P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Your fucking record isn't worth a million you thick cunt...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Your fucking record isn't worth a million you thick cunt... Reply with quote

Rant.

Sick to my back teeth of sellers on Discogs, forums etc with their overpriced muck who act like you just skullfucked their mother when you make a reasonable offer or you tell them you think the price they're asking is too much. Just tonight some dopey fuckwit actually sent me a pissy email because I turned down his offer to buy his copy of the TAL/AR split EP for 50 fucking Euros. Yes, it you're stuff, you decide what you want for it, but don't be getting all pissy with me because I don't want your overpriced shit. I'm not talking about people who ask a high price but is still within reason, I mean the fuckwits who have things like DMDS for 1000. You know the sort...

Even after showing this idiot how much his shit sells for, offering pretty much the top price, he still acted like I'd just pissed in his cornflakes and force fed him. And you just fucking know this retard is on some forum, somewhere trying to buy something and moaning about how much money people want for this stuff.

And eBay. Lately I've noticed more and more sellers stop auctioning their shit altogether and just setting retarded Buy It Now prices.

The only bit of satisfaction I get is watching these things sit there, for months and months on end. Hopefully eventually getting sold for less than someone offered them previously.

To sum up: Go Fuck Yourselves you cunts.
.aske

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to get upset. Nobody gains anything if the price is too high.

Many people who post high BIN prices are inviting people to make offers.

That said, I'll sell my DMDS for $1000 USD if you're looking for some real savings. Laughing
throneofmight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait patiently for the seller to bring down the price is the key...they all eventually do....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.aske wrote:

That said, I'll sell my DMDS for $1000 USD if you're looking for some real savings. Laughing

It's not upsetting, it's just fucking irritating. It's not even the dumbass prices, it's the reactions from these fuckwits even when the offer is more than reasonable. Its their stuff, they can burn it if they want, but whats the point is putting something up for sale for a price that it won't sell for and get offended when someone offers less than your 4 digit asking price? Laughing
ADB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing wrong with people asking for high prices, if they're not willing to sell for less that's their problem.

A bit of decent behaviour on both sides of a negotiation should be expected, for instance: not screaming like a bitch because someone wants to buy at a lesser price, nor screaming like a bitch because they're not selling it as cheap as you want it.
.aske

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weltering in Blood wrote:
.aske wrote:

It's not upsetting, it's just fucking irritating. It's not even the dumbass prices, it's the reactions from these fuckwits even when the offer is more than reasonable. Its their stuff, they can burn it if they want, but whats the point is putting something up for sale for a price that it won't sell for and get offended when someone offers less than your 4 digit asking price? Laughing

I understand that. It's hilarious when people get offended by a low offer. Just be happy you're getting an offer! The negotiation is the most fun of the whole process.

Last edited by .aske on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADB wrote:
There's nothing wrong with people asking for high prices, if they're not willing to sell for less that's their problem.

A bit of decent behaviour on both sides of a negotiation should be expected, for instance: not screaming like a bitch because someone wants to buy at a lesser price, nor screaming like a bitch because they're not selling it as cheap as you want it.

As I said, it's not the prices (as such) they're asking for, it's the reactions. A poster here sent me a Rolling Eyes reply via PM when I offered him 80 for his Dissecton Storm..DLP with a fucked cover. Don't want to sell at that price? Cool. Rolling eyes icon is slap in the face time.
captainretardo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A poster here sent me a Rolling Eyes reply via PM when I offered ...

Definitely a dick move, but also a funny one Smile

Take a step back and have a laugh. Spend that 80 euros on some other kickass record(s) instead.
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captainretardo wrote:

Take a step back and have a laugh. Spend that 80 euros on some other kickass record(s) instead.

Didn't think it was funny, just thought it was retarded. A simple "Sorry, not interested in selling for that price" would have sufficed. If I could remember the cockjockeys name I'd post it...ended up getting the record for 40 from ebay eventually, but still..fucks sake..

Last edited by Weltering in Blood on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand where OP is coming from. in reality, either you want to sell it or not. this whole yeah I might sell it if the offer is right is stupid. yes its one's right to accept or decline offers, just the same as it is to set prices absurd high. at the same time, unless you are actually semi serious about unloading an item, whats the point in listing it? at best all this does is make most other dipshit sellers take notice of your absurd pricing and adjust theirs accordingly thinking their copy must be worth about the same. at the end of the day, you have a bunch of turds hoarding releases they honestly do not care all that much about (otherwise, said "gems" would not be available for sale at all. no questions asked) the whole vinyl stock market is beyond old at this point. there are PLENTY of posters on this forum who ask shocking prices on common to even shit releases. I was just browsing some folks lists recently.

that said, all things listed on my page (while maybe not "awesome" to all posters) are priced absolutely reasonable to super cheap. why? because I am actually interested in selling items I have listed. one thing that does chap me is when I am the lowest priced seller on any given item (typical) and someone comes in trying to low ball me on something that is already ridiculously cheap and/or the cheapest listing on the site. I just started to ignore these types. I also quit doing international sales to avoid the whining about postage rate hassles
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Your fucking record isn't worth a million you thick cunt Reply with quote

Rant.

Sick to my back teeth of sellers on Discogs, forums etc with their overpriced muck who act like you just skullfucked their mother when you make a reasonable offer or you tell them you think the price they're asking is too much. Just tonight some dopey fuckwit actually sent me a pissy email because I turned down his offer to buy his copy of the TAL/AR split EP for 50 fucking Euros. Yes, it you're stuff, you decide what you want for it, but don't be getting all pissy with me because I don't want your overpriced shit. I'm not talking about people who ask a high price but is still within reason, I mean the fuckwits who have things like DMDS for 1000. You know the sort...

Even after showing this idiot how much his shit sells for, offering pretty much the top price, he still acted like I'd just pissed in his cornflakes and force fed him. And you just fucking know this retard is on some forum, somewhere trying to buy something and moaning about how much money people want for this stuff.

And eBay. Lately I've noticed more and more sellers stop auctioning their shit altogether and just setting retarded Buy It Now prices.

The only bit of satisfaction I get is watching these things sit there, for months and months on end. Hopefully eventually getting sold for less than someone offered them previously.

To sum up: Go Fuck Yourselves you cunts.

Not everyone deals that way. I put my shit on Ebay for fair prices. I sold a Copy of Thresholds (not a boot) at 15.99 buy it now, having said that, there is a 99% chance that the buyer turned around and sold it for an obscene amount. Whatever, I just plugged the money into that NWN sale that went on a while back and got 3 or 4 CD's. It's my way of spreadin tha love.
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say, convenience store. We lived above it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:
one thing that does chap me is when I am the lowest priced seller on any given item (typical) and someone comes in trying to low ball me on something that is already ridiculously cheap and/or the cheapest listing on the site. I just started to ignore these types.

Yup... when everyone else is selling it for $100, and popsike shows it routinely selling it in that range, I list my mint copy for $60 or best offer and I'm flooded with $10-20 offers... or messages asking "what's the absolute lowest price you'll accept for this, or "can you sell it for $30 ppd to Australia?" Laughing

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captainretardo wrote:

Didn't think it was funny, just thought it was retarded. A simple "Sorry, not interested in selling for that price" would have sufficed. If I could remember the cockjockeys name I'd post it...ended up getting the record for 40 from ebay eventually, but still..fucks sake..

Just checked, he (Typhon) is still here trying to flog that Dissection record in the trades section. Must be a year now Laughing

Last edited by Weltering in Blood on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyosefx wrote:
lordoftherim wrote:
one thing that does chap me is when I am the lowest priced seller on any given item (typical) and someone comes in trying to low ball me on something that is already ridiculously cheap and/or the cheapest listing on the site. I just started to ignore these types.

Yup... when everyone else is selling it for $100, and popsike shows it routinely selling it in that range, I list my mint copy for $60 or best offer and I'm flooded with $10-20 offers... or messages asking "what's the absolute lowest price you'll accept for this, or "can you sell it for $30 ppd to Australia?" Laughing

Well yeah, this is a two way street of course. I dunno, I can only speak for myself and my own experience. If a record is reasonably priced, I'll buy it no questions asked. Unless I'm buying a bunch of stuff in one go, then I'll start asking if we could work something out Wink
Kojiri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My record actually is worth a million dollars. All I have to do is convince Thurston Moore that it's ELITE and I'm set.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: