P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

DRAKKAR-VLAD TEPES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proper vinyl mastering is a lost art nowadays, and it's rather expensive. Do you honestly think Drakkar (who are much more interested in make you waste your money on their products instead of wasting theirs in offering quality records) would actually bother with having someone do a proper mastering for such records? Most pressing plants offer in-house mastering nowadays, and it's much cheaper than having a pro do that for you. Which option do you think Drakkar would choose?
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I'm totally aware this was a cash grab move with no real passion behind it. as the consumer here, I'm just trying to determine if the tape is as quiet and bland sounding as the vinyl or what (and if it is, then its best on tape anyhow) my motive is to potentially obtain these tapes instead and get rid of the LP versions elsewhere. if its worth while of course...
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The black metal honor rulebook suggests that one would take the high road and do the choice that offers the best end result, so when the customer gets their album they can play it loud and perfect (in the tiny aparment or basement when mom's not home) on their little bookshelf stereo turntable with tiny abused speakers and then come to the forums and try to argue sound quality.

It is all perfectly sensible.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha how presumptuous...

you're probably onto something though, as I bet my downstairs neighbor would prefer I keep the quieter LP mix over anything else. I bet she would love it more if I actually invested in some speaker stands so I quit rattling her ceiling too Twisted Evil
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CD versions are more than enough for me, honestly. They sound good enough for me, anyway.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some EQ work, a simple volume boost, and maybe some light noise reduction would have served some of this material well. We're talking about MAYBE an hours worth of work here. It has nothing to do with anything else, mother's basement be damned. Even on shitty speakers and played quietly, it would sound infinitely better. Same can be said for that live Volahn LP which is unlistenable because of the master being so quiet.
Emil Tibell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any US (or Candanian) distro that still has the Vlad Tepes tapes in stock?

www.EmilTibell.com - Artwork and Illustration
invinCIBility

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emil Tibell wrote:
Is there any US (or Candanian) distro that still has the Vlad Tepes tapes in stock?

I never knew of any that did. Why not order directly from Drakkar? Their prices aren't unreasonable and they are reliable. No need to worry about tapes being shipped in pizza boxes Razz
niuskb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try writing Hells Headbangers and ask if they're going to restock. I got War Funeral March and March to the Black Holocaust on tape from them months ago.
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone aware if there was ever any plans to rerelease the Vlad Tepes / Torgeist - Black Legions Metal split on vinyl? Seems strange that this hasn't been done yet given Drakkar went through the entire demo catalogue...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: