P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Pestilentia - Rotten LP (Limited to 111 copies)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deathplague80

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Pestilentia - Rotten LP (Limited to 111 copies) Reply with quote

Pestilentia - Rotten LP
Debut full length from one of the most promising underground acts from Belarus.
Harrowing, Cold & Pestilential Black Metal

Limited to 111 copies in fold-over covers

Sample: Rotting Flesh

ORDER HERE: STORE

Also out today to save on shipping: Krüel Kömmando / Total Genocide - Kamp Satan LP + 7" (Limited to 150 copies)

Out Now:
Ormgård - Ormblot LP
Myling - Sotpuke LP
Circle of Ouroborus - Maailma Kohoaa Ja Uppoaaaa LP
Charnel Winds - Der Teufelsbund LP

Last edited by deathplague80 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
paul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Pestilentia - Rotten LP (Limited to 111 copies) Reply with quote

deathplague80 wrote:

Out April:
Ormgård - Ormblot LP
Myling - Sotpuke LP
Circle of Ouroborus - Maailma Kohoaa Ja Uppoaaaa LP
Charnel Winds - Der Teufelsbund LP

Shocked
Hobophobic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

svpport. ordered!

holy ghost wrote:

So basically... who gives a cats whiskers?
axegrinder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any distributors for this in Europe?
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol @ black LPs with plain white labels costing $16.
Holocaust

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haunt In The Dark wrote:

Seriously. haha. how come punk bands put out their own Lps and it costs 10 dollars brand new? Tragedy for example, the LPs looks great, yet they are like 9 or 10 dollars in the store. I need to look into this more.
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say, convenience store. We lived above it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocaust wrote:
Haunt In The Dark wrote:

Seriously. haha. how come punk bands put out their own Lps and it costs 10 dollars brand new? Tragedy for example, the LPs looks great, yet they are like 9 or 10 dollars in the store. I need to look into this more.

Tragedy probably made 5000 copies of their LP; they certianly pressed at least a few thousand to start. This is 111 copies. The same exact costs for plating,mastering, design, etc. All the same basic costs, then spread that cost out across 111 LPs instead of thousands. Plus smaller runs cost more per unit to produce due to pressing plant set-up fees & minimum labor costs. And Tragedy also self-release, whereas with this royalty copies have to be shipped overseas to the band.

Are you people really that retarded? Fukk off and die already, cunts. Start your own label, see how much money it sucks up, then bitch about other people charging the equivalent of the pay for less than one hour's labor for an album you'll hopefully listen to many times.

Back on topic: I'll be stocking some copies of this at Analog Worship. Good to see this underrated album finally getting the vinyl treatment as it deserves.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Monad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyosefx wrote:
Good to see this underrated album finally getting the vinyl treatment as it deserves.

Totally agreed. "Mourn the Living" is another forgotten recording not to be missed as well.
Keep your eyes on Battlesk'rs website for something else in the coming weeks Twisted Evil
rthdx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! I'll upload the whole album to bandcamp a bit later on. 20 copies of CD-box left it stock and I swear by my left testicle that this album won't be ever re-released in CD format. Twisted Evil

The resound of cracking butts about prices/plain white labels/etc. are extremely hellcome! Please, continue! Cool
bigcartel
youtube
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyosefx wrote:
Holocaust wrote:
Haunt In The Dark wrote:

Tragedy probably made 5000 copies of their LP; they certianly pressed at least a few thousand to start. This is 111 copies. The same exact costs for plating,mastering, design, etc. All the same basic costs, then spread that cost out across 111 LPs instead of thousands. Plus smaller runs cost more per unit to produce due to pressing plant set-up fees & minimum labor costs. And Tragedy also self-release, whereas with this royalty copies have to be shipped overseas to the band.

Are you people really that retarded? Fukk off and die already, cunts. Start your own label, see how much money it sucks up, then bitch about other people charging the equivalent of the pay for less than one hour's labor for an album you'll hopefully listen to many times.

Back on topic: I'll be stocking some copies of this at Analog Worship. Good to see this underrated album finally getting the vinyl treatment as it deserves.

I released records before, distro-ed them too, been in bands that put out stuff, etc.. I know how much those things cost and am not talking out of my ass. Releasing an LP to 111 copies is the POOREST choice a label can make to recoup its costs, hence forcing it to sell a cheaply-made record to ridiculous prices. For $16, I expect slightly more than a "fold-over cover" and blank labels to be honest. But the fact is that this band is from Belarus, that hardly anyone has heard of them (for valid reasons or not, I don't care) and that dumb limitations is the only argument the label can find to "shift his units." (No direct/personal attack to Final Agony by the way, it's more about the arguments used and what they mean. What's the point of promoting a band if you actually don't make its music available to as many people as possible?)

It's the perfect example of what's wrong in the metal scene nowadays. As soon as a band puts out a hastily made demo or uploads MP3s on their bandcamp, there's someone ready to press their music on vinyl and morons eager to buy it because it's more about the object, limitations and whatnot than the music itself (or so it seems most of the time.) Gotta catch 'em all, blahblahblah. There's no hard work from the bands anymore, and we're drowning in an overwhelming steaming pile of useless über-expensive mediocre releases.
rthdx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haunt In The Dark, please answer honestly, if possible: does anyone forces you under torture to buy ANY releases (cheap/expensive/overhyped/underrated/etc.)?

Back on topic. Total amount of "Rotten" released is:

CD-box: 333
Pro-tape: 100
LP: 111

Total: 544 material copies.

If anyone think that such amount is "ridiculously small in order to kvlt", well, I even don't want to comment that... Laughing
bigcartel
youtube
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honest answer: NO.

But that's not the point. Would you release 333 copies of this LP (with proper labels) and sell them for 12€ ?

Also, as evidenced by some posts on this board, some people feel the need to buy several versions of the same records, or all the formats in which the records have been released, and labels deliberately cater to them by releasing those albums with different artworks and whatnot.
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather spend $16 on an LP with something worthwhile in the grooves as opposed to something shitty with a fancy jacket.
rthdx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haunt In The Dark wrote:
But that's not the point. Would you release 333 copies of this LP (with proper labels) and sell them for 12€ ?

We'll see. Wink Speaking of my nearest LP release, I'll do 100 for the beginning, numbered, but not limited to a certain amount. And will keep it in press while demand lasts. Maybe will do 200 more in the second turn. But no way I'd do 300+ pieces in one time (though I know that self-cost will be seriously lower) as I don't need extra boxes taking my living space and air around for unpredictable time. Wink
bigcartel
youtube
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen_Empire wrote:
I'd rather spend $16 on an LP with something worthwhile in the grooves as opposed to something shitty with a fancy jacket.

Likewise, but again, that's not the point. Think about how many people rush out to buy Black Twilght stuff when it comes out in spite of the expensive prices and poor dubbing/sound/music quality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: