, featuring Esoterica, The Many, and Imperial of Krieg. Originally envisioned in 2010 by Esoterica—and if you’ve not yet checked out the stuff on his Bandcamp page, you need to stop reading this right now and go do so—the band eventually evolved to include The Many on what the press release calls ‘pulse and shell’ (I’m guessing drums and maybe samples?) and Imperial from the mighty Krieg on vocals. After listening to the New World Black Metal split, I had pretty high hopes for this project. The resulting album is even better than I could have possibly imagined.

If you’ve ever sat listening to a band like Portal or Dragged Into Sunlight and thought to yourself “you know what this album really needs? Imperial on vocals,” you should be shitting yourself with maniacal glee right about now, because in a very broad sense that’s what Lithotome sounds like. This is not classic Norwegian-inspired black metal by any stretch of the imagination. Nor does it really sound like anything I’ve heard from Krieg before. The guitars here are crusty and filthy, with riffs that, while buried well below the drums in the mix on most of the album, are swirling maelstroms of blackened sludge-infused evil. If there actually is a Hell, and there are indeed blast furnaces there, I would imagine that the noises made by those said blast furnaces in Hell would sound remarkably like the guitars on this album. The drums almost sound more tribal than anything one would traditionally expect from black or even death metal; honestly, the pacing of most of these songs are closer to doom than anything else, with the occasional faster sections. And Imperial sounds utterly possessed on this album; his vocals are far more feral and just plain fucking evil sounding than anything I can recall him doing with Krieg.

At just six songs (but still clocking in at 40 minutes), this is one of those albums where you just hit play and let the whole thing wash over you. The highlights for me, though, are the album’s closing duo of “A Halo’s Swarm of Locust” and “Mother of Worms,” partly because they’re such a wonderful contrast to each other. “Locust” is a slow, menacing eight-minute creeper of a song that threatens to completely suffocate you with its malevolent aura and funereal pall, while “Worms” is the closest to traditional black metal Lithotome come on the album, with some truly frenzied drumming propelling the first five minutes or so of the song, until the pace virtually grinds to a halt and Imperial delivers 90 seconds or so of vocals that I don’t know how to describe aside from saying that they honestly scare the piss out of me. Then it’s another three minutes or so of frenzy until the song ends with two minutes or so of what sounds like a sample of a men’s choir singing in Latin over ambient guitar noise and feedback. The two tracks combined make for an absolutely astonishing twenty minutes of music and all but guarantee this album a spot in my year-end top five; the fact that the rest of the album is just as good makes this essential listening.

Lithotome can be purchased on CD through Fall of Nature Records. The band is currently looking for someone to release the LP version, and I hope they’re able to do so soon because I need this on vinyl ASAP.

Final Grade: A+"

http://www.theinarguable.com/2013/03/the-inarguable-exclusive-new-lithotome.html
"I haven't made good on my 2013 resolution to discuss more death metal, so consider this my own personal kick in the pants. Do you remember that New World Black Metal 4-way split I reviewed last week? It turns out the madmen behind that compilation have been quietly working on one of the most savage death metal releases I've heard in a long time. Lithotome is the union of N. Imperial (Krieg), Esoterica (ex-Chaos Moon/Esoterica/Krieg), and The Many (Bitter Peace/The Many) in an attempt to create something filthy, misanthropic, and, most importantly, harrowing. A sort of fusion between the timeless works of Finland's Rippikoulu (a band with whom everyone should be at least partially familiar) and the heavier mid-era works of the ever-popular Portal.

Falling around the halfway point of Lithotome's self-titled debut, "Indulge the Flesh of the Earth" opens with an excruciatingly slow bout of dissonant, stuttering death/doom metal. A gurgling mass of throat torture, war sirens, and muscle, this nightmarish dirge explodes into a mid-paced blast, slowly gaining momentum and picking up speed and enveloping all which surrounds it, only to drop back to its initial funereal pace at its close. Esoterica's guitar work is at its finest and most chaotic, bending and weaving through some of the most hand-smashingly uncomfortable dissonance I've personally experienced with this sort of death metal. Imperial, as always, sounds inhuman. I've always felt his voice would be a perfect fit for death metal, especially after his work with crusty death/doom monster March Into The Sea (are they still a thing?), and now that I've heard his signature "manimal gurgles" over something a bit more chaotic, my suspicions have been confirmed. You don't want to miss out on this one, or any of the other new releases on Fall of Nature Records."

Copies soon on the way to MORIBUND (USA), OBSCURE ABHORRENCE (Germany) and NECROCOSM (France).

SATURNIAN PRODUCTIONS (Finland) will also be stocking Esoterica.
Pyriphlegethon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All orders and trades posted to date.

Copies of LITHOTOME soon on the way to NUCLEAR WINTER RECORDS (Greece), AMOR FATI (Germany) and VAN RECORDS (Germany).
Pyriphlegethon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rise.

Deathstench and Esoterica going fast.
veadtuck

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new Esoterica is good as f*#&!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: