P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

The Devil's Blood is no more.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NuclearGoatVomit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me where was this interview, where he talked about the depression, beliefs etc....It was very interesting.
Professor Black

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that guy was in Powervice?
Mr_Belvedere

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah!!!! Damn, that's the news of the day! Fuck them!!! So glad this shit is over!!! Hurray!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuclearGoatVomit wrote:
Can anyone tell me where was this interview, where he talked about the depression, beliefs etc....It was very interesting.

The one where he had a swastika in the window? That was on youtube.
NuclearGoatVomit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Thank you!!!
robotdie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I missed them with In Solitude last time they were around, was hoping i'd get to see them live. Bummer.
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Belvedere wrote:
Yeah!!!! Damn, that's the news of the day! Fuck them!!! So glad this shit is over!!! Hurray!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

If the best news you received all day was the fact that a band broke up, you must be more depressed than the band that you were glad broke up. Don't give up. Tomorrow will be better. Trust in Jeebus! Very Happy
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
NK7 wrote:
I've never checked out a single note from this band and my present connection doesn't allow me to open youtube or dl, did I miss on anything spectacular? The Watain rip off name and lousy '70ies logo was enough to keep me far from their records, care to explain in a few words what their music sounds like?

Early Heart mixed with a little Blue Oyster Cult, maybe. Catchy rock with psychedelic overtones and Satanic lyrics.

Thanks. Definitely nothing I'll ever give two shits about, I'm honestly surprised to see that goatfago fans actually dig this stuff. I'm sure they only do so because of the black metal references (I assume that's where the band originates from), obviously there must be a million bands from the '70ies doing that style better which the average TDB fan ignores.
frostjunkie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And in other news: http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=185346
terror_mit_uns

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they had a good run.
tunguska218

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuclearGoatVomit wrote:

This one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp6hILeDMHE
dalecooper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:

Thanks. Definitely nothing I'll ever give two shits about, I'm honestly surprised to see that goatfago fans actually dig this stuff.

Can't speak for anybody else but I like some goatfago stuff and TDB. I like early Heart and Blue Oyster Cult, too. I don't think it's all that weird; lots of metalheads like less-overplayed classic rock.

On your other point, I think it's weird to be that stridently opposed to something you admit you've never even listened to. Tends to make me think you have non-musical reasons for disliking it, which is about as beside the point and uninteresting to me as possible. Personally I think TDB is a good band; they write very listenable songs and the subject matter is interesting to me for the same reason it's interesting when black metal bands sing about it.

I actually think some classic rock songs have a very eerie and evil feeling in them, like the breakdown in "Magic Man" with the Wilson sisters wordlessly harmonizing. Always kind of wondered what it would be like if a band like that sang more overtly about the kind of shit many of those bands (e.g. the Stones, Led Zep) were dabbling in in the 60s and 70s - witchcraft, devil worship, etc. A couple minor bands like Coven actually did get into it explicitly, but they were few and far between. So when bands like TDB came along, it seemed like a very natural thing to me, and satisfied a void. It wasn't strictly a novelty thing (in other words, I really don't need to hear a Satanic boy band. Actually, scratch that - I kind of do want to hear that).

Last edited by dalecooper on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
eighthplague

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
dalecooper wrote:
NK7 wrote:
I've never checked out a single note from this band and my present connection doesn't allow me to open youtube or dl, did I miss on anything spectacular? The Watain rip off name and lousy '70ies logo was enough to keep me far from their records, care to explain in a few words what their music sounds like?

Early Heart mixed with a little Blue Oyster Cult, maybe. Catchy rock with psychedelic overtones and Satanic lyrics.

Thanks. Definitely nothing I'll ever give two shits about, I'm honestly surprised to see that goatfago fans actually dig this stuff. I'm sure they only do so because of the black metal references (I assume that's where the band originates from), obviously there must be a million bands from the '70ies doing that style better which the average TDB fan ignores.

The connection to black metal seems tenuous. The guy played in stoner rock bands, I believe, and was a live member of Watain for a time. You should just check it out when you're in a place to listen to music instead of relying on descriptions. For instance, the description given to you is fairly accurate actually, but if I hadn't heard them and someone told me that, I doubt I'd have bothered. They're good.
Ough

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meeeehhhhhhhh

Last edited by Ough on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
NK7 wrote:

Thanks. Definitely nothing I'll ever give two shits about, I'm honestly surprised to see that goatfago fans actually dig this stuff.

Can't speak for anybody else but I like some goatfago stuff and TDB. I like early Heart and Blue Oyster Cult, too. I don't think it's all that weird; lots of metalheads like less-overplayed classic rock.

On your other point, I think it's weird to be that stridently opposed to something you admit you've never even listened to. Tends to make me think you have non-musical reasons for disliking it.

Not at all and in all honesty I didn't mean to sound irrespectful to TDB fans. I'm not into that style hence I doubt I could ever get a kick from a 2013 band doing '70ies rock but I'll definitely check them out as soon as I decide that stealing my neighbour's wi-fi isn't all that fun any longer. My point was that I find it odd that people who would normally listen to fagometal are into this stuff -but then again, I listen to Beherit and turbofolk so who am I to judge. No need to freak out boys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: