P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Problem with musical-hall.com are they reliable?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vapula

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Problem with musical-hall.com are they reliable? Reply with quote

Has anyone ordered from them before?

I sent them a bank transfer about two weeks ago they emailed me the other day saying it arrived but they claim they only received half the money I actually sent them, I sent the full amount they requested for my order + the 15euro to cover the fee my bank charges for a transfer outside the EU.

After I got the email I rang my bank they said the full amount was sent and the problem is on their end so I emailed them telling them this I said they should contact the bank to see what's wrong the reply I got was 'We do not know what happened to your money. Our bank does not charge a fee'
astralvesl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with musical-hall.com are they reliable? Reply with quote

Vapula wrote:
Has anyone ordered from them before?

I sent them a bank transfer about two weeks ago they emailed me the other day saying it arrived but they claim they only received half the money I actually sent them, I sent the full amount they requested for my order + the 15euro to cover the fee my bank charges for a transfer outside the EU.

After I got the email I rang my bank they said the full amount was sent and the problem is on their end so I emailed them telling them this I said they should contact the bank to see what's wrong the reply I got was 'We do not know what happened to your money. Our bank does not charge a fee'

Never ordered from them but I had a similar problem with a discogs seller. I did a bank transfer and he claimed it was $30 short, my bank confirmed the amount he said his bank never charged fees, etc... Ended up being that my bank was able to get a printout of the transfer showing two banks, the one i sent to and one he transfered to, on his end charging a fee. I had to pay $25 to get the printout but later called and got refunded. I don't do bank transfers anymore.
Ac!dM!nd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i know - they are located in Ukraine, so probably their bank just take some comissions / fees. And it doesnt matter that You paid for transaction to Your bank another comission.
I bought from them 4 or 5 years ago several times, had no problems.
Vapula

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ac!dM!nd wrote:
so probably their bank just take some comissions / fees.

That's what I already said to them and they said their bank never takes any fees. They don't seem to bothered either to ring the bank and find out.

astralvesl wrote:

Never ordered from them but I had a similar problem with a discogs seller. I did a bank transfer and he claimed it was $30 short, my bank confirmed the amount he said his bank never charged fees, etc... Ended up being that my bank was able to get a printout of the transfer showing two banks, the one i sent to and one he transfered to, on his end charging a fee. I had to pay $25 to get the printout but later called and got refunded. I don't do bank transfers anymore.

Bank transfer within the EU is usually fine. This place only accepts bank transfer I wouldn't have ordered from them only for most of the merch they have you can't get anywhere else. I can't even get a refund from my bank.
Nebel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered from them once, no problems. I paid by bank transfer.
Vega360

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever runs that label is deep into old Ukrainian scene. I think he wrote NM lyrics or something as his name appeared on the new LP I think. I ordered stuff from them once and had to mail cash. They sent the stuff before my money showed up.
www.vinlandspecialservices.bandcamp.com
www.vinlandss.wordpress.com
www.ilsakoch.wordpress.com
deadshop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, I had the same problem recently (but NOT with musical hall), one customer make an order, full sum was 26,15 USD, he make bank transfer (then sent screen page to me), but ater 5 days I received just 10 USD to my account Shocked

http://deadcenter666.com/forum/index.php
DTBRex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you do SEPA-bank transfers in Europe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_Euro_Payments_Area) you'll always have someone take a slice off the money on either side, I guess. That's my experience, at least.

Since PayPal doesn't permit residents in Ukraine or Russia to withdraw money (afaik), the only feasible way to send money over there is either sending cash in registered letter (at the risk of having it stolen no matter what) or sending money with Western Union or smth similar (and paying a fee on top of it).

That being said, I have dealt with Musical Hall many times and as far as I am concerned, there are no complaints whatsoever.
Gravelander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to choose bank transfer as often as possible, just don't want to support PayPal etc.
When I'm doing transfers in non-EU-countries I can choose if I want to take all the bank fees, or only the fees that are taken from my bank or if the other bank should take all the fees. Clearly I'm taking always the first choice and have never had problems with that before.
But I could imagine that not every bank offers this different services, I'd also recommend online banking for that - but I'm also quite experienced with transfers in the whole world.

Beside that I've ordered twice from Musical Hall, never had any troubles with him, only once there was a delay of one or two months because he had forgotten about me, but was not really a problem, because everything worked fine in the end - and I'm young and can wait.
The first time I've tranferred with bank transfer and had to pay a fee of approximately 26€ I suppose... but it was also a very big order. The second time I only wanted one CD, so I choose Western Union, because it was cheaper with this method (also had some kind of coupon of WU, so it was really fine.
Nevertheless my bank charges pretty high fees for foreign (non-SEPA) transfers and mostly PayPal is still a bit cheaper.
But as posted earlier some countries don't have PayPal or the sellers don't have (understandable when I'm hearing the problems which PayPal may cause to the seller). Lately I had to transfer lots of money to South Korea and I had to swallow the bitter pill and transfer via bank and take the bigger fees for a saver order.
UlvhedinGrom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paypal doesn't even allowto accept money in Ukraine, forget about withdrawing.
Musical Hall is of course fine, just stupid bank stealing the money.
I'm surprised people in our times still make risky bank-transfers to third-world countries like Ukraine.
Vapula

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replys was waiting until heard something before posting about it again. My stuff arrived today still don't know were the missing money went but I believe it was some bank in between that took it.

Fair play to musical-hall they didn't get the full amount of money and still sent my order not many distros would do it.

So anyway my question is answered and they are 100% reliable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: