P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Southern Lord
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avrlabel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
Never have ordered from them, and I never will.
FuneralCircle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered once, and my order took 2 months. Utter bullshit.
Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never ordered directly from them and probably never will, but the TANGORODRIM's 3rd album vinyl version I bought from a local (IsraHelli) records store that deals with this label is luckily in a fine condition
IronBloodBlasphemy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordered a few times, trouble free to be honest
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
same thing happened to me. they said i was too late...basically i'm stuck with a mispressed LP. total gayness
EDIT: i know it is costly to do so, but why didn't they just make a few hundred extra repressed LP's for people like me? in the past i bought all the early releases but they didn't give a shit. no one really does. they treated me like a 'scene' kid basically. i wanted to tell them off but i didn't. most of their shit sux cox

Well I didn't expect them to replace the entire release. It was obviously the factory that fucked up so why didn't they have enough fixed LPs to send out to their customers? I would've paid for postage even!

And how did they not notice that the shit was fucked up before they got rid of their entire inventory?

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably they didn't give a flying fuck about it YK

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any label that reissues Saint Vitus albums is ok in my book.

Couldn't care less about all the shit-talking.
monsterSquad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Quote:
same thing happened to me. they said i was too late...basically i'm stuck with a mispressed LP. total gayness
EDIT: i know it is costly to do so, but why didn't they just make a few hundred extra repressed LP's for people like me? in the past i bought all the early releases but they didn't give a shit. no one really does. they treated me like a 'scene' kid basically. i wanted to tell them off but i didn't. most of their shit sux cox

Well I didn't expect them to replace the entire release. It was obviously the factory that fucked up so why didn't they have enough fixed LPs to send out to their customers? I would've paid for postage even!

And how did they not notice that the shit was fucked up before they got rid of their entire inventory?

o i was actually thinking along the lines of them pressing 500 replacement disks. just the one record that everyone needed. but they told me they ran out of them, so i was screwed. i have it for trade if anyone might be slightly interested.
noah thirteen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had no bad experiences with ordering from them, which I have done occasionally - I do like some of their bands, but I see no need to order from them very often since their reputation is pretty horrible and it's just a matter of time before something shitty happens to me.

I won't play this limited bullshit game they have going, it's just ridiculous how much $$ the die hard fans are willing, and almost expect to pay for the limited collector bullshit. To me it almost seems like the SL guys are laughing at the people who pay such high amounts for their stuff, like it's a slam dunk to rip them off. and then they reissue everything through Daymare with a bonus disc, and people buy them again. Fuck it, I won't play that game.

And that new Boris record suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalInquisitor wrote:
Any label that reissues Saint Vitus albums is ok in my book.

Couldn't care less about all the shit-talking.

That will change when and if you ever get shafted intentional or not... and then ignored when inquiring about a fix for the fuck up. Razz
Tobias

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southern lord is not a metal label at all these days.

They sell some, they release some, but the majority is not metal.

It shouldn't really be a concern these days.
Humus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered a few times but not anymore. Never had any complaints about the packaging, delivery could have been faster but wasn't dramatically long. However, they declare the real value on the customs form so I had to pay import taxes for every package.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last release I would have ordered from them was the new Wolves in the Throne Room vinyl, and luckily I got it from The End instead.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they suck so much, and they are so very mainstream. ok, there's some descent mainstream stuff out there but not them. I liked some early releases but all this sunn o))) and related hoax pissed me off! ok I like sunn but I don't get all the big hype with 'em, even my dog can play sunn stuff. all these 'cool' so-called artists (hahaha puke like boris) are full of shit. Like a heavier MTV type of bands. SL is actually a fuckin supermarket of trash and they don't even know how to ship vinyls. the thing that sucks the most is that mega-labels like S.L. or the other assholes Hydra Head and all the rest, are actually killing music with their business-like/profit only approach to music! Look how these fuckers approach black metal! even black metal!!! Shame on Xasthur to release on Hydra Head! I'm 36 years old, I seen who these fuckers work, so very much for the money only, so fucked up. money talks and the bullshit walks. I found & bought the Wolves LP's elsewhere. Boycott...
Shiru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I discoevered existence of this label pretty late, so it was already releasing only crap that i am not interested to buy Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: