P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

The general hardcore punk appreciation thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evil Fifi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cochino wrote:
Man, I can't believe I didn't mention Nerorgasmo. Their 1985 EP is just perfect.

Check it out here:
http://www.goodbadmusic.com/2008/10/19/nerorgasmo-st-7ep-babby-records-italy-1985/

80's italo hc in general. Forza, forza wild bunch.

Oh yeah, just say no to youth crew hc.
obscureinfinity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't heard these guys. Good stuff!
fartcough

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PTL Klub is good old Hardcore. I first heard them on Seth Putnam's 13 bands compilation and quickly picked up their discography cd after. The comp tracks are pretty badass as well. They're taken from a live show where before they play the song This Town Sucks they ask people in the audience which town sucks and one Don of the Dead says Pittsburg. Pretty cool, huh? Huh!?
obscureinfinity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youth Crew is like a precursor to all the militant straight edge 90s beatdown/metalcore bands.

The furthest I'll go with straight edge militancy is SS Decontrol and only because their music is good. PTL Klub also rules. Boston (used to) have a great hardcore scene.
Evil Fifi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fartcough wrote:
PTL Klub is good old Hardcore. I first heard them on Seth Putnam's 13 bands compilation and quickly picked up their discography cd after. The comp tracks are pretty badass as well. They're taken from a live show where before they play the song This Town Sucks they ask people in the audience which town sucks and one Don of the Dead says Pittsburg. Pretty cool, huh? Huh!?

Yeah, ptl klub is great. Anyone into Plague?
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone wrote:
I don't care too much for stuff like Jerry's Kids or Negative Approach, its boring music and it just goes in one ear and out the other like the talentless crap it is. Some of those Youth crew groups though are great because they actually included faster riffs with the group vocals and metallic elements, stuff like Chain of Strength, Bold, Floorpunch, and Youth of today I love. Of course the obvious mentions of Black flag and Agent Orange apply, but my main love is the heavier stuff like Merauder, 25 Ta life, Ringworm, Integrity, Madball, and Billy club sandwich that gets my adrenaline going. Hardcore is my second favorite style of music, its just a matter of finding out which early 80's bands are worth more anything.

I'm not sure a thousand gifs of that exploding head from Scanners would be enough to reply to this post. Youth crew is a disgrace to hardcore, the worst thing that ever happened to this music (that, and all the good bands turning into shit metal in the mid 80's) imho... How can you say Jerry's Kids were "talentless crap" compared to 25 Ta Life? For instance, people have been discussing the crazy drumming on "Is This My World?" for decades. You can't say MUSIC is the main reason why people remember youth crew or tough guy stuff.

Also, I dislike pretty much all proper sxe hardcore besides Sairaat Mielet and Svart Parad. But Svart Parad were sxe like Minor Threat were so...
holy ghost

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really can't fathom how out of all the generic hardcore shit Jerry's Kids are singled out as boring. But hey man that's just me!

I mostly like the Finnish/Swedish stuff like Kaaos, Riistiityt, Tampere SS, Mob 47, Varaus, etc, and I will always have total devotion to later era Flag, Misfits, Bad Brains and some of the network of friends stuff like Larm, Heresy, Ripcord, BGK, Pandemonium....

And Ringworm fucking rules too!
obscureinfinity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drumming on Is This My World? is NUTS. I thought I was the only one who thought that.

I really don't care if a band is straight edge as long as they communicate it through their music effectively, which most of them don't. DYS, Negative FX, Slapshot, and Last Rights are subtly straight edge (I don't think they even talk about it explicitly in their lyrics) and I love those bands.

I need to look more into the Swedish, Finnish, and Italian scenes.
anthares

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Varaus
MG15
Alamaailma
Sekunda
Protesti
Destrucktions
HIC Systeemi
Wretched
EU´s Arse
Armagedom
Olho Seco
Perikato
Kolmas Päivä
glwdrk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obscureinfinity wrote:
The drumming on Is This My World? is NUTS. I thought I was the only one who thought that.

I really don't care if a band is straight edge as long as they communicate it through their music effectively, which most of them don't. DYS, Negative FX, Slapshot, and Last Rights are subtly straight edge (I don't think they even talk about it explicitly in their lyrics) and I love those bands.

well, slapshot never were really "subtle" about it at all:

Kill anyone with a beer in their hand
'Cause if you drink you're not a man
Straight edge, straight edge in your face
You don't belong in the human race
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classic US-HC from the 80ies is the best, with the Scandinavians closely following.

New-School HC is completely shit as a whole plus the scene is dumb and most newcomers have no clue about the roots of the genre, even worse than in Metal.
obscureinfinity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha I stand corrected. What album is that off of? I've heard most of their material but haven't heard that song.
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthares wrote:
Varaus
MG15
Alamaailma
Sekunda
Protesti
Destrucktions
HIC Systeemi
Wretched
EU´s Arse
Armagedom
Olho Seco
Perikato
Kolmas Päivä

Are you Brazilian? In which case I might understand the Alamaailma and Kolmas Päivä recommendations but it's seriously so weird, like recommending a band that only released one obscure instrumental rehearsal in 1992 to someone, haha...
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obscureinfinity wrote:

Also you should do that, and then get into the Spanish, Norwegian, German, Eastern-European and Latino-American scenes Wink
obscureinfinity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start me off with Italian hardcore recommendations. I LOVE Cheetah Chrome Motherfuckers so I'm sure there's much more from the scene to appreciate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17

Jump to: