P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Mike Howe returns to METAL CHURCH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject: Mike Howe returns to METAL CHURCH Reply with quote

Great news, looking forward to hearing the new material with him. His albums were vastly underrated, I think. The last album the band did was super dull, so hopefully he'll light a fire under their ass.

From their Facebook:

[4/30/2015 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE] LEGENDARY METAL CHURCH SINGER MIKE HOWE RETURNS TO THE BAND!

Legendary front-man Mike Howe returns to Metal Church! In the summer of 2014 the band suddenly found themselves in need of a new singer. As fate would have it, Kurdt was already in talks with Mike for another project that he was working on with Saxon drummer Nigel Glockler, so he decided to ask Mike to rejoin Metal Church. Mike agreed, but true to form, didn’t want to make it official until he knew for sure that the integrity of the new material was there. In Mike’s own words, " I didn't want to come back to Metal Church just for nostalgia, it had to be for the right reasons, it had to be the best stuff we’ve ever written together or it just wouldn't be worth it to anyone, especially the fans.” Soon after, Kurdt and Mike began exchanging ideas and writing new material with the band. The end result sounds like “Classic Mike Howe era Metal Church, it’s both heavy and melodic” says guitarist Kurdt Vanderhoof and further states “Mike sounds the same as he did 20 years ago, this is going to be truly epic!!” Drummer Jeff Plate comments, “Mike Howe is the ONLY singer for Metal Church. He has a reputation of complete honor and respect. We can now take Metal Church to the next level!”

Mike Howe originally joined Metal Church in the late 80’s and released 3 albums with the band: “The Human Factor”, “Blessing In Disguise” and “Hanging in the Balance”. Mike was also the face of popular music videos “Date With Poverty” and “Badlands” that aired during MTV’s heyday like”.

The band is currently in the process of working on their new album, which will be released later this year via Rat Pak Records. Metal Church is: Mike Howe (Vocals), Kurdt Vanderhoof (Guitars) Jeff Plate (Drums), Steve Unger (Bass) and Rick VanZandt (Guitars).
Forces of Steel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just stick to their first three albums. Metal Church doesn't do a whole lot for me.
...METAL
Too Dark Park

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the first two albums, I also have the Building The Church 2LP boot that came out in recent times. Not interested in their other output.
Mortado

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Blessing in Disguise but the rest of the Howe stuff never did much for me.
Spawn67

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally like Blessing in Disguise and listened to it since it first came out. Even when it came out elitist's gave me shit for liking it but I didn't care. Glad there's some others that like it as well. After that album I did lose interest in them.
hellmask

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No David Wayne + no Kirk Arrington = no Metal Church for me. I love the first two albums and still listen to them frequently. Lost all interest in new material after Wayne left. Blessing... is OK, but not something I need to hear again.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who like Blessing in Disguise should check out The Human Factor if you haven't already. Great album as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: