P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Great King Diamond Article
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dusted



Joined: 07 Jul 2012
Posts: 446

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought house of god has some fuckin good songs on there...even on the more recent kd albums theres usually one or two good tracks,even the last mf had a song or two i liked even if they werent of the high standards set in the 80s
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stalinorgel
banned


Joined: 08 Aug 2011
Posts: 2699

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NN wrote:
cultofdaath wrote:
I thought Voodoo was the last respectable KD album, just skip the title track.


it does disturb me to hear those carribbean beats on a KD album...seems like a producer's idea...but in HIS case I'll take it.


Horrible album. King Diamond is Gothic horror and surely not African mumbo-jumbo. What an unfitting setting.

Plus Dimebag Darrell......no thanks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NN



Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Posts: 603

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalinorgel wrote:
NN wrote:
cultofdaath wrote:
I thought Voodoo was the last respectable KD album, just skip the title track.


it does disturb me to hear those carribbean beats on a KD album...seems like a producer's idea...but in HIS case I'll take it.


Horrible album. King Diamond is Gothic horror and surely not African mumbo-jumbo. What an unfitting setting.

Plus Dimebag Darrell......no thanks!


what?
he was on that?!
gross...i didn't see that in the liners...glad i didn't.
but, listen, i concur with your sentiment about the akwardness ov the cultural juxtoposition ov the teutonic tonalities ov the music and the tropical percussion I must disagree with your uninformed dismissal ov African magic.
IT IS A VERY TERRIFYING MAGIC that I would definitely avoid hetting CAUGHT UP in. You enter a certain neighborhood. A stray dog with a paper-cone-hat on his head sneaks up and lightly bites your ankle before running off. that night, zombies with machetes, are able locate you.
I understand elitism, I don't believe in equality, I endorse ANYONE's racial pride
BUT
I don't get the tendency to discount African people or culture...they hav so much to offer. They are true earthers, the earth-only breed ov human designed to mine this terra. Theirs is the gaurdianship ov water. The red man's is earth and right now, He is playing very good heavy metal, i got a deathyell patch on my patagonia. The yellow man is the newest design, maybe 40,000 years old, his gaurdianship is winds.
_________________
http://nondornevai.com/news.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
VATRA I SUMPOR



Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Posts: 1804

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuckin' copied and saved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Stalinorgel
banned


Joined: 08 Aug 2011
Posts: 2699

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NN, Dimebag had a guest-solo on one song, don't remember which one. That's already one too much.

As for the rest ov your posting: Well, whatever rocks your boat, man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NN



Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Posts: 603

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VATRA I SUMPOR wrote:
fuckin' copied and saved


Cool.
I don't make the news BTW.
So, where's the zine at, Vatra?
My stupid advertisement ain't gonna sell shit anyway ha HA! Razz
_________________
http://nondornevai.com/news.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NN



Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Posts: 603

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalinorgel wrote:
NN, Dimebag had a guest-solo on one song, don't remember which one. That's already one too much.


Laughing

when Grohl was on and on about calling KD on the phone I got angry.
you DON'T WRITE HIDEOUSLY AWFUL SHIT CAR COMMERCIAL ROCK like that piece ov miserable grandma shit band ov his plays and then turn around and play up that you're a genuine streethesh who loves the KING.
_________________
http://nondornevai.com/news.html


Last edited by NN on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
VATRA I SUMPOR



Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Posts: 1804

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NN wrote:
VATRA I SUMPOR wrote:
fuckin' copied and saved


Cool.
I don't make the news BTW.
So, where's the zine at, Vatra?
My stupid advertisement ain't gonna sell shit anyway ha HA! Razz


mailing you right away sshaman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Stalinorgel
banned


Joined: 08 Aug 2011
Posts: 2699

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NN, everyone is into KD these days.

It's only strange that those "fans" were somehow not around during the 90ies, when he actually could have needed some support.

But they were maybe busy listening to Pantera and Machine Head.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NN



Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Posts: 603

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalinorgel wrote:
NN, everyone is into KD these days.

It's only strange that those "fans" were somehow not around during the 90ies, when he actually could have needed some support.

But they were maybe busy listening to Pantera and Machine Head.


I'm still scolding myself for missing him in NYC in '86 (?)
the landscape was so different then.
_________________
http://nondornevai.com/news.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS



Joined: 15 Nov 2008
Posts: 561

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NN wrote:

I don't get the tendency to discount African people or culture...they hav so much to offer. They are true earthers, the earth-only breed ov human designed to mine this terra. Theirs is the gaurdianship ov water.


I always thought black people hated water / swimming ect. ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Piotr Sargnagel



Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 2146
Location: At home, in front of my computer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS wrote:
NN wrote:

I don't get the tendency to discount African people or culture...they hav so much to offer. They are true earthers, the earth-only breed ov human designed to mine this terra. Theirs is the gaurdianship ov water.


I always thought black people hated water / swimming ect. ?


Laughing Laughing where the hell did you get that idea from?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS



Joined: 15 Nov 2008
Posts: 561

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piotr Sargnagel wrote:
BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS wrote:
NN wrote:

I don't get the tendency to discount African people or culture...they hav so much to offer. They are true earthers, the earth-only breed ov human designed to mine this terra. Theirs is the gaurdianship ov water.


I always thought black people hated water / swimming ect. ?


Laughing Laughing where the hell did you get that idea from?


Laughing I always just heard that. I thought it was a pretty common stereotype

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11172054
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110419150111AAgMTm2
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109938631&page=1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 6956

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is indeed a stereotype, at least in the US. However it is somewhat old fashioned and not as commonly joked about as say, sagging pants or something. Nowhere near as prevalent as "chicken and watermelon."

Just ask Dave Chappelle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Piotr Sargnagel



Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 2146
Location: At home, in front of my computer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I'd never come across that one!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group