P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Best of I, Voidhanger Records
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
† Korean Baby Jesus †
banned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Best of I, Voidhanger Records Reply with quote

Just wondering what folks here would consider to be the essential releases on I, Voidhanger Records. I'm only familiar with Mare Cognitum and Ysengrin...
eldera777

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if they are essentials but i own & like all their releases by Howls of Ebb, Ævangelist, Nar Mattaru, Serpent Ascending, Ysengrin , & The Wakedead Gathering
EK Nacht

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howls of Ebb for sure! I also really like Midnight Odyssey. And that band Tome of the Unreplenished is also a cool listen.
Kapalika

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A small label with a small, yet excellent roster.

Sepent Ascending, Ysengrin, Nar Mattaru and Howls of Ebb are my personal highlights (in various stages of acquisition, heh) but in general EVERY band there is worth to check out and mostly unique/with a personal aesthetic which is fucking rare.

Just check the samples on the label´s bandcamp page.
† Korean Baby Jesus †
banned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll have to check all of these out. I'm trying to find (new to me) smaller labels with high quality output. I'm trying to spend less of my record buying budget on the larger labels and support others..

It's been very cool to see a label like Fallen Empire, for example, over the past few years. FE is a label where, in general, I'd buy a record from a band I've never heard of without even hearing a sample because of the no-filler vibe.
Guido

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully with I,VOIDHANGER and NUCLEAR WAR NOW! coproductions on YSENGRIN upcoming splits 12", there will be more I,VOIDHANGER releases available in the US!
wirelessdarkness

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening to music and forming an opinion is hard, right Derek/DevilRidesOut/whateveryouwanttobecalledtoday?
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wirelessdarkness wrote:
Listening to music and forming an opinion is hard, right Derek/DevilRidesOut/whateveryouwanttobecalledtoday?

@ Korean baby I assume?

Yeesh... what is with this desire to be a part of the forum yet work so hard to be banned at a consistent and steady basis?

@thread topic. Fucking Ysengrin is totally aces, what a great band I climbed on board with rather late so to speak. I did buy the last album on cassette tape around it's release, but I think maybe it got one listen at a party which was not the typical focused listen I like to personally give to new music alone with it and a beer etc etc ...the band names been mentioned so much and I got a free metal pin of the logo recently I totally took some hint from the eldritch gods and gave the band that full attentive listen and fuck yea... great band indeed!

I will wear that pin now with pride and even had the opportunity to tell someone else of the band already who asked about who that pin logo was. Very Happy
† Korean Baby Jesus †
banned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guido wrote:
Hopefully with I,VOIDHANGER and NUCLEAR WAR NOW! coproductions on YSENGRIN upcoming splits 12", there will be more I,VOIDHANGER releases available in the US!

Guido, Tragedies - Liber Hermetisis on of the best things I've heard this year! I'm coming to the party a couple years late but happy that it's been released in the states.

Demoniarch wrote:

@thread topic. Fucking Ysengrin is totally aces

Agreed 100%. Also, I think that "wirelessdarkness" thinks that I'm Derek lol.

wirelessdarkness wrote:

Dude, are you aspiring to be the new Derek? If so, let me know. I'll put my Encyclopedia Brown hat back on.
wirelessdarkness

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be that whole "you joined this board and made your first post in the NWN pictures thread right as you got called out" thing. I don't care one way or another but asking others for opinions on "good records" from a five year old label with an active bandcamp means you have too little time or brain matter to formulate an opinion or are the previous "so cool" guy just returning to the board. Your IP will tell the story better than I do, so I'll just wait until you run into Ixtab again.
† Korean Baby Jesus †
banned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wirelessdarkness wrote:
but asking others for opinions on "good records" from a five year old label with an active bandcamp means you have too little time or brain matter to formulate an opinion

Dang. You are something of an asshole, aren't you. Apologies that I didn't join the board pre-January 2015 (like yourself). You are obviously a NWN vet. Can you school me some more? I'm always open to learning from other people who have been here longer than myself. What else should I not ask?

wirelessdarkness wrote:
Your IP will tell the story better than I do, so I'll just wait until you run into Ixtab again.

I think you should send IXTAB an urgent message and let him know that you've identified another of the infamous "Derek's" aliases.
wirelessdarkness

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you ask for other good albums on the Fallen Empire label or go listen to them and judge for yourself because of this aforementioned "quality and vibe?" Buy a few records from them and find out - like you were already saying. Then you can make an ultra cool topic in reverence, you might even figure out how to use the poll feature! (I didn't realize echoing that sentiment while also not believing who you on the internet makes me both elite and an asshole, but cool!) Other than liking the label and encouraging you to make a purchase, I don't think Jesus would listen to my advice, but if he is listening... "Thanks for correcting Ixtab to capital letters, that was kind of easy Laughing you must be much more elite and have been here longer than me to know that!"
† Korean Baby Jesus †
banned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. I don't know how you do things in Cleveland, but you're being a bit rude. Encyclopedia Brown hat is back on. Keep it up.
EK Nacht

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, have you even listened to Howls of Ebb yet?
wirelessdarkness

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's busy creating e-mail addresses and buying everything I sell on Discogs and immediately leaving me negative feedback in a feat of pure autism actually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: