P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

HOWLS OF EBB "Cursus Impasse: The Pendlomic Vows"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I, Voidhanger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: HOWLS OF EBB "Cursus Impasse: The Pendlomic Vows" Reply with quote

HOWLS OF EBB "Cursus Impasse: The Pendlomic Vows"

A joint venture release by I, Voidhanger Records (CD), NWN! (LP), and Caligari (MC).

Within a very short period of time, Howls Of Ebb have spawned a creative surge of ominous might. Under the sign of I, Voidhanger Records, came 2014's debut “Vigils of the 3rd Eye” LP, and the wide brave expanse of 2015's “The Marrow Veil” MLP. These transcendental relics have surely left no doubts: this, in true form, is an incorporeal fetid and morbid darkness; yet, left to burn a long and wicked light.
And now, with immense pride and fortune, we introduce “Cursus Impasse: The Pendlomic Vows” LP! We welcome you to inhale this horrifying drug while gazing upon the visionary painting by Italian master Agostino Arrivabene. Sully your minds by attempting to explain what the sounds of The Sour Bogs of Mars spilling upon vapid flesh is like; or perhaps, wondering if its possible to explain the sound of psychic cadence bombing your deep synapse? For Howls Of Ebb's “Cursus Impasse: The Pendlomic Vows” is one more step beyond “Vigils of the 3rd Eye” and “The Marrow Veil”--it is a master pendulum of transgressive osmotic reign! All Hail!

TRACKLIST:

1. The 6th Octopul'th Grin (5:31)
2. Cabals Of Molder (6:14)
3. Maat Mon's Fume (8:14)
4. 7 Ascetic Cinders, 8 Dowries of gA'nOm (7:09)
5. Gaunt Vertigo (1:20)
6. The Subliminal Lock – A Precursor To Vengeance (6:23)
7. The Apocryphalic Wick (7:21)

Total running time 42:12

CD w/16-page booklet out on April 15 via I, Voidhanger Records.
Vinyl and cassete versions out later via NWN! Prod. and Caligari Records, respectively.

PREVIEW TRACK:
https://i-voidhangerrecords.bandcamp.com/track/cabals-of-molder-from-cursus-impasse-the-pendlomic-vows
https://www.facebook.com/i.voidhanger.records
http://i-voidhangerrecords.bandcamp.com/
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the official marketing text:

(Description by J. Campbell)
Led by Zee-Luuuvft-Huund, the alter ego of Patrick Brown, former guitarist and songwriter for the obscure but legendary Kansas City, MO bands, Ligeia and Nepenthe, Howls of Ebb quietly released two exceptional recordings on the I, Voidhanger label over the last two years. With this new album, “Cursus Impasse,” the band continues to contort the structural framework of its sound to even greater effect. Howls of Ebb consists of just two members, Zee-Luuuvft-Huund and drummer, Roteen’ Blisssss (Zach Wells)—a remarkable fact considering the band’s stylistic breadth. To say that Howls of Ebb (also known as HoB, which, according to Brown, is an alternate name, not an awkward acronym) defies description is a gross understatement. It is chaotic and unpredictable. But that’s not to say that HoB’s approach is anarchic. On the contrary, it is meticulously sculpted and refined, designed to disorient and mesmerize in equal measure. The effect is both captivating and unsettling. Significantly, though the band seeks out uncharted territory through its music, it does so using traditional tools and reliable machinery, eschewing cheap gimmickry. The exploratory nature of Howls of Ebb is likely due, in some part, to Brown’s early exposure to Order From Chaos when he was a teenager growing up in Kansas City, MO. Brown’s association with OFC and related figures in that scene left a mark. One can faintly hear the echoes of those formative experiences in HoB’s compositional approach, like mutated DNA passed to a subsequent generation. The first thing one notices about “Cursus Impasse” is its shocking immediacy. The album erupts, seemingly mid-song, in a frenzied display of violence that coalesces into a stirring gallop, driving the track—entitled “The 6th Octopul’th Grin”—forward, before devolving toward a melancholy culmination. Such sudden, deftly executed mood shifts are a hallmark of the songwriting on this album. Stasis appears as a burden to the band. Each song shifts repeatedly, and often unexpectedly, in unanticipated directions. As the album unfolds, the songs become increasingly complex and epic. The whole, the sum, is dissolved into its constituent parts then pieced and re-pieced together, forming a monstrous representation. Songs build into crashing waves of sound then stretch into furious passages of warped and manic riffs stitched together with the thinnest of threads. Despite the complexity HoB pursues on this album, the execution is always appropriately understated. The band never plays with a heavy hand, instead letting the instruments merge into a whole unit rather than allowing any sound to dominate. The production is central to the effect of “Cursus Impasse.” The guitars are only moderately distorted, leaving their tonality intact and the riffs clearly audible. Lyrically and conceptually, HoB’s approach is curvilinear, employing impenetrable wordplay that is often as perplexing as the music. The album, sonically and thematically, is labyrinthine, composed of broken syntax and twisted punctuation. While not directly comparable to any other band, Howls of Ebb, in general, and this album, in particular, is likely to be appreciated by admirers of bands such as Antediluvian, Negative Plane, Stargazer, and Portal. Rest assured, however, that Howls of Ebb mimics neither these nor any other band. The release of “Cursus Impasse” is a joint venture by I, Voidhanger Records (CD), NWN! (LP), and Caligari (MC).

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Sifor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear this stuff was recorded with my ears in mind. This is exactly my type of music. The preview track sounds amazing.

I have things to sell and trade!
Caligari

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the mentally corrupted for the mentally corrupted, support.
/ HUMAN BODIES / DISTERROR / OBSCURE EVIL / CEMETERY / HOWLS OF EBB / INTO COFFIN
Coming Soon: EVOCACION / INCULCATOR / SONIC POISON
Nightvvolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screams PRIMUS.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightvvolf wrote:
Screams PRIMUS.

Now that you mention it... I can see that in there now. Blackened Primus though Laughing
wirelessdarkness

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very promising group and very awesome joint adventure here!
Wolfram

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I'm not a fan of most releases I think i, Voidhanger deserves nothing but respect for his avantgarde, experimental and totally original roster of artists..
EK Nacht

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This made my day! New Howls of Ebb and I've only just now clicked with The marrow veil.
Kill Monument

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

With the new releases coming out from Howls of Ebb, Grave Miasma and Irkallian Oracle it looks like DM is in safe hands in 2016.

www.facebook.com/malthusianDM
bartwa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the craziest HoE song I've heard so far. A lot going on in that single track (or not so single). Primus reference not that far fetched. Less death metal here than before. Interesting tune again but to be honest I am a bit worried about the new album. And at the same time I am almost sure that there is nothing to worry about. In my book HoE can't do any wrong. Btw is vinyl going to happen in April, too?
Petrificado

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking great song, can't wait for this.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bartwa wrote:
That's the craziest HoE song I've heard so far. A lot going on in that single track (or not so single). Primus reference not that far fetched. Less death metal here than before. Interesting tune again but to be honest I am a bit worried about the new album. And at the same time I am almost sure that there is nothing to worry about. In my book HoE can't do any wrong. Btw is vinyl going to happen in April, too?

Vinyl will not come out in April. It takes about three months for any vinyl production these days so we are looking at June.

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Dismal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Nightvvolf wrote:
Screams PRIMUS.

Now that you mention it... I can see that in there now. Blackened Primus though Laughing

hah, yep. Cool track, looking forward. Still haven't picked up The Marrow Veil either.
Gia Thanatos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Kill Monument wrote:
With the new releases coming out from Howls of Ebb, Grave Miasma and Irkallian Oracle it looks like DM is in safe hands in 2016.

Don't forget Ritual Chamber too. Very promising year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: