P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

SABBAT (Jp) LP question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: SABBAT (Jp) LP question Reply with quote

I recently got a copy of Pyschedelic Pounding Pain HMSS LP and it simply looks still sealed. I have no slight idea on how to open the whole thing without destroying the outer paper sleeve. How did you do if you managed to open this record to listen to it and enjoy the whole thing?

Thanks in advance!
iron tyrant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rip it open and to hell with it. That's what I do at least with those HMSS packaging. Razz

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
IronBloodBlasphemy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: SABBAT (Jp) LP question Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:
I recently got a copy of Pyschedelic Pounding Pain HMSS LP and it simply looks still sealed. I have no slight idea on how to open the whole thing without destroying the outer paper sleeve. How did you do if you managed to open this record to listen to it and enjoy the whole thing?

Thanks in advance!
there really is no way with the more recent HMSS releases. He forces you to completely commit to the lp. Once you open it, there really is no way to get the packaging back to the way it originally was.
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thanks! I'll open it properly tomorrow, but he makes nice outer packaging only to make people destroy it. That's strange, or maybe are these LPs not meant to be listened... That wouldn't be that surprising considering that years ago he said he allowed Japanese customers to buy three copies of the records: one for listening, one to keep pristine in the shelves and one for resale at a higher price...
IronBloodBlasphemy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:
Well, thanks! I'll open it properly tomorrow, but he makes nice outer packaging only to make people destroy it. That's strange, or maybe are these LPs not meant to be listened... That wouldn't be that surprising considering that years ago he said he allowed Japanese customers to buy three copies of the records: one for listening, one to keep pristine in the shelves and one for resale at a higher price...
there's lots of contradictions. He always keeps copies back to resell on ebay to raise money for future releases.
slokopdeborrel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgusting.
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you talking about? HMSS was first made by a Japanese SABBAT fan for Japanese SABBAT fans. It's a one-man operation not meant for being a business.
If he funds his label releases that are often in demand with his own productions, I'm fine with it, considering that people can buy these directly from him or from a few other sources.

The three-copies thing is less acceptable of course.
CR99

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just cut the right side like regular shrink wraps...
Vapula

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:
considering that people can buy these directly from him or from a few other sources.

Did he not announce 3 or 4 years ago that from now on he will only sell to Japanese customers through the website and the only way foreigners can get copies of the releases is through Ebay?

Not that I care because I don't listen to any of the bands he releases stuff by but I just remember reading that somewhere.
IronBloodBlasphemy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vapula wrote:
Xeniteia wrote:
considering that people can buy these directly from him or from a few other sources.

Did he not announce 3 or 4 years ago that from now on he will only sell to Japanese customers through the website and the only way foreigners can get copies of the releases is through Ebay?

Not that I care because I don't listen to any of the bands he releases stuff by but I just remember reading that somewhere.
He may have said that, I dont recall now, but there's plenty of Westerners that can & do still order from him directly. For awhile HellsHeadBangers was actually distributing some of the releases.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronBloodBlasphemy wrote:
but there's plenty of Westerners that can & do still order from him directly.

Yeah, I ordered the that Psychedelic Pounding Pain mentioned in the original post when it was released directly from HMSS. Mainly because I was at the gig. Too bad the sound on it isn't very admirable. The sound on the video I filmed there has a lot better sound than the lp! I saw the HMSS guy standing there shyly with microphone in his hand... Laughing
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: