P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Budapest this weekend?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iscariah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Budapest this weekend? Reply with quote

Coming to Budapest this weekend with the wife and was wondering if there are anyone up for some shenanigans and downright debauchery?

Concerts? Good hard rock bars?

LABEL (MORBOSIDAD / NOMINON SPLIT OUT NOW + DEATHCULT NORWAY CASSETTES):
www.edgedcircleproductions.com
Vincebus Eruptum

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there quite a few times. very beautiful city. I really enjoyed it there. Though Metal is not very common in Hungary nowadays. At least this was my impression. also look at european tours: they rarely play in budapest or any other hungarian city. I think its the "least metal country in Europe". too bad because they had a glorious past.
I stranded in a bar where tamás buday (tormentor guitarist) used to work according to the tormentor re-releases, named rocktogon. I visited some concerts at blue hell club. And thats it. both places are crap if you ask me.

just go to any bar that looks good to you and drink some tasty Arany Aszok or Soproni beers and Palinka. cheap espespcially for people from norway hahaha!

btw.
List of record stores:

Muzeum Körut 17 and 21
almassy ter 8
Kertesz ut. 37 (Laci Bacsi and the shop next to it)
Erszebet Körut 58
Terez Körut 8

these are some addresses still saved in my google maps app from last year. maybe this helps you....
no guarantee of course!!! you easily find pokolgép, Ossian, Omen, Pandoras Box stuff there...
Hvit Varulv

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vincebus Eruptum wrote:
I think its the "least metal country in Europe".

Have you ever been to Ireland? Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_fapYKMIEM
Kitartas! Razz

To answer the original question; forget the bars and try some of the local restaurants instead, for example Hungarikum Bistro: http://hungarikumbisztro.hu
Hungarian cuisine is very unique and worth trying (unless you're some hipster vegetarian).

Also visit their metro, their trains can travel not only across the city but also in time (about 60 years back)

ms_39455

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocktogon is worth a visit on a weekend if you're looking for a pub. Didn't know about Tamás of Tormentor working there, but it's a decent hole in the ground for a drink and listening to some tunes. Been there a few times while visiting Budapest and always enjoyed myself unless there was some shitty cover band playing.
Steken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all metal-related, but those famed Hungarian thermal baths really are goddamn fantastic. They serve beer there, too, so it can be combined with debauchery. Very Happy
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steken wrote:
Not at all metal-related, but those famed Hungarian thermal baths really are goddamn fantastic. They serve beer there, too, so it can be combined with debauchery. Very Happy

Yes! The baths in the centre of the park is excellent!
Steken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterVenkman wrote:
Steken wrote:

Yes! The baths in the centre of the park is excellent!

Missed that one! My and my gal only had time for the Gellért baths - definitely one of the highpoints of the trip.
Lukasz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisherman bastion in the night (less people, illuminated and no entrance fee), Parlament before the sunset (nice to see the last rays of sun on Danube river),
Kerepesi cemetery (there are few open graves)

There is one pub, where they serve about 20types of really tasty beers - but do not remember the name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: