P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

DAI - The Advent
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Törrmentor



Joined: 11 Sep 2008
Posts: 539
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: DAI - The Advent Reply with quote

Does anybody else like this album?
Not a masterpiece, but rather enjoyable.
Was this album ever released on vinyl?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dalecooper



Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 2849
Location: Athens, GA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like it, and never hear anything about it. Picked up the CD on eBay for $20 about a year ago.
_________________
http://unspeakableaxerecords.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
peterott



Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Posts: 4632
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting and strange record.

I was once told that this is one of the three lost Monitor LPs (Svaty Vincent 2nd LP, Törr - Klavido... LP, DAI - LP) but I am not sure here.
_________________
Tradelist + Good Traders:
www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1339
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Törrmentor



Joined: 11 Sep 2008
Posts: 539
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Often labeled as black metal, but I think there is much death metal in their sound. Especially the vocals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dalecooper



Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 2849
Location: Athens, GA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Törrmentor wrote:
Often labeled as black metal, but I think there is much death metal in their sound. Especially the vocals.


That's pretty common to a certain kind of black metal though - mostly bands from Greece and Italy. I don't think their music is all that death metal-influenced.
_________________
http://unspeakableaxerecords.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CR99



Joined: 26 May 2007
Posts: 9564
Location: M�lheim an der Ruhr/Germany

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
Very interesting and strange record.

I was once told that this is one of the three lost Monitor LPs (Svaty Vincent 2nd LP, Törr - Klavido... LP, DAI - LP) but I am not sure here.


Really? When was it released?
_________________
Good/Bad traders list
Trade/Salelist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronBloodBlasphemy



Joined: 11 May 2006
Posts: 1133

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
peterott wrote:
Very interesting and strange record.

I was once told that this is one of the three lost Monitor LPs (Svaty Vincent 2nd LP, Törr - Klavido... LP, DAI - LP) but I am not sure here.


Really? When was it released?
never saw a vinyl version, nor do I know anyone has one. I really don't think it exists. Excellent cd though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CR99



Joined: 26 May 2007
Posts: 9564
Location: M�lheim an der Ruhr/Germany

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronBloodBlasphemy wrote:
CR99 wrote:
peterott wrote:
Very interesting and strange record.

I was once told that this is one of the three lost Monitor LPs (Svaty Vincent 2nd LP, Törr - Klavido... LP, DAI - LP) but I am not sure here.


Really? When was it released?
never saw a vinyl version, nor do I know anyone has one. I really don't think it exists. Excellent cd though.


Same was said about the Törr and Svaty Vincent albums.
_________________
Good/Bad traders list
Trade/Salelist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronBloodBlasphemy



Joined: 11 May 2006
Posts: 1133

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
IronBloodBlasphemy wrote:
CR99 wrote:
peterott wrote:
Very interesting and strange record.

I was once told that this is one of the three lost Monitor LPs (Svaty Vincent 2nd LP, Törr - Klavido... LP, DAI - LP) but I am not sure here.


Really? When was it released?
never saw a vinyl version, nor do I know anyone has one. I really don't think it exists. Excellent cd though.


Same was said about the Törr and Svaty Vincent albums.
those have been seen w/plenty of pics over the years. This one, if pressed, never made it out of a box
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
peterott



Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Posts: 4632
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I've written: "I am not sure".
_________________
Tradelist + Good Traders:
www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1339
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Voodoo Idol



Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 671

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great album. They sound like the first Root album mixed with the Assesor album. Criminally overlooked, although that seems to be the label's obscurity's fault if anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DESECRATOR777



Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 1705
Location: satan island, ny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great shit and i love the logo art.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Violent_Scimitar



Joined: 08 Oct 2008
Posts: 93
Location: JL America

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last 2 tracks have the greatest vocals in the history of extreme metal, period.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chicken_Dance



Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Posts: 701
Location: Melbourne

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great album. Great band! I've never seen the LP, either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Voodoo Idol



Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 671

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the demo in the picture? How does that one compare to The Advent? And yeah, the vocal chords on that guy are no joke.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group