P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Emperor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Emperial wrath.
Wrath of the Tyrant
17%
 17%  [ 38 ]
Emperor
14%
 14%  [ 33 ]
In the Nightside Eclipse
45%
 45%  [ 101 ]
Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
18%
 18%  [ 41 ]
IX Equilibrium
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Prometheus
2%
 2%  [ 6 ]
Live Inferno
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 223

hevosrunkkari

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthems all the way. Emperor is kinda hit or miss band for me. Demos i dont care much, sometimes i like to listen ITNE but sometimes it sounds crap. IX pretty useless too. Prometheus is pretty good in its own way, no comparable to earlier works but still solid album. I have to also mention that Ihsahn's vocals are annoying, never liked that.
GiantCogs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The early stuff is best. I've never really been able to totally get into Anthem or IX Equilibrium, but Prometheus is an incredible album. The depth of composition still impresses me.
slayera

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrath of the Tyrant + EP. I never really got into In the Nightside or the rest...
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In The Nightside Eclipse, but it was a long growing process. Today, I would rank it as their best, but it wasn't always like that. Anthems is the close second, but the rivarly between two rather awesome albums is ultimately irrelevant. When listening to ITNE and thinking about how the material came from 92-93 and was well ahead of its time at least makes me appreciate it even more.

I don't shy away from the pre-ITNE stuff either, but they remain more of a curiosity because the band realized their early material on ITNE to its full potential anyway. I remember getting IX Equilibrium when it was released and didn't think much of it for a couple of years, but it's really not bad at all. I might play Prometheus when I'm feeling slightly experimental, but I can't remember being overwhelmed or anything..
ravage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrath of the Tyrant, easily.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITNE is the easy choice for me but Emperor is one of my all time favorite bands and I love everything they ever released. I don't understand how anyone can call Anthems a bad album. And IX is produced like utter shit but "Curse You All Men" is fucking devastating. Prometheus is stunning in terms of musicianship and also perfect for headbanging if you are in the right mood.

Emperor reign supreme!
eighthplague

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
IX is produced like utter shit

Really? What don't you like about it? I'm actually pretty fond of the production on that one.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:
IX is produced like utter shit

Really? What don't you like about it? I'm actually pretty fond of the production on that one.

The drums. Something about that has always bugged me a little bit. Minor complaint however. Great record.
AgonizedFinland

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrath of the tyrant.

Though I like them all, every album has its pros. Live albums suck, too clean production for a live albums.

Last edited by AgonizedFinland on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:34 am; edited 2 times in total
BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love IX .. especially if you look at it without puting it up against the older classic black metal albums. I mean, IX is black metal I guess, but I think of it more as just a really good progessive / technical metal album. By those standards its amazing. Really excellent riffs, one after the other.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
I don't understand how anyone can call Anthems a bad album.

It's not bad by any means but I don't see how people can claim it's the best record they did. It's objectively sub par compared to the early stuff. I'll spare you the "people who got into metal around '98" tirade for once.
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was super disappointed in Anthems when it came out, probably one of the bigger letdowns of the decade honestly. That said it's still a good album, just a huge drop off. Much like the majority here I voted for In the Nightside Eclipse, even though I prefer the versions of songs on the MLP.
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always loved Anthems. It was a massive departure from the early works but it still held its ground as a great album.

However... Trendy black metal faggots like Abigail Williams, all seem to have taken a particular liking to Anthems and you can clearly hear it as well.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:

It's not bad by any means but I don't see how people can claim it's the best record they did. It's objectively sub par compared to the early stuff. I'll spare you the "people who got into metal around '98" tirade for once.

You wouldn't be totally off base mentioning that. I think Anthems was a big "gateway" record for a lot of people.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
NK7 wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:

You wouldn't be totally off base mentioning that. I think Anthems was a big "gateway" record for a lot of people.

Definitely. I think it was the first freshly-released album I noticed when I got into black metal, actually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: