P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Adaestuo - Tacent Semitae
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalihrob

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:37 am    Post subject: Adaestuo - Tacent Semitae Reply with quote

This minialbum is so great that I think it deserves its own thread. VJS once again shows wimps how Black Metal is supposed to be played. Obviously a must for (not only) fans of Incursus.

https://soundcloud.com/w-t-c-productions/03-niszczyciel-gwiazdozbiorow-destroyer-of-constellations

World Terror Committee wrote:
Adaestuo - Tacent Semitae - MCD - To be released on 11.11.2016

We are proud to release the debut mini-album of ADAESTUO, Tacent Semitae. A swirling breath of otherworldly energies, Tacent Semitae is a startling and profound introduction to this otherwise-unknown band. ADAESTUO was formed as a covenant between three wandering souls at the unhallowed crossroads where the darkest elements of ambient, black metal, and spiritual praxis conjoin. Being a series of audial sigils cast by VJS and P.E.Packain and led in evocation by Hekte Zaren, ADAESTUO transcends the modern homogeny found among the lower caste of musical initiates. This work aims at the destruction of the collective black metal ego: heralding the coming of the forces of darkness from rifts in the thin veil between the flesh and The Otherside. Across the four tracks and 21 minutes of Tacent Semitae, expect nothing but piercing hymns and hallowed, sinister spells from this coven, and altogether anticipate ADAESTUO to reveal the abyss within.

Abandon all hope, forge thy fears as weapons, and ye shall be granted passage here...

Format: MCD, MLP (at a later point), Digital

Tracklist
1. The Abyss (Otchlan)
2. Cicatrices Plexae (Scar-Braids)
3. Destroyer of Constellations (Niszczycielem Gwiazdozbiorow)
4. Tacent Semitae (Silent Paths)

Lineup
Hekte Zaren - Voices of the Damned
VJS/P.E. Packain - Strings, Skins, and Static

www.facebook.com/adaestuo
cadaversynod

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great, I enjoy it more than Incursus. All these vocals are female?

After second listen it is more obvious that all vocals are female... suprisingly good as I rarely enjoy female extreme vocals
Miilos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incursus was so great. I'll just need a little time to get over Horidus' absence and get used to new vocalist, but no doubts this will crush almost everything released this year.
Hateful_Reality

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy this equally as much as Incursus, even the EP, that was far more minimalistic in production than even "Eternal Funeral Trance" but all the well great and so fucking underrated, but then again in a world where BM has gone full blown super studio sound, I can see where a band like this would be lost on the ears of followers and not devotees to the true craft.
lifeless

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://wtcproductions.bandcamp.com/album/tacent-semitae

wow this fucking rules; legitimate bewitching sound
vinyl soon?
Gmajnar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, this is great! I have been listening to this a lot in the last two weeks. Very dense magickal atmosphere.
the_swarm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeless wrote:
https://wtcproductions.bandcamp.com/album/tacent-semitae

wow this fucking rules; legitimate bewitching sound
vinyl soon?

Most likely around spring.
https://wtcproductions.bandcamp.com/
www.bardomethodology.com
gojko88

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem with this release is that it leaves you yearning for a full-length. Terrific stuff.
wirelessdarkness

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hateful_Reality wrote:
I enjoy this equally as much as Incursus, even the EP, that was far more minimalistic in production than even "Eternal Funeral Trance" but all the well great and so fucking underrated, but then again in a world where BM has gone full blown super studio sound, I can see where a band like this would be lost on the ears of followers and not devotees to the true craft.

This comment will make me check out this band, as I've been wanting Eternal Funeral Trance on another format for YEARS, wonderful fucking album.
Curse Eternal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can easily say, that this is one of the best albums of the year.
Good stuff, and great atmosphere. Really love the vocals.
swearengen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highly recommended.
In Solitude

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, phenomenal. This is like "The Ninth Gate" soundtrack performed by a Black Metal band.
Gwhedhúmós

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gojko88 wrote:
The only problem with this release is that it leaves you yearning for a full-length. Terrific stuff.

Yes. I thought it was excellent, but I was surprised by how little music there actually was. I guess I'd been expecting something longer. At any rate, I know there's more stuff in the works. This is one of the newer bands I'm most interested in hearing new material from.
Maerund

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cadaversynod wrote:
Sounds great, I enjoy it more than Incursus. All these vocals are female?

After second listen it is more obvious that all vocals are female... suprisingly good as I rarely enjoy female extreme vocals

It seems so, yes. And yes, they are great. A friend of mine had several conversations with her (Hekte), and her process for recording this was very involved and intense. From what he relayed, she learned necromancy from her grandmother, which is something Hekte still practices. What appears on this recording is a result of that. Apparently one of her practices involves speaking with spirits near buried bodies -- apparently in trance states (I'm not sure if it's exclusively in trance states). So some of the recording on Tacent Semitae is field recording of her in a graveyard carrying out some of these rituals. You can hear this very clearly in some places -- scraping of rock (I think), muttering communications, etc.

Overall, this is a really great and powerful recording. The vocals are phenomenal, but so is everything else. It's one of my favorite recent recordings. I agree that it is on the level with Incursus and may prove to be better -- it definitely shows signs of surpassing even that phenomenal project. I'm going to reserve judgment until more material is released and until I have more time to process this, though, because Incursus's Eternal Funeral Trance and Adaestuo are just so so good -- and EFT has remained fantastic after having several years to prove itself.
swearengen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon says there's a CD version of Incursus' Adeastuo for sale. That's not right is it? Wasn't that vinyl only?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: