P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Lazy answer DISTROS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say, convenience store. We lived above it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I'll get 50+ e-mails & messages in one day just for the label & Discogs... that's on top of whatever orders I get through the webstore. Yes, sometimes it takes more than a day or two to reply when you're a one-man operation. Most of us have other jobs, girlfriends/wives, social lives, other obligations... a few days is NOT an unreasonable amount of time to wait for a reply.

Mailorder before the internet must have really sucked for a person with so little patience.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Ătergap

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Lazy answer DISTROS Reply with quote

lordnausea wrote:
Blackberry / Smartphone

Maybe some distro owners missed to ask Santa for one of this .

Again and again happens and again and again I ask how nowadays can someone spend more than 48 hours (and waiting) to ask a fucking ORDER ( money to your distro) email.

Can┤t spend 15 minutes each day to check the mail?

Bad way to manage a commerce.

Hey assclown!

This must be one of the stupidest threads in a long time...
People who are running underground distros actually have other things in life to do than jerking off in front of the computer screen 24/7. Really it's true.

Last edited by Ătergap on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordnausea wrote:

Conclusions:

-People who runs FAST day-to-day underground labels doesnt have lots of other things in their lives.

Sophism at its best!

Is it necessary to explain someone of the instant gratification generation how things do work in the background of your little fantasy?

A hint: fast distros are usually full-time operations, sometimes with employees.
lordnausea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:
lordnausea wrote:

Conclusions:

-People who runs FAST day-to-day underground labels doesnt have lots of other things in their lives.

Sophism at its best!

Is it necessary to explain someone of the instant gratification generation how things do work in the background of your little fantasy?

A hint: fast distros are usually full-time operations, sometimes with employees.

Usually, and fortunately not always.

http://dolorydisciplina.blogspot.com.es/
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day job + label work = I probably work 70 - 80 hours a week when things are busy and 60 hours when things aren't (which is becoming more and more rare)
lordnausea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyosefx wrote:
Sometimes I'll get 50+ e-mails & messages in one day just for the label & Discogs... that's on top of whatever orders I get through the webstore. Yes, sometimes it takes more than a day or two to reply when you're a one-man operation. Most of us have other jobs, girlfriends/wives, social lives, other obligations... a few days is NOT an unreasonable amount of time to wait for a reply.

Mailorder before the internet must have really sucked for a person with so little patience.

Sometimes, sure. But sometimes, no? Not always I hope you have such amount of work.

And this you wrote must be directly related to the size of the label, don┤t you think?

And the answer is...again... why some small labels runned by one or two persons always ask really fast?

I think, im almost sure, is the attitude, but of course I belive in the overdose of work.

Dalen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry in case I hijack your thread but you just reminded me I wanted to place an order from Mistress Dance Records some weeks (or was it months?) ago and they didn't answer at all. I haven't ordered from them before though so I don't know, is that distro/label still active?
lordnausea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen_Empire wrote:
Day job + label work = I probably work 70 - 80 hours a week when things are busy and 60 hours when things aren't (which is becoming more and more rare)

This is good example and the reason why I admire and appreciate people who run with dedication a label. And the results of this dedication are obvious. It makes the difference.

lordnausea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Lazy answer DISTROS Reply with quote

Ătergap wrote:
lordnausea wrote:
Blackberry / Smartphone

Maybe some distro owners missed to ask Santa for one of this .

Again and again happens and again and again I ask how nowadays can someone spend more than 48 hours (and waiting) to ask a fucking ORDER ( money to your distro) email.

Can┤t spend 15 minutes each day to check the mail?

Bad way to manage a commerce.

Hey assclown!

This must be one of the stupidest threads in a long time...
People who are running underground distros actually have other things in life to do than jerking off in front of the computer screen 24/7. Really it's true.

Have you tried to jerk off behind the screen?

xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say, convenience store. We lived above it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordnausea wrote:
xyosefx wrote:

Sometimes, sure. But sometimes, no? Not always I hope you have such amount of work.

And this you wrote must be directly related to the size of the label, don┤t you think?

And the answer is...again... why some small labels runned by one or two persons always ask really fast?

I think, im almost sure, is the attitude, but of course I belive in the overdose of work.

Actually, that's not atypical. Between label stuff & Discogs I'm usually dealing with 40 or so orders in a normal a week (which is small potatoes), along with another couple hundred random queries and trade e-mails. When I have a new release or a big distro update, or when I put a ton of stuff on Discogs, that can go up to 100 or more orders in a week, and substantially more e-mails. And this is a VERY small label, not my job. Compared to Dark Descent or NWN! or Iron Bonehead I'm not even on the map as far as order & e-mail volume goes.

I'll often not check my e-mail at all for 3 or 4 days... I'll leave town to go to a show, or to visit folks, or I'll just be too buy with non-computer life. And every time I have people FREAKING OUT that I haven't replied to their e-mail about their order/offer/trade/whatever.

As for why some labels answer more quickly:

-you happen to catch them on their computer with an easy order/question
-they don't have another job
-they have several people helping them that you don't know about
-they have the compulsive need to immediately reply to every e-mail they get
-they have no outside lie
-they have a job where they can be on the computer all day and no one pays much attention to what they're actually doing

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
ADB

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes people just can't fucked looking at their e-mail every single day. When you have a long day at work then get home and fuck your girlfriend all night; then go to work the next day and catch up with mates at the pub then write some riffs when you get home; then go to work the next day and play a bit of xbox before fucking your girlfriend again; then go camping for a few days, sometimes e-mails are the last thing on your mind.
lordnausea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyosefx wrote:
lordnausea wrote:
xyosefx wrote:

Actually, that's not atypical. Between label stuff & Discogs I'm usually dealing with 40 or so orders in a normal a week (which is small potatoes), along with another couple hundred random queries and trade e-mails. When I have a new release or a big distro update, or when I put a ton of stuff on Discogs, that can go up to 100 or more orders in a week, and substantially more e-mails. And this is a VERY small label, not my job. Compared to Dark Descent or NWN! or Iron Bonehead I'm not even on the map as far as order & e-mail volume goes.

I'll often not check my e-mail at all for 3 or 4 days... I'll leave town to go to a show, or to visit folks, or I'll just be too buy with non-computer life. And every time I have people FREAKING OUT that I haven't replied to their e-mail about their order/offer/trade/whatever.

As for why some labels answer more quickly:

-you happen to catch them on their computer with an easy order/question
-they don't have another job
-they have several people helping them that you don't know about
-they have the compulsive need to immediately reply to every e-mail they get
-they have no outside lie
-they have a job where they can be on the computer all day and no one pays much attention to what they're actually doing

So you don┤t belive that some people simply works harder to make a fast comunication?

Anyway, you have the point, you better than many of us (included me) know what you are talking about cos you have a label.

But Im sure Im not wrong If I afirm that over many factors, attitude makes the diference.

Time to sleep!

Buenas noches cachondos!

lordnausea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADB wrote:
Sometimes people just can't fucked looking at their e-mail every single day. When you have a long day at work then get home and fuck your girlfriend all night; then go to work the next day and catch up with mates at the pub then write some riffs when you get home; then go to work the next day and play a bit of xbox before fucking your girlfriend again; then go camping for a few days, sometimes e-mails are the last thing on your mind.

Checking mails while you are giving your sausage to your girlfriend is beyond impolite!!

Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason 'lazy distros' exist is because it is very easy to start one up. There are no real barriers to entry, so anybody who thinks it seems cool can open one up. After a while, the initial excitement subsides and most of the time this new distro was not needed in the first place, so the person behind it stops caring so much.

Keeping up on new releases, re-stocking older releases, ordering, trading, processing orders, communicating with customers etc etc is enough to make most heads spin. Distro work is more menial and less glamorous than label work.

xyosefx wrote:

This is what allows me to put time and effort into the label/distro and still stay sane hahaha. I work from home and have no specific hours, its quite ideal actually. I have made a decision to sacrifice seeking a better 'real job' in order to keep building upon what I have going right now.
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADB wrote:

Some emails get mixed up in massive delete missions. You may have an email from some guy offering you his latest shit splattering gore grind releases next to a band that has influences such as "Cult Of Luna, Ulcerate, Converge, Isis and Meshuggah" (see the quotes, true stuff) and some just get caught up in the crossfire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: