P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

SATANIC THREAT and Metal musicians doing Hardcore....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Speerhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkhon Infaustus guitarist > Kickback. Pretty sure there was a thread on here about them.

Brooklyn Bastard 666 wrote:

2. DISFEAR - semi because a Metalhead, Tom ATG, became their singer. But had Tom not joined, they would still be a Punk/HC/Crust band.

and they were way better before he joined too. Soul Scars is a great album.
IIIRD GATEKEEPER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speerhead wrote:
and they were way better before he joined too. Soul Scars is a great album.

Agreed. Everyday Slaughter rules too, not to mention A BRUTAL SIGHT OF WAR!

Rósachd wrote:
Bring bacl Varg and Snorre!
Warcrust

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jocke from Wolfpack/Wolfbrigade played on the first 3 Marduk albums under the name Joackim Af Grave.
speedway

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warcrust wrote:
Jocke from Wolfpack/Wolfbrigade played on the first 3 Marduk albums under the name Joackim Af Grave.

that's not the same Jocke, the Jocke playing in Wolfbrigade is Jocke Rydbjer, the one you're talking about is Jocke Gothberg, don't know why they are always mixed up. Jocke Rydbjer played in Obscure Infinity btw
IIIRD GATEKEEPER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedway wrote:
Warcrust wrote:

that's not the same Jocke, the Jocke playing in Wolfbrigade is Jocke Rydbjer, the one you're talking about is Jocke Gothberg, don't know why they are always mixed up. Jocke Rydbjer played in Obscure Infinity btw

Yeah remembered something like this, mistaken those two before myself... doesn't help that there's info everywhere that they're the same guy.

Rósachd wrote:
Bring bacl Varg and Snorre!
NN

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: SATANIC THREAT and Metal musicians doing Hardcore.... Reply with quote

Hardcore musicians doing Metal?
Nothing new there, as that has been going on since the mid 80's.

But legit Metal musicians doing Hardcore?
This happens much less for sure...at least I don't hear much about it and I pay attention to things like this.

Cannibal Corpse's Rob Barrett has a HC project that may drop something at some point in 2013. This band does not yet have a name as far as I know though, but I am psyched to hear it.

Current members of NUNSLAUGHTER and a former MIDNIGHT member team up to bring us SATANIC THREAT. Pretty damn cool.
Check it out here:

http://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/satanic-threat-in-to-hell.asp

Don of the Dead sounds like a Pat Dubar (Uniform Choice) clone!
Awesome!

This is what's going down now, dude.
THERE'S SO MANY NEW METAL BANDS THEY'RE HAVING TO ESTABLISH NEW VENUES JUST TO ACCOMODATE THE POPULATION BOOM.
Everybody is converting, it's kinda uncomfortable for old longhairs to be totally honest.
Lotsa bands with four shorthairs and one metal guy is what you see...what's the relevance ov hair length you might ask (before this devolves into an internecine bitch-fest about hair length) and the answer is this: it's generally the quickest way to judge the amount ov converts to the style.
I swear to god every fucking SONIC YOUTH fan is in on it now, gents.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clothing/Appearance/Hair is the quickest way to visually assess the alignment/direction of ones interests, to some degree... nothing is exactly black and white anymore, but generally visuals is the first hint as to whom you may be dealing with.

Pretty much common basic human nature I think to form opinion on the first sense that is fed/used.
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCF wrote:

2. DISFEAR - semi because a Metalhead, Tom ATG, became their singer. But had Tom not joined, they would still be a Punk/HC/Crust band.

Uffe Cederlund is also in Disfear, if I am not mistaken.

Old Disfear is devastating but Cederlund's guitar playing delivers on Live the Storm, flawless discography IMO.
NN

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

satanic ritual abuse wrote:
NCF wrote:

Uffe Cederlund is also in Disfear, if I am not mistaken.

Old Disfear is devastating but Cederlund's guitar playing delivers on Live the Storm, flawless discography IMO.

Yes, the old DISFEAR is an example ov how extreme music should be engineered and/or delivered IMO.
Everything SOUNDS --get this-- L.O.U.D. rather than compressed and tidy.
The blastbeats hav that awesome slow-fast quality because he's hitting so hard. VARUKER's best 7" "Massacred Millions" is also notable because some drunk turned the bass drum up way too high in the mix...and it's NICE.
NN

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Clothing/Appearance/Hair is the quickest way to visually assess the alignment/direction of ones interests, to some degree... nothing is exactly black and white anymore, but generally visuals is the first hint as to whom you may be dealing with.

Pretty much common basic human nature I think to form opinion on the first sense that is fed/used.

Human nature and human by design; hair is first, shoes are last (to be noted usually) but I would say those two are the reduceable requisites.
it's not that mid-length hair itself is the culprit, it's whatever the DEFAULT NORM for hair is that is the culprit, specifically whatever is considered EMPLOYABLE, like the cover ov decibel. People thought ABORTED CHRIST CHILDE was stupid for wearing corpse paint in '94 and I was a blacken'd skinhead so they were further confused..because ov that whole nauseating dinosaur jr. fucking æsthetik or whatever i dunno but you're weren't supposed to look wrong or fucked up or different or acknowledge that your were refusing to look ACCEPTABLE AT ALL...you can't convert your hair to 'long' and that's one ov the many reasons we wore it like that.
What if you're Halford-ish and simply look good in mid-length hair?
Fine, just grow a square moustache andyou'll be exhonerat'd!
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think this a very good thing.
Why not???
The Nunslaughter guys have always liked HC, so no one can claim they are trend hoping. Also, HC isn't trendy in the least these days so if anything it is refreshing!

NYC Mayhem is a good example...they went HC and never went back to Metal...and became a way better band as a HC band in my opinion.

Carnivore went from Metal to HC and then broke up.

If anyone hears more about Rob Barrett from CC's new HC band, please let me know.
Warcrust

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedway wrote:
Warcrust wrote:

Always thought they are the same guy. Thanks for the info!
NN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think this a very good thing.
Why not??
Carnivore went from Metal to HC and then broke up.

I saw Carnivore at L'Amours, rock capital of brooklyn with cro mags and it was okay...dumb lyrics but the whole trip was less serious back then. I thought they were working TOWARDS metal, like cro mags but I was like 17 at the time...possibly the most injurious pit i've ever stumbled dazed out ov.
the hardcore versus-or-in-combination-with metal thing is endlessly interesting because they are SO DISSIMILAR THEY END UP NEAR EACH OTHER in the way that opposites share a symmetry. Hardcore punk is the farthest leftwing, has the least musicological rules, and is anti-virtuosity whereas metal has, by is time, become the inverse in every way.
But, fascinatingly, SOME ov the rules that punk breaks and hardcore augments become standard operating procedure in metal which deifys them in it's inalienable elitism. (early) SLAYER IS D-BEAT, volks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: