P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Record Collecting Addictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Descension

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're OCD. Snap out of it man.

Life is not about how much PVC you own or is in your shelf. Just for a second, think about all the experiences you could have had if you just would have just saved at least SOME of the money (and time!) spent. You could have gone rock-climbing or jog for at least one to two miles everyday or hike up a mountain or mack on bitches(/party/socialize) or expand your consciousness via LSD on a beach/festival/forest or start training at a gym or read books or go camping for a few days or try new food or etc.

Or at the very least save some money and buy a HiFi preamplifier, amplifier, EQ, speakers, and headphones.

Watch that documentary.
Aeonblade

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely have a bad habit of buying too many CDs at once and not giving many of them the proper time. I'm not autistic gotta have first press in 45 different colours though.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much every form of collecting is to some degree a symptom of OCD disfunctions, normal people don't panic at the thought of missing on a 200 ltd edition of their fave artist and don't spend 9 years of their lives looking up for Flames of Hell lps. Some situations are obviously worse than others and the OP seems to be expression of a drastic, final stadium of the disease that requires immediate medical attention.
Humus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Descension wrote:
Life is not about how much PVC you own or is in your shelf. Just for a second, think about all the experiences you could have had if you just would have just saved at least SOME of the money (and time!) spent. You could have gone rock-climbing or jog for at least one to two miles everyday or hike up a mountain or mack on bitches(/party/socialize) or expand your consciousness via LSD on a beach/festival/forest or start training at a gym or read books or go camping for a few days or try new food or etc.

Somewhere out there...on a forum for people who go to the woods and take LSD...someone has just made the suggestion that it might have been wiser to invest that money in a tangible recordcollection instead of hazy drug experiences.
Chicken_Dance

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life is all about balance.

There is no reason why you can't collect records, go to the gym, slay bitches, be social, etc. If any one hobby/whatever starts impeaching too heavily on the others, you need to re-adjust your life and restore some balance.

Going without food because you bought records is very unbalanced and unhealthy.
scentofdeath

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm proud to say I've recently given up buying/collecting and 3/4 of my collection is already out the door. I was one of those people that would rather starve than miss out on vinyl, which is really stupid.
If I ever buy another record it will be because I want to enjoy listening to it, not because I have to have it, or I have to complete some discography, or because it's quite rare and kult.
navght

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Pretty much every form of collecting is to some degree a symptom of OCD disfunctions, normal people don't panic at the thought of missing on a 200 ltd edition of their fave artist and don't spend 9 years of their lives looking up for Flames of Hell lps. Some situations are obviously worse than others and the OP seems to be expression of a drastic, final stadium of the disease that requires immediate medical attention.

Some cases are outrageous and hilarious. Others are quiet normal, and everything in between. Not every user here is minge-eater.

Buying good albums on wax is not the same thing as loading in 20-30 records every week, some maybe three to five various color/press of the same record. You know you are starting to get obsessed when you don't have time to listen to your records because of the constant flow of new records to your collection.

Is anyone here seriously worried about perhaps having OCD? Every single person who listens to Black Metal is insane in one or another way. Laughing Laughing
Saltrubbed Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to judge others but to me personally there's nothing worse than buying every release, pressing & color a band has released, it's like your deliberalty trying to make yourself sick of that band! Let's buy and find out everything and purge all the mystery that music once had. It's kinda like watching the same movie 100 times in a row until you throw up

Having a nice collection for regular listening is good enough.
Ecstatic_Horror

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beerfiend wrote:
Documentary what satanic ritual was talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNRvB8lyRSM

That guy narrating the documentary has one of the worst voices I have ever heard.
ADB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was but a young whipper snapper I used to collect entire discographies of bands, mostly because I didn't know many bands I liked so I just bought everything that they had. These days I know too many bands and am a lot more picky about what I buy.

I also pretty much only buy vinyl these days too, not for any snobbish reasons but I just prefer vinyl so on the rare occasion I have the ability to buy a record I might as well get what I want.

And if someone wants to buy a fuckload of records I really don't see what the big fucking deal is, people can do what the fuck they want
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have this on the wall next to my record shelf. Reminds me of where you can end up if it gets out of control.
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually realized how many more records I should have gotten rid of AFTER I already shipped them to my new location. I'll probably be parting with a few more sometime soon while its still fresh in my mind. A record collection is a real beat down if you plan on moving anywhere further than down the street.
Descension

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
Descension wrote:

Somewhere out there...on a forum for people who go to the woods and take LSD...someone has just made the suggestion that it might have been wiser to invest that money in a tangible recordcollection instead of hazy drug experiences.

Doubtful.

And also OP, how about improving your math skills? Really, just about anything else as well.
Eigenbrötler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an easy answer to this. Get a life. Away from the computer.
Ac!dM!nd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading such topics I'm always think that i'm doing something wrong in my life buying all this stuff. Especially when I realize that most of the time i listening to new stuff to make decision "buy"/"not to buy". Probably need a doctor, he he
But i make first step to recovery - i'm not buying full discographies (already). God bless "Lulu" Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: