P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

new signature / avatar image policy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: new signature / avatar image policy Reply with quote

Effective immediately, all signature images except for the forum host's are not allowed. I tried to have a selective policy where those who represent metal bands/labels/etc. could have them, but I think that just led to other people adding them. They are annoying to view/scroll past constantly. Avatars are less intrusive because they don't interfere with the body of text in the threads.

Avatars will remain as an available option, but I am going to disallow avatars from being linked from other websites. That allows users to bypass the maximum avatar size limit, which fucks up page formatting and also becomes annoying to see. Anyone who currently links their avatar from another site will need to instead upload one to the forum. I will increase the maximum size of uploaded avatars from 100x100 to 150x150 pixels.

I will change this avatar setting and begin deleting image signatures later today. You are welcome to help out by deleting your own image signature. Text within reasonable limits and links to your label/band/distro/etc. can remain.
3. Memes
4. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps people could have image signatures is they 'apply' for one, so respected labels here can still have them?

Just a thought.

EDIT: Maybe image signatures could also have a size limit, akin to the new avatar policy. Might not be time-effective to enforce this, though.
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image signatures can only be linked from other websites, so there is no way to directly control their size.

Like I said, I tried to maintain a policy that allowed distros/labels/bands to keep a signature image that identified them as such, but it just leads to me having to explain a selective policy to people who think they are generally allowed. This way it should be clear that only NWN PROD has a signature image, which uniquely identifies him as the forum host. Everyone else has an avatar image and a text-based signature that they can personalize however they want (within reason).
3. Memes
4. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Descension

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

150xX is the maximum before the layout gets fucked up anyway, no worries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: