P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Southern Lord
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VERWESUNG

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Southern Lord Reply with quote

Although I don't assume that there are a lot of Drone-Fanatics here (Boris-Von-Bootleg), SLR has some cool stuff I cannot get elsewhere.

In the past, however, I had some seriously problems with an order I didn't get in the end. I waited about 6 weeks without any answer to me numerous e-Mails. Luckily, CCNow was gentler and transfered my money back after a while. Kind of frustrating nevertheless.

Has anyone (maybe also in Europe) some more experiences with the guys behind the label? Are they in fact reliable and just incredibely slow and too lazy/busy to answer e-Mails? Or have they even changed their attitude?

Thanks in advance.
somos morbosos con alma infernal!!
Mutilashawn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience with them has been one way or another ... either it's there in a week and a bit or it take 3 goddamn months. I have a buddy who waited 6 MONTHS for a shipment! I will NEVER order from them again after that - plus I could care less about their roster of bands.
Nosliw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only ordered one time from them way back in summer of 2006 but I haven't ordered anything else from SL since then. I found their international shipping prices to be an utter rip-off. You'd better off getting their stuff from your local store or elsewhere.
Vega360

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to get vinyl from them, however they don't know how to pack.

I once had to wait about a month for an order to arrive.

They sent me two shirts once by mistake, I tried to e-mail them about it, never got a response. Oh well there loss
www.vinlandspecialservices.bandcamp.com
www.vinlandss.wordpress.com
www.ilsakoch.wordpress.com
Mutilashawn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vega360 wrote:
I used to get vinyl from them, however they don't know how to pack.

almost forgot about that ... I got some record from them with a SEVERELY bent corner ... GAY
Chit019

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never order from this label, my last transaction from them was waay back in 2005, I ordered some shit and it took them more than two weeks to ship it, and we live in the same city! Laughing
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that Repulsion DLP bullshit where the first mispress came with two side A/B LPs? I wrote to that cock sucker to get the correct C/D LP and they said they were sold out of them.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

monsterSquad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Remember that Repulsion DLP bullshit where the first mispress came with two side A/B LPs? I wrote to that cock sucker to get the correct C/D LP and they said they were sold out of them.

same thing happened to me. they said i was too late...basically i'm stuck with a mispressed LP. total gayness
EDIT: i know it is costly to do so, but why didn't they just make a few hundred extra repressed LP's for people like me? in the past i bought all the early releases but they didn't give a shit. no one really does. they treated me like a 'scene' kid basically. i wanted to tell them off but i didn't. most of their shit sux cox
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I ordered from them I got the wrong CD in the mail, then when I asked for a refund (couldn't find anything on their site I wanted to exchange it for, haha) they said "oh, it has been too long...we can't give you your money back." So I said fine, send me blah blah blah...about a month later nothing had arrived, I emailed, "oh we forgot you...."
I eventually got a worthless record that I can't get rid of. (Boris).
Not exactly the stuff that makes me a repeat customer. Other than the new Wolves in the Throne Room vinyl I can't think of a single thing I want from them anyway...
Ichor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other words a label to ignore
Caina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most times I've ordered from them shit has gone wrong - first I ordered a shirt and they sent me a CD (which took a month to get there), so I had to send it back (internationally) at my own expense, then wait ANOTHER month to get the shirt. Have had corner bends/seamsplits routinely. There webstore guy is an unhelpful, sarcastic piece of shit, too. Basically don't order unless you can't get it ANYWHERE else.

www.myspace.com/cainaband
http://www.last.fm/user/WilburWhateley

Good traders/sellers: Yosuke, Grief, s.charlach x2, Blekt , headnhalf x2, destrucSEAN, Sadovahr x3, GROUND ZERO Entertainment, Ykh
Voidhanger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered from them once when they just started gaining popularity and I hadn't heard anything about people ordering from them... as dumb as it sounds, even though it went well it felt sketchy when I was ordering. I was expecting something to go wrong, and was honestly surprised when I got my correctly and on time. After doing this for so long, you just get this feeling when something's not quite right when ordering, even if everything is going smoothly.

Now I know I'm not ordering from them again; I've heard too many horror stories from people who have been screwed over.
Chit019

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drone is not music,

wait, wrong thread.
CraiGORE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voidhanger wrote:
I ordered from them once when they just started gaining popularity and I hadn't heard anything about people ordering from them... as dumb as it sounds, even though it went well it felt sketchy when I was ordering. I was expecting something to go wrong, and was honestly surprised when I got my correctly and on time. After doing this for so long, you just get this feeling when something's not quite right when ordering, even if everything is going smoothly.

Now I know I'm not ordering from them again; I've heard too many horror stories from people who have been screwed over.

I've felt this way with Kreation also.. I digress.. Never ordered from Southern Lord, probably never will. I wish I had gotten the Craft LP before the label fanboys snagged them all.
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never have ordered from them, and I never will.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: