P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Pestilentia - Rotten LP (Limited to 111 copies)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rthdx wrote:
Haunt In The Dark wrote:
But that's not the point. Would you release 333 copies of this LP (with proper labels) and sell them for 12€ ?

We'll see. Wink Speaking of my nearest LP release, I'll do 100 for the beginning, numbered, but not limited to a certain amount. And will keep it in press while demand lasts. Maybe will do 200 more in the second turn. But no way I'd do 300+ pieces in one time (though I know that self-cost will be seriously lower) as I don't need extra boxes taking my living space and air around for unpredictable time. Wink

Then why just not put out a nice demo instead? Or a CD?
rthdx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haunt In The Dark wrote:
Then why just not put out a nice demo instead?

Because it's 5th full-length studio album of the band, at least! Laughing

And who said there'll be no CD and tape versions, btw? Rolling Eyes
bigcartel
youtube
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rthdx wrote:
Haunt In The Dark wrote:
Then why just not put out a nice demo instead?

Because it's 5th full-length studio album of the band, at least! Laughing

And who said there'll be no CD and tape versions, btw? Rolling Eyes

After 4 full-lengths there aren't enough people into them to make sure 300 copies of the LP version of their 5th album will sell out? If you press more CDs and tapes, then the LP will just be another object for dumb collectors to put in their Expedit and not listen to. I'd be sad if the labels releasing my music wouldn't deem it worthy to be more than just an object to kvlt with. And as a label I would question my reason for releasing such a thing and would eventually think about turning into more lucrative endeavours. Unless the reason I'm doing this (as a bandmember or a label owner) is to try to get some kind of recognition I don't manage to find in my regular life (not saying you do but you got my point I guess.)
rthdx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haunt In The Dark wrote:
After 4 full-lengths there aren't enough people into them to make sure 300 copies of the LP version of their 5th album will sell out?

Man. Try reading my posts, really. I've said I'll keep the record in press while demand lasts. But it's my holy right to start from a print-run I'm feeling comfortable to deal with in reasonable measures of time. You want me to flood my humble apartment with a bunch of boxes just to make everyone comfortable to obtain the record at any moment? Sorry, man, I'm releasing Black Metal and obviously don't like ppl very much... Smile I'm not reeling with target auditory on forums & social networks too. If you take a little time to overview my posts over here - you should be really narrow dude if you really think that they may help me to attract potential customers... Laughing I've been pissing on roosters for more than decade by now, and that's obviously not the best way to increase the sales in the "underground". Do I give a fuck? Try to guess from the first attempt. Razz
bigcartel
youtube
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not narrow, I know exactly what you mean (even if I do not share your point of view regarding the matter) and I suppose your last post speaks for itself.

I guess I'll stop here and let people discuss this record if they want to, no need for me to clutter that thread even more.
astralvesl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The price probably should be a little more humble for 4 songs (though about ~40 minutes) from a relatively unknown band. Whatever though, sample sounds pretty awesome.
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haunt In The Dark wrote:
I'm not narrow, I know exactly what you mean (even if I do not share your point of view regarding the matter) and I suppose your last post speaks for itself.

I guess I'll stop here and let people discuss this record if they want to, no need for me to clutter that thread even more.

Your point was valid but you nailed the wrong target here. Not to add that this album is good, very good indeed.

TSK releases don't seem to sell that fast, even if there some hidden gems there, and I don't think 111 copies will go away very fast in this case too, so it's most probably enough.
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really can't believe there's such commotion over an LP thats only fucking SIXTEEN DOLLARS

If you can't afford 16 bucks for a record then stop buying records

I get that one of the main arguments is that 'oh this LP is only a fold cover and blank labels', but as stated above there are fixed costs that exist when pressing an LP regardless of whether or not 1 is made or 100,000. $16 for an LP pressed to 111 copies is not extortionate by any means.

Rainbo Records wrote:
100 12" in White Jackets- $879.00

Includes: White Jackets with Hole, White Inner Sleeve, Shrink-wrap. $1.80 each for additional LP's.

I can almost guarantee that Final Agony's cost price per unit (after ALL factors are considered) is over $10 per unit.
rthdx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing thread. Razz It's a pure awesomeness how ppl like to count others funds... Laughing "There are no expensive things, some ppl just have lack of money" (c) nameless Russian oligarch from 90ies, risen from the very bottom.

Listen for free: http://rthdxfff.bandcamp.com/album/rotten and download lossless via torrents. Noone gives a slightest piece of fuck... Smile
bigcartel
youtube
deathplague80

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotten
astralvesl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone get theirs/hear anything? I ordered on the 1st and sent them an email the same day, never got a confirmation or a response. Only reason I ask is 'cause I haven't ordered from him before.
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been dealing with him for some time now and I'd say there's no need to worry
eighthplague

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's always "that asshole" in these threads. Bitching about a record costing $16? Laughing Get a fucking clue.
rthdx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
There's always "that asshole" in these threads. Bitching about a record costing $16? Laughing Get a fucking clue.

Well, probably, he is selling his arse for less, so that's the source of a problem? Crying or Very sad
bigcartel
youtube
MT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wanted to let you all know that this is one really great record!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: