P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Black metal movie at Sundance film festival 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
astralvesl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
"black metal was never meant to be exclusionary or antagonistic". Laughing

What kind of idiot.... even a cursory glance at the genre makes it look like it was founded upon both of those qualities.
ADB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
.aske wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
One of the main guys who worked on (wrote?) this turd is actually a pretty good True Crime author. His next book coming out is a Phil Anselmo autobiography Laughing

http://www.amazon.com/Corey-Mitchell/e/B001I9QLJ6

How does one person write an autobiography for someone else? That's impossible.

I think it's because Phil is most likely illiterate and dictates it to this guy.
It's actually a pretty common thing to have another person involved in an autobiography... sometimes the person telling the story needs help to get the best material out, or just help with the actual writing of the book itself.
Kinda like how a personal trainer works with a person, to get the best results out of them . This was obviously the case with Ozzy's autobiography.... one can only imagine the mess that thing would be if it was Ozzy going it alone with a pen and paper. Laughing

Edit : here's the story about it. Mitchell will "Co-author" Anselmo's autobiography.
http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/08/27/book-deal-for-phil-anselmos-autobiography-finalized/

I think that this is actually a biography by anybody else's definition of the word. The only reason it's being called an autobiography is so Anselmo gets a writing credit (and some royalties) or because some people still don't understand what AUTObiography means
Kojiri

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If black metal is the Royal Order of the Water Buffalo, is Fenriz the Grand Poobah?

What number is everyone? Like the Stonecutters, do we get assigned a number based on the order in which we joined?

Any mysticism involved is created willfully by the minds of people who don't want to think of it as human beings playing instruments like every other musician alive. Which it really is, when you get right down to it. I mean when artists give themselves pseudonyms and cover their faces, do they actually become reptilian space overlords not of this dimension? Foppish showmanship. They know their audience... rather, they know the audience they want to have.

I can't really think of another genre in which artists go out of their way to pick what kind of people they want listening to their music, before they even write it, more than underground black metal. I mean besides white power music. In that way it's quite a beautiful mind-meld between artist and fan. Both know it's a game, but in that sense the game becomes the most vividly real thing ever.

Though I understand the frustration of the mysticism becoming mainstream. Without the unknown elements staying unknown, all we have to fall back on is the music, which is great, but is it enough to feel a part of something "elite" and unique, without all of the secrecy? Probably not. So the uniqueness of the metal elite club just becomes the boring old tale of some guys who are really into music.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
multicide

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question is why is black metal so popular nowadays to deserve such attention? Is it because of a few funny youtube black metal videos? The genre's been stagnant since the 90's, you'd think it would have been forgotten by now.
ADB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

multicide wrote:
My question is why is black metal so popular nowadays to deserve such attention? Is it because of a few funny youtube black metal videos? The genre's been stagnant since the 90's, you'd think it would have been forgotten by now.

I'm not saying it was hipsters, but it was hipsters.

And no, it hasn't been stagnant since the 90's
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying black metal started sucking after/stagnated/died/whatever in the 90s while posting on a forum more or less dedicated to the genre in 2013 makes you look like a fucking retard. Rolling Eyes
ADB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsbearsbears wrote:
Saying black metal started sucking after/stagnated/died/whatever in the 90s while posting on a forum more or less dedicated to the genre in 2013 makes you look like a fucking retard. Rolling Eyes

hahahaha, pretty much!
eighthplague

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll never understand why someone would stick around listening to a genre of music they think has sucked for 20 years.
ADK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
I'll never understand why someone would stick around listening to a genre of music they think has sucked for 20 years.

Because you can still listen the classics exclusively?

There's still a lot to discover from the "golden 90ies", even if you have been around then already.
multicide

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADK wrote:
eighthplague wrote:

There's still a lot to discover from the "golden 90ies", even if you have been around then already.

Pretty much this. And the hope ill find a new band or album that is of quality. And my point was black metal isn't as fresh and full of great bands like it was before yet people still want to make a million documentaries on it, especially on stuff that happened 20 years ago. I don't see death metal getting the same response.
Kojiri

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

multicide wrote:
ADK wrote:
eighthplague wrote:

Pretty much this. And the hope ill find a new band or album that is of quality. And my point was black metal isn't as fresh and full of great bands like it was before yet people still want to make a million documentaries on it, especially on stuff that happened 20 years ago. I don't see death metal getting the same response.

Death metal doesn't get the same response because outsiders consider it low-art compared to black metal.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
Deathcrusher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't see why this is such a big deal.
slokopdeborrel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.aske wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
This was obviously the case with Ozzy's autobiography.... one can only imagine the mess that thing would be if it was Ozzy going it alone with a pen and paper. Laughing

Lol

It would be written like:

"ah i heg heaha ag$ha ha#%^ha ,je$ghai"

Laughing
Probably a true story.
SoundsOfDecay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like I should be fucked off about this but it just isn't worth even acknowledging for a split second. Black Metal should be about individuality and no stupid movie by a bunch of clueless idiots is gonna take away from my own conceptions (the only thing that matters, in my case and in yours) despite their best attempts at ruining it all.
ADB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoundsOfDecay wrote:
I feel like I should be fucked off about this but it just isn't worth even acknowledging for a split second. Black Metal should be about individuality and no stupid movie by a bunch of clueless idiots is gonna take away from my own conceptions (the only thing that matters, in my case and in yours) despite their best attempts at ruining it all.

You have to admit that they are doing a good job of trying to fag up black metal as much as possible Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: