P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Your fucking record isn't worth a million you thick cunt...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The post office is going to cause the record collecting crash. Razz
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:

Yeah on top of the prices that already seem to be getting high in general even for new releases, and labels can already anticipate demand and price accordingly. I'm sure there's 2000+ mutiilation reissues from drakkar's pressings and even then they can sell for $25 through hells headbangers, and in some cases things keep selling and getting repressed. Something has to happen now that LP versions are pressing 2000+ copies a year of the most wanted titles and literally everything is being reissued day in and out, sometimes even immediately after the first one sells out. Most of these releases won't last and in a few years we might see them easily available. Part of why i'm being more selective and only buying reissues that are very essential for me to have now, as the other ones that keep getting repressed will be widely available when people start dumping their vinyl or if people start to covet original pressings more.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will most likely be a few ebay double copy stockers getting stuck with an inventory, much like some obscure distro that has trouble moving all their stock... at some point.

Cause yea, there is sooo much being pressed, new and old re-releases consistently, then add the continuous rise of shipping costs, something is bound to give.

The only part of the equation that is hard to account for, is new collectors jumping into the game and helping put the demand on copies. Personally most young folk seem to be into the download more than owning a wall to wall room of hard merch, but maybe I just don't know many people.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:

Good. It can't come fast enough. Buying, selling and trading will all be so much better the second it happens. The assholes who make it a headache will inevitably not care enough to continue, prices will drop, and at least some amount of the nonsense will end. Good labels like this one, Dark Descent, Terratur etc. will keep going and life will be good. I am officially done overpaying (and let's be honest, overcharging too - it happens when I spent too much myself...) for records and stressing out about idiotic paypal claims.

I don't know how any of you label owners can stand this shit.
Mz412

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barghest wrote:

And if the LP comes with a printed inner sleeve, I always ask for the LP to be packaged in a regular paper sleeve, so the printed inner doesn't get any seam splits (and do likewise if I'm sending one to someone). Some people seem to think that only outer sleeves are susceptible to seam splits!

I normaly change the Inner Sleeves with White Paper Sleeves, but i use Randomly used or new ones. 3 Times i got Mails, why the fucking hell is the Innersleeve seamsplited or damaged ect. Got me some nerves to clear, why
1. there is an WHITE Innersleeve at all
2. the WHITE Innersleeve is from me for free
3. the Original innersleeve have NO Seamsplit since i should use the Original instead of the White, cause the change of the LPs made it "used" and not Mint/Near Mind/Unused anymore

Laughing
Cursed Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barghest wrote:
Vapula wrote:
Barghest wrote:

And if the LP comes with a printed inner sleeve, I always ask for the LP to be packaged in a regular paper sleeve, so the printed inner doesn't get any seam splits (and do likewise if I'm sending one to someone). Some people seem to think that only outer sleeves are susceptible to seam splits!

All labels / private sellers should do this it's so annoying for an LP to arrive in the post with the printed inner sleeve in bits.

It's why I always do printed inserts, rather than printed inner sleeves, on my label's vinyl releases.

And that's the way EVERY label should do it.
HotBlack

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HotBlack wrote:
I've got Effigy Of The Forgotten LP on my Discogs want list.. every week or so I get a notification of one for sale... every time it's like 90 haha...

"Your fucking record isn't worth that you thick cunt(s)..."

http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Suffocation-Effigy-Of-The-Forgotten/91523177?ev=wh

haha... wtf.
astralvesl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cursed Emperor wrote:
Barghest wrote:
Vapula wrote:
Barghest wrote:

All labels / private sellers should do this it's so annoying for an LP to arrive in the post with the printed inner sleeve in bits.

It's why I always do printed inserts, rather than printed inner sleeves, on my label's vinyl releases.

And that's the way EVERY label should do it.

I've been burned by this 5 times in the past 6 months or so. Amazes me that people think to take the LP out of the jacket but then put it in the inner sleeve as if there wasn't a chance said sleeve would get fucked up. One that I received from a discogs seller was actually so bad that 1/3-1/4 of the album sticks through the split...fucking ridiculous. I've always used paper sleeves when shipping under these situations, a local record store will give them out for free if you ask.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want every record I have to be my great grandsons someday, so when a distro sends me a wrecked printed sleeve I challenge them to a fight. It's the only way to fix this absolutely terrible tragedy.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HotBlack wrote:
HotBlack wrote:
I've got Effigy Of The Forgotten LP on my Discogs want list.. every week or so I get a notification of one for sale... every time it's like 90 haha...

http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Suffocation-Effigy-Of-The-Forgotten/91523177?ev=wh

haha... wtf.

Effigy has been one of my top wants for a good while now. The funny thing is that 90 - 100 bucks is a high price but I actually might offer someone just a little bit less than that for a nice copy. I would be stupid for sure, but fuck it, it's one of my favorite albums and I know no reissue will ever be as good.

Yet somehow the fact that a person advertises the LP at a price that high just makes me ignore it. Maybe this is just some adolescent bullshit. "Well Mom, I was going to mop the fucking floor but since you ASKED me to, fuck you..."
HotBlack

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
HotBlack wrote:
HotBlack wrote:

haha... wtf.

Effigy has been one of my top wants for a good while now. The funny thing is that 90 - 100 bucks is a high price but I actually might offer someone just a little bit less than that for a nice copy. ...

Yeah, its a top want of mine too... dont know why it is so scarce, it was widely available back in the day. Guess no one wants to let go of their copy hehe...

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=1452629
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HotBlack wrote:
HotBlack wrote:

haha... wtf.

Bought this one for 15 because the older metal heads in my area switched to CDs in the nineties. Very Happy

buyers market, price inflation, crashes...this is like an economics class & fun to read. this thread delivers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: