P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

The discogs.com thread of total fucking insanity
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holy ghost

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: The discogs.com thread of total fucking insanity Reply with quote

I think it's high time we had a thread for hilarious or not so hilarious discogs nut jobs (eBay is okay too).... I'll start with the weirdest one I've ever had. Bear in mind, all this is AFTER I was quoted $5 for shipping a CD in the sellers payment terms, then the seller went in, changed their shipping terms to $12 to try and milk a few extra bucks out of me.... then acquiesced when I called him on it.

Bear in mind throughout this, we are talking about SEVENTY ONE CENTS on a NINE DOLLAR CD.

Quote:
Seller:
Good morning Noah,

It looks like Paypal charged a fee of 71c. Could you please add this amount?

Quote:
My response:
Hi Stephan,

It is not my responsibility to pay your PayPal fees.

Quote:
Seller:
I'm sorry but these are the fees for using Paypal with a credit card (2.9%):

Bank account or PayPal Balance
- FREE
Credit/Debit Card Fee
- 2.9% + $0.30 CAD per transaction (the sender decides who pays this fee).

My profile shows also bank transfers and cash. I was not paid in full and the invoice shows $14.

Quote:
My response:
I paid you the $14 that I was invoiced. These fees were never mentioned previous to now and they are your responsibility. I have also never asked a buyer to pay my fees and I fail to see why I should have do do so in this case.

Quote:
Seller:
Because you knew and are the senior and are my 3rd buyer.

You can check my correspondance and my 2 buyers did not know and found bank transfers more expensive, and wanted PayPal and paid the fee, just like they would have for a bank transfer

Quote:
Now I'm about at the end of my rope:
PayPal is the default payment option for discogs. You don't want to pay PayPal fees, don't accept PayPal. Asking for more money after I've paid you is bordering on insulting. Please stop wasting my time.

mithrandir

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if he's so concerned about the paypal fee he should just bump up his prices accordingly and not snake people out of a few coins after the the invoice is sent
ZeWarden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a option to leave feedback? Depending on how much i wanted the item, i probably would have just paid the fees and then leave feedback warning other potential buyers
ADB

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could probably go on the "eBay is retarded" thread
Eiskrieg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, wrong thread really.

I have sold on discogs a lot over the last few years totalling around 300 orders. I have always included the fact I include PayPal fees in the seller descriptions.
Descension

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is actually the buyer's responsibility to pay for those fees as you've requested PayPal as the service to pay. He should know to calculate for that and be upfront however.
Carpathian Florist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck Stephan... it's a shit name too. Conjures images of a purple beret and silver sash

NOBODY KNOWS IM A WEREWOLF
deathevocation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're arguing over 71 cents via email and have posted a thread about it.

I'd suggest you are the loser here.

I would have paid it and forgotten about it, particularly when the vendor is still to send the goods. 71 cents. Not worth the time or effort.
Valgrinder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathevocation wrote:

I would have paid it and forgotten about it, particularly when the vendor is still to send the goods. 71 cents. Not worth the time or effort.

I would have complained too. I mean, if somebody asks me to pay 10 euros and after I pay that he returns to ask me more, it's really annoying. It's not about how many cents it is, its about principles and honesty. If he asks 10 euros, then 10 euros it shall be.

The seller should have let buyer know about fees or whatever before payment. If he forgot to mention about that, then it should be his loss. For example I have miscalculated postage prices many times too low but never ever complained about that to buyer after he have paid. Its my mistake and after I promise to sell something at that price, then I shall do it and learn my lesson.

At the time when I sold some releases with "cash in letter -method", I calculated the price of foreign currencies (mostly with USD) 5-10% higher so it included something extra. And after few(dozens) orders I could paid the bank fees when changed dollars to finnish marks. And when exchange rate of USdollar started to drop radically, I still sold the items in same price that was written on flyers. Even if it made me loose money.

So if seller doesent ask paypal fees, then everyone assume that it is already counted in original price.
boca

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is you can't charge PayPal fees, it's against the Discogs policy as far as I know... so you should let Discogs knows about it and suspend the fucker.

PayPal fees should be pre-calculated and eventually already be included in the price...

STUPID FUCKER.

Khaotopia Productions
www.khaotopia.com.hr
HotBlack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pay me $0.71 extra for some fees says the niggardly seller... $0.71!?!? Outrage!!! says the chintzy buyer... Laughing

the shit people get their panties in a twist about.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathevocation wrote:

Not like I can't afford the $.71 mate, it's the principle of it all...
ABC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathevocation wrote:

nice bello. Someone told you to pay more and you do it. He wins, you lose, without complaining. Thats the way it should be. Rolling Eyes
Vapula

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boca wrote:
The thing is you can't charge PayPal fees, it's against the Discogs policy as far as I know... so you should let Discogs knows about it and suspend the fucker.

It's actually against paypals policy for any seller to ever pass on the charge this includes the 99% of distros that pass it on to the buyer. I have no problem paying it once it's mentioned up front also if the seller offers alternative methods of payment why should they responsible for the fee if the buyer chooses to pay by paypal.
DSS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vapula wrote:
boca wrote:

It's actually against paypals policy for any seller to ever pass on the charge this includes the 99% of distros that pass it on to the buyer. I have no problem paying it once it's mentioned up front also if the seller offers alternative methods of payment why should they responsible for the fee if the buyer chooses to pay by paypal.

Yes most distros charge a PayPal fee.
Let's be honest, PayPal makes it easy for the buyer and the seller. Most distros don't realize how much more complicated it would be without PayPal. I ran a small distro in the mid/late '90s and if I didn't receive cash in the mail I had to go to the bank and cash the money order or check. With checks I had to wait 2 weeks before shipping the order to make sure that it clears. It would be chaos for some bigger labels/distros today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: