P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Statement From Dave Lombardo Regarding Slayer Aust. Tour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I can tell the difference, you're the idiot here on the other hand that is making an analogy between two DIFFERENT styles of metal. How much jizz did Dani load into your ears at one of your gay basement parties?
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see in which way they would be ontologically different, other than that the fans of ugbm obviously are into it for non-musical reasons mainly (which is basically my point here), as that Vatra Sumpor guy post clearly proves.

*insert yet another obsessive-compulsive disordered, pointless comment about CoF here*
Zone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So not only is your idiotic post based on an equally dumb abstraction, but your bringing up another individual's post instead of trying to be coherent yourself. Let me try to bring your tiny brain up to speed, you're comparing two different styles of the music. Even if the length of time released between Accept and insert X 3rd generation bm album, what does that have anything to do with subjectively derived quality? There isn't a poster here in my age group that detests the older classics, but how would you know anything about them not enjoying more recent albums for "non musical reasons". Have you perfected mind-reading techniques-in the one hour your off your laptop not polluting this forum with your rehashed bullshit?
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slayer über alles!
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone wrote:
There isn't a poster here in my age group that detests the older classics, but how would you know anything about them not enjoying more recent albums for "non musical reasons". Have you perfected mind-reading techniques-in the one hour your off your laptop not polluting this forum with your rehashed bullshit?

Not at all. But when one agrees with me on that in a certain subgenre music comes after the so-called "spirit" I take it as an admission that you're basically listening to crap of which you enjoy the message more than the actual music. Which is exactly my point.

Zone wrote:
you're comparing two different styles of the music.

Again, I don't see in which way they would be ontologically different. If the quality of modern bm was really as high as you say one should be able to tell each band from the other just like I can tell, say, Gamma Ray from Iced Earth or Sodom from Protector. It's a fair assumption of mine that one couldn't recognize a random Weakling song if it was played next to a bunch of Moonblood, Krieg and *insert fave ugbm band name* tunes on shuffle mode. But what do I know, people who found out about Asphyx through youtube six months ago are obviously a more reliable reference.
Durathma

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i liek this nk7 guy
Zone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you're comparing two different styles of the music.
Again, I don't see in which way they would be ontologically different. If the quality of modern bm was really as high as you say one should be able to tell each band from the other just like I can tell, say, Gamma Ray from Iced Earth or Sodom from Protector. It's a fair assumption of mine that one couldn't recognize a random Weakling song if it was played next to a bunch of Moonblood, Krieg and *insert fave ugbm band name* tunes on shuffle mode. But what do I know, people who found out about Asphyx through youtube six months ago are obviously a more reliable reference.

Absurd. You've already admitted that there are quality bands irrespective of the time gap, this has nothing to do with painting in broad strokes as you are doing assuming that every band has to match insert X band from the early nineties in terms of the "quality" of their work. You're operating on a case of confirmation bias there old man, if your gay boyfriend in Belgrade blindfolded you and played an older lesser known "ugbm" band from the early nineties chances are you wouldn't know who they were either. Its easy to see the differences from bands that have their signature sound, conversely in the underground there is significant difference on multiple levels whether it be production, riff style, scene, and the various factors regarding musicianship. If you can't tell the difference aside from listing idiotic examples that are wholly a non sequitur, I wouldn't expect you to be able to tell the difference between Moonblood and Krieg (Krieg flat rifs , and Moonblood being rawer and having a few epic moments at certain intervals).

You're also making the strawman argument that people here listen to exclusively underground metal, and as a result we're somehow confined to being as myopic in terms of deducing X band from X other band like you. As for your prior post, I made a thread about it and you could expand your thoughts there as to the abstraction you keep bringing up
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone wrote:
Yconversely in the underground there is significant difference on multiple levels whether it be production, riff style, scene, and the various factors regarding musicianship.

Wish I could really do that shuffle mode experiment with you.

Zone wrote:
You're also making the strawman argument that people here listen to exclusively underground metal

Where did I ever say that? Luckily for one clueless kid like you there's an ADK raising up the level of proper metal discussion. Despite your efforts this isn't metal archives yet.
Zone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wish I could really do that experiment with you.

Further proving your homosexuality

Quote:
Where did I ever say that? Luckily for one clueless kid like you there's an ADK raising up the level of proper metal discussion. Despite your efforts this isn't metal archives yet.

If you're the ultimate example of metal conversation on this board, apart from the odd topic you make every other week that proves your only marginally above useless- this forum is fucked.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone wrote:
Quote:
Wish I could really do that experiment with you.

Further proving your homosexuality

Further proving your obvious lack of arguments through quotation altering and sterile name-calling.
Zone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

ADK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otherwise: What is way more annoying than kids without a clue is kids that CLAIM to have a clue.

You know, the ones who always talk like witnesses of the past: "Yes, in the beginning CF was great, later they became shit" or like "Did you know that The Oath of Black Blood is not really their debut?", like they have been around then.

Not that this is not true, but why do they think they need to tell me that? NO REALLY??? Thanks for the info!
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say, convenience store. We lived above it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
It's a fair assumption of mine that one couldn't recognize a random Weakling song if it was played next to a bunch of Moonblood, Krieg and *insert fave ugbm band name* tunes on shuffle mode.

Weakling sounds very, very different from any output from either of those bands. Perhaps your tin ear couldn't tell the difference, but you'd probably be the only one.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
southern_death

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krieg and Xasthur are different (an easy one, just by the production values). Weakling and Moonblood (clearly) too, by production and absolutely different songwriting.
Maybe if the guy would know a bit more (even using youtube samples) he could make better comparisons than these abortions... still, it's not a relevant point.

I don't get why it's allowed to derail every thread and put himself in the centre of them, bashing irrationally (and resentfully) all BM after 1995 year... I guess if in the undergound all the labels, all the metalheads, all the BM musicians after that mighty year are copying and decaying, i don't know what can be said now of the active old classic bands or the mainstream heavy metal or BM...
Worthless Joke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the problem comparing two different things like different music genres. It would be more silly to compare identical things.

Today I think all metal subgenres are overcrowded and watered out with bands that sound the same and have nothing memorable in their songs.

There were faceless bands in the days of classic metal too, but the difference was that to a large extend fans supported the good ones. That's why Deicide, Morbid Angel etc got so big. Today good bands generally don't become bigger than pointless ones at all.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: