P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Southern Lord
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellbastard wrote:
they suck so much, and they are so very mainstream. ok, there's some descent mainstream stuff out there but not them. I liked some early releases but all this sunn o))) and related hoax pissed me off! ok I like sunn but I don't get all the big hype with 'em, even my dog can play sunn stuff. all these 'cool' so-called artists (hahaha puke like boris) are full of shit. Like a heavier MTV type of bands. SL is actually a fuckin supermarket of trash and they don't even know how to ship vinyls. the thing that sucks the most is that mega-labels like S.L. or the other assholes Hydra Head and all the rest, are actually killing music with their business-like/profit only approach to music! Look how these fuckers approach black metal! even black metal!!! Shame on Xasthur to release on Hydra Head! I'm 36 years old, I seen who these fuckers work, so very much for the money only, so fucked up. money talks and the bullshit walks. I found & bought the Wolves LP's elsewhere. Boycott...

dude i don't even care about this shit, but i have a good friend who works at one of these companies, and it's laughable you think they're making any kind of real money. FYI Xasthur was the one who contacted hydra head.

i mean when the chips are down, all any of these bands are about is money. NWN frequently discusses dropping thousands of dollars to liscense any given reissue/release on his label. people want to be compensated for their work. it's not a big deal. it's kind of funny, one second you're disgusted by the business like practices of "these labels", and the next second you're lamenting how they're "killing the music business". so which is it? are you for or against the music business dude? or are you just some freak who thinks they still play music on MTV for bands on hydra lord to even sound like?

for a 36 year old it's kind of shocking your inability to form a coherent sentence, but then again you're also taking men in corpse paint seriously i can see...

also just so there's no confusion - i own 1 release on each of these labels. the repulsion vinyl reish on SL (looks like someone forgot to listen to the test press before approving), and cavity "on the lam" on hh.
Shiru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cc wrote:

dude i don't even care about this shit, but i have a good friend who works at one of these companies, and it's laughable you think they're making any kind of real money. FYI Xasthur was the one who contacted hydra head.

well, i hardly can believe that some one who selling 500 copies of releases have same profits that those who are making 5000... then more you make then cheaper it is..and i dont believe that "assholish bands taking all labels money". + we cannot deny that SL releasing somekind of senseless crap for collectors Laughing

cc wrote:

i mean when the chips are down, all any of these bands are about is money. NWN frequently discusses dropping thousands of dollars to liscense any given reissue/release on his label. people want to be compensated for their work.

Well, as i know there is cases when bands asking unreasonable amounts of money for small printrun... so there is no points for such rereleases... though have to admit i havent seen NWN deals and i am not lamp near PC desk then can see all details about everything.. i even dont need it.

cc wrote:
also just so there's no confusion - i own 1 release on each of these labels. the repulsion vinyl reish on SL (looks like someone forgot to listen to the test press before approving), and cavity "on the lam" on hh.

Well thats already retard... sounds like them dont care about music... why Mortuary Drape LP made by Iron Tyrant is perfect, while LP from much bigger label made with such mistake... it means that them dont care about what them are doing... about what them care then if it is not money?
CraiGORE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might order from them.. Or through Relapse for one of their records. Someone suggested to me the Wolves in the throne room LP.
Tobias

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to beat a dead horse...
but this is going way too far!
He's probably doing it just to piss people off at this point.
Blasphgore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CraiGORE wrote:
Voidhanger wrote:
I ordered from them once when they just started gaining popularity and I hadn't heard anything about people ordering from them... as dumb as it sounds, even though it went well it felt sketchy when I was ordering. I was expecting something to go wrong, and was honestly surprised when I got my correctly and on time. After doing this for so long, you just get this feeling when something's not quite right when ordering, even if everything is going smoothly.

Now I know I'm not ordering from them again; I've heard too many horror stories from people who have been screwed over.

I've felt this way with Kreation also.. I digress.. Never ordered from Southern Lord, probably never will. I wish I had gotten the Craft LP before the label fanboys snagged them all.

so you have had problems with KREATION? i just placed an order with them and it shipped out last friday, so it hasnt been long enough for me to worry, but it was a lot of money to a label/distro i had never ordered from before.

can anyone share their transaction experiences with KREATION RECORDS? (wish me luck!)
brown growth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias wrote:

What is it? Bigger picture maybe?
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brown growth wrote:
Tobias wrote:

What is it? Bigger picture maybe?

More BORIS ripping off the VON logo and artwork. Must be either a T-shirt or alternate layout for the "Smile" record.
3. Memes
4. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Nosliw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blasphgore wrote:
CraiGORE wrote:
Voidhanger wrote:
I ordered from them once when they just started gaining popularity and I hadn't heard anything about people ordering from them... as dumb as it sounds, even though it went well it felt sketchy when I was ordering. I was expecting something to go wrong, and was honestly surprised when I got my correctly and on time. After doing this for so long, you just get this feeling when something's not quite right when ordering, even if everything is going smoothly.

Now I know I'm not ordering from them again; I've heard too many horror stories from people who have been screwed over.

I've felt this way with Kreation also.. I digress.. Never ordered from Southern Lord, probably never will. I wish I had gotten the Craft LP before the label fanboys snagged them all.

so you have had problems with KREATION? i just placed an order with them and it shipped out last friday, so it hasnt been long enough for me to worry, but it was a lot of money to a label/distro i had never ordered from before.

can anyone share their transaction experiences with KREATION RECORDS? (wish me luck!)

I've heard reports of them using very flimsy LP mailers for sending out records.

T/S List: http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4783
Mz412

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't get the clue why crying about southern lord, cause they
have very good prices and stuff + nice looking packages.

Kreation is Zion's gate if i remember right....
Sadovahr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a good friend of mine placed recently a massive 8 LP's order from Kreation:? He let them know his concerns for solid packaging so they've agreed to "re-inforce" the package for an extra $10. I'll just wait to see how the package will arrive and then post my thoughts. However I think that I heard or read somewhere that they don't pack that well!

Yes Zion Records is Kreation Records.

As for S.L. well, I fuckin hate this label, not for the profit they may make but for the shit they are releasing. Only for the garbage along with Hydrahead, Conspiracy etc. OK S.L. is a little better than the other two but still sucks to the bone. BTW they are (or were) KINGS of bad overseas packaging!
nexxxion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias wrote:

That's hilarious bullshit.
It's more than obvious that these Drone/Doom fucks just look for a few stylish tidbits to add to their fashion technique.

I don't know Boris but I couldn't care less. Drone is so cheap.

pretentious drone hipster #1: "Did you hear that loud humming buzz during the last 60 minutes?"
pretentious drone hipster #2: "Yeah, genious!"

Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the band has anything to do with this appropriation.
I think it's all stephen o'malley.
the japanese versions of their albums are always totally different covers.

boris is actually pretty good.
It is just psychedelic garage rock these days.
no drone.
Mz412

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boris with merzbow is great after all...sunn o))) is also good,
see no problem with that. and why shouldn't they not take
von images?

its nothing new about those like exit 13 or such takes the same...
Antimosh003

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I have bought from them in the past before on the odd purchase, but never again. The reason being I had my own record shop for some considerable time of last year, they were one of the first label's I contacted on wholesale etc because there was a public demand for their stuff. Anyway, I spent well over $100, never recieved any of it, when confronted in an E-mail after some time they sent me a sarcastic reply just stating "It was sent" 6 months later they had the cheek to send me my invoice. Paypal never helped me properly either.

No support.
Blasphgore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few years back i ordered some distro stuff and one of my items wasnt in stock, so i sent back-ups, and somehow all of that took about 2 months to process. i ordered a cd as a gift for a friend last year and it went well. but yeah, if for whatever reason you want their stuff, order it from somewhere else. shit, just about any independent record store stocks their entire catalog anyways.

i could rant on about how i feel about O'Malley for days, but i'll save that for another time...

oh, and Greg Anderson has a "True Till Death XX" straight edge tattoo on his arm that he tries to play off as "oh, it just means stay true to what you're doing" he might as well have "enjoy life" tattooed on his arm.

couple of fools tryin to be cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: