P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Your fucking record isn't worth a million you thick cunt...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kojiri wrote:
As long as they're not fakey with it like the "HELLO FRIEND. U LIKE MAKE TRADE FOR LP WITH ME? YES? THANK U FRIEND." South Americunts and Engrish speakers

Typical "southern" mentality (from an European point of view).

Dance one night Samba with them, and you're like their best friend since Kindergarten. The next day they don't know you anymore.
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cry more.
Kojiri

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah is a million dollars supposed to be a lot of money? I usually carry around a mill or two in my wallet daily, just in case I throw any spontaneous "eyes wide shut" parties that night. Hedonism ain't for plebes.

Keep the hate train rollin'
holy ghost

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had more problems with non paying buyers than unreasonable offers as of late. Postage from Canada is expensive you stupid cunt, I even said it in my shipping terms! And I charge exactly what it actually costs... you stupid cunt!!

I will cancel a sale after 4 days of non-payment/contact, and boy are people ever pissed that there's automatic negative feedback left for them.... the first time I felt bad and removed it, not anymore!!!!
Rósachd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HW wrote:
what is annoying is when seller's overprice demo tapes and the like, justifying it by saying you can trade with them... of course, the catch is, that these guys own every cult record there is or at the very least every decent record you own in yr embarrassing collection.

Laughing Oh yes!
SoundsOfDecay

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too get pretty sick of this kind of stuff. Things like original Burzum LPs selling for hundreds and hundreds of euros, perpetually sitting there on discogs (though I imagine some rich cunt is buying them). Its a fucking piece of plastic! But no, the bastard collector attitude pervades everything. How typical that th superior versions should be some out of reach thing unless you're able to decide to drop 400 euros on a record on a whim.
DSS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will most likely not sell for a "reasonable" price any more for two reasons.

#1. I'm always fair and easy to negotiate with but it's never the other way around. 90% of the people that I want to buy from send me eBay and popsike links to show me how much their precious record sells for. Even when it comes to trades people do the same; "look my LP sells for more money than your LP sells for, you should throw in something extra".

#2. I've sold a few items for a lower price only to see the person flip it on eBay a couple weeks later for triple the price.

I think this has been discussed before and there's no point in getting your blood pressure up. It is what it is, eBay "destroyed" the fun in buying/selling and trading. Even most of the second hand music stores have overpriced records because of eBay.
.aske

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoundsOfDecay wrote:
How typical that th superior versions should be some out of reach thing unless you're able to decide to drop 400 euros on a record on a whim.

It's called supply and demand.

That's like wanting to buy a Mercedes for the price of a Ford. A Mercedes dealer won't do it. Their product commands a higher market price because the product is superior.
DSS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.aske wrote:
SoundsOfDecay wrote:
How typical that th superior versions should be some out of reach thing unless you're able to decide to drop 400 euros on a record on a whim.

It's called supply and demand.

That's like wanting to buy a Mercedes for the price of a Ford. A Mercedes dealer won't do it. Their product commands a higher market price because the product is superior.

Superior in quality. Your comparison is invalid at this point. It costs way more to build/assemble a Mercedes than it is Ford. Records cost roughly the same to manufacture. I don't see how a 'red' version of a given album that's limited to 100 copies is more superior than a 'black' version of the same record that is limited to 400 copies. Same music same quality product. The only difference is quantity and the price that someone is willing to pay. Not the price that it is actually worth.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:

I think this has been discussed before and there's no point in getting your blood pressure up. It is what it is, eBay "destroyed" the fun in buying/selling and trading. Even most of the second hand music stores have overpriced records because of eBay.
truth carved in flesh right here !
.aske

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:

Superior in quality. Your comparison is invalid at this point. It costs way more to build/assemble a Mercedes than it is Ford. .

Your argument is based on the fallacy that the costs of production determine the price. Without getting into an economic debate (this certainly isn't the proper venue), I will just say that prices determine costs. The market determines the price; that price signal determines the costs required for sufficient production.

Quote:

I don't see how a 'red' version of a given album that's limited to 100 copies is more superior than a 'black' version of the same record that is limited to 400 copies. Same music same quality product. The only difference is quantity and the price that someone is willing to pay. Not the price that it is actually worth.

In this case, the demand of red records is greater than the supply, so the price point increases.

Last edited by .aske on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
widzew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kojiri wrote:
I usually carry around a mill or two in my wallet daily

Thanks for the pick, sorry I meant to say tip.
Kojiri

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But seriously this thread has turned into "Waaaaah, why don't I make more money?"

Keep the hate train rollin'
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone wants the best possible deal when buying and the most possible money when selling. I think anyone denying those two basic ideas is probably either lying or somewhat unique among most human beings.
Piotr Sargnagel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
Everyone wants the best possible deal when buying and the most possible money when selling.

Precisely.

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n3LL338aGA

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: