P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

SABBAT (Jp) LP question

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Xeniteia



Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Posts: 1476
Location: Rhône Valley, France

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: SABBAT (Jp) LP question Reply with quote

I recently got a copy of Pyschedelic Pounding Pain HMSS LP and it simply looks still sealed. I have no slight idea on how to open the whole thing without destroying the outer paper sleeve. How did you do if you managed to open this record to listen to it and enjoy the whole thing?

Thanks in advance!
_________________
Scrutare et vide quia propheta a Galilaea non surgit!
http://www.discogs.com/seller/Xeniteia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
iron tyrant



Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Posts: 2478
Location: ITALIA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rip it open and to hell with it. That's what I do at least with those HMSS packaging. Razz
_________________
Into the Menstrual Night We Go-o, Hey-Ho, Hey-Ho...

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
IronBloodBlasphemy



Joined: 11 May 2006
Posts: 1146

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: SABBAT (Jp) LP question Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:
I recently got a copy of Pyschedelic Pounding Pain HMSS LP and it simply looks still sealed. I have no slight idea on how to open the whole thing without destroying the outer paper sleeve. How did you do if you managed to open this record to listen to it and enjoy the whole thing?

Thanks in advance!
there really is no way with the more recent HMSS releases. He forces you to completely commit to the lp. Once you open it, there really is no way to get the packaging back to the way it originally was.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xeniteia



Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Posts: 1476
Location: Rhône Valley, France

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thanks! I'll open it properly tomorrow, but he makes nice outer packaging only to make people destroy it. That's strange, or maybe are these LPs not meant to be listened... That wouldn't be that surprising considering that years ago he said he allowed Japanese customers to buy three copies of the records: one for listening, one to keep pristine in the shelves and one for resale at a higher price...
_________________
Scrutare et vide quia propheta a Galilaea non surgit!
http://www.discogs.com/seller/Xeniteia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
IronBloodBlasphemy



Joined: 11 May 2006
Posts: 1146

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:
Well, thanks! I'll open it properly tomorrow, but he makes nice outer packaging only to make people destroy it. That's strange, or maybe are these LPs not meant to be listened... That wouldn't be that surprising considering that years ago he said he allowed Japanese customers to buy three copies of the records: one for listening, one to keep pristine in the shelves and one for resale at a higher price...
there's lots of contradictions. He always keeps copies back to resell on ebay to raise money for future releases.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
slokopdeborrel



Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 186
Location: Vlaams-Brabant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgusting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xeniteia



Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Posts: 1476
Location: Rhône Valley, France

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you talking about? HMSS was first made by a Japanese SABBAT fan for Japanese SABBAT fans. It's a one-man operation not meant for being a business.
If he funds his label releases that are often in demand with his own productions, I'm fine with it, considering that people can buy these directly from him or from a few other sources.

The three-copies thing is less acceptable of course.
_________________
Scrutare et vide quia propheta a Galilaea non surgit!
http://www.discogs.com/seller/Xeniteia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
CR99



Joined: 26 May 2007
Posts: 9632
Location: M�lheim an der Ruhr/Germany

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just cut the right side like regular shrink wraps...
_________________
Good/Bad traders list
Trade/Salelist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vapula



Joined: 13 Feb 2013
Posts: 801
Location: The Black Lodge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:
considering that people can buy these directly from him or from a few other sources.

The three-copies thing is less acceptable of course.


Did he not announce 3 or 4 years ago that from now on he will only sell to Japanese customers through the website and the only way foreigners can get copies of the releases is through Ebay?

Not that I care because I don't listen to any of the bands he releases stuff by but I just remember reading that somewhere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronBloodBlasphemy



Joined: 11 May 2006
Posts: 1146

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vapula wrote:
Xeniteia wrote:
considering that people can buy these directly from him or from a few other sources.

The three-copies thing is less acceptable of course.


Did he not announce 3 or 4 years ago that from now on he will only sell to Japanese customers through the website and the only way foreigners can get copies of the releases is through Ebay?

Not that I care because I don't listen to any of the bands he releases stuff by but I just remember reading that somewhere.
He may have said that, I dont recall now, but there's plenty of Westerners that can & do still order from him directly. For awhile HellsHeadBangers was actually distributing some of the releases.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tireheb



Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 6251
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronBloodBlasphemy wrote:
but there's plenty of Westerners that can & do still order from him directly.

Yeah, I ordered the that Psychedelic Pounding Pain mentioned in the original post when it was released directly from HMSS. Mainly because I was at the gig. Too bad the sound on it isn't very admirable. The sound on the video I filmed there has a lot better sound than the lp! I saw the HMSS guy standing there shyly with microphone in his hand... Laughing
_________________
Kojiri wrote:
To buy lots of die hards, see them ebayed before you, and hear the lamentations of NWN.
rauta wrote:
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.


"You can't hide the hook!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group