P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

LP plastic sleeves
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should LP's come in a proper Plastuc Slip Case Sleeve?
Yes
92%
 92%  [ 48 ]
No
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Dont't Care, my LP's are just thrown into a pile
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 52

Demoniarch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: LP plastic sleeves Reply with quote

This is basically a gripe thread, although I will omit the source of the purchase... but maybe less gripe as maybe inquiry as well or a vote even?

On to the issue :

How hard would it be to place the album ordered into a proper LP plastic slip case, when especially the retail outlet was considerate enough to open the shrink wrap, and take the vinyl out of the LP sleeve... but take all that time to put the whole lot back into the shrink wrap, like how much time did that take?
Would it not be easier to add 25 cents to an order or whatever a single plastic slip case costs and slide the LP into that instead of the original shrink wrap again? Laughing

When an album comes in the decent plastic slip cases, that is less hassle and headache, especially when it is a pain in the ass to locally find them and buy.

I'm curious, are these a huge overhead to a distro to utilize on every LP sold?
ryan_the_snake

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to get them in an order but I don't lose any sleep if they aren't included. I'm sure it can get expensive and more to the point tedious for distro owners to bag every LP they sell.
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally add a polybag to LPs that come without unless I am out. I keep them on hand but often times I'll get whole trade/wholesale orders without them and run out rather quickly. Like you said, it does amount to about .25 cents extra.

I guess the better question would be, how hard is it to spend the little bit of extra money and have your releases come with polybags?
ryan_the_snake

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkdescentrecords wrote:

I guess the better question would be, how hard is it to spend the little bit of extra money and have your releases come with polybags?

I agree! If your record isn't shrink wrapped, do the consumer a favor and put a poly bag on it. Plus it will save hassle from anal collector types in the end.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryan_the_snake wrote:
It's nice to get them in an order but I don't lose any sleep if they aren't included. I'm sure it can get expensive and more to the point tedious for distro owners to bag every LP they sell.

I can't say I've lost sleep persay... but I have made my own with a roll of plastic and a kitchen zip-lock sealing unit when I've been out of factory made bags Laughing

Took awhile to get a system to make them sqaure, but hey... if I am not online here I have all sorts of time. Laughing

Of course I would have to charge about five bux per hand made abortion I've melted together, but that is besides the point.

...but yea, I would pay the extra quarter or whatever to have the LP come in the polybag, just less hassle for me really (at times) between finding a local place that sells the shit, or of course going to fucking ebay and supporting that site and finding a supplier which I would rather resort to melting my own together it seems than take the hassles.
ADB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't bother me as ages ago I bought about 150 plastic LP sleeves and 50 7" sleeves, so if it doesn't come with one it's not a big deal for me to just chuck one on.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

150 bags ages ago and you have not run out? Cool

I had 150 bags about a month ago it seems, now I have none Confused
scentofdeath

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes to poly bags.
With how expensive vinyl is getting, the least one could do is keep it in poly bags.

And yes, shrinkwrap sucks, because it always splits seams on jackets and sometimes it warps records too.

Something good I noticed: Peaceville vinyl, even though it's shrink wrapped, they put the record+inner sleeve sideways inside. It really works, I never got a split jacket or inner from Peaceville, ever Wink
Saevus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep everything in poly sleeves. I have a couple of friends who don't, and their LPs seem to get pretty torn up just from being on the shelf.
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the shops I regularly go to uses those shitty ones with the sticky shit on them - hate those fucking things after damaging a record once. So I always throw them out and swap them for a polypag. The other shop I go to sells the bags in lots of 20/50/100 for a pretty reasonable price, so I just make sure I always have some in a drawer.
jameswolfe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just popped in to say I cant fucking stand shrinkwrap. Props to the labels who do not use them.
ADB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
150 bags ages ago and you have not run out? Cool

I had 150 bags about a month ago it seems, now I have none Confused

I've been really lucky that pretty much every record I've bought has come with a sleeve Cool
Buried In Ohio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heirophant.326.AV wrote:
One of the shops I regularly go to uses those shitty ones with the sticky shit on them -

I also can't stand those resealable mylar ones. Always throw them away and replace them.

I think most labels/distros should bag them up for you but like others have stated dont mind too much honestly as I have my own stash for replacement.
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A must.
Kojiri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jameswolfe wrote:
Just popped in to say I cant fucking stand shrinkwrap. Props to the labels who do not use them.

+1

They're doing this more and more. Shrinkwrap is almost worse than no sleeves at all.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: