P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Best Black Metal country?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your favorite country when it comes to Black Metal?
Norway
28%
 28%  [ 66 ]
Sweden
11%
 11%  [ 27 ]
Finland
20%
 20%  [ 49 ]
Canada
8%
 8%  [ 20 ]
France
8%
 8%  [ 20 ]
USA
3%
 3%  [ 8 ]
Spain
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Italy
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Poland
7%
 7%  [ 17 ]
Greece
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 234

Buttcam

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Prophet Muhammad wrote:
Sargeist

For your information.
CrucifixionWounds

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrucifixionWounds wrote:
mithrandir wrote:
Norway, still undefeatable, for the concentration of sheer creativity of the early/mid 90s,

Pretty much. I mean, if this poll's focus were on the current scene, things would be quite different, I imagine.

Currently? Simple. It's France. Think about how wildly influential DSO has been; France practically spawned the "third wave" of black metal.

Its still not "simple", but yeah, France would definitely be in the running for me too.

This is way too easy, come on. Just put whatever personal preferences you have aside and the choice is clear.
The Prophet Muhammad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buttcam wrote:
Sargeist

For your information.

I always fuck up this kind of shit Mad

Thanks for the correction. Just one more point for Finland..
passetiermes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greece or Norway.
This thread begs the question; where's Marcos?
cultofvomit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cultofvomit wrote:
OPINIONS: any opinion about norway is influenced by burned churches and murders. there's no objectivity about norwegian black metal music.

to burn churches DOESN'T mean you are good in creating black metal music. Some guys, actually, were good in both performing excellent music and using lighter+gasoline, most part of others were not.

now i stop this shit, you guys worshipping norsecore are like muslims for hallah, norway is the "sacred entity", the "untouchable one", the supreme spirit of black metal. crap.

You actually believe the retarded shit you just wrote? You aren't exactly on a forum full of burzum-worshipping mallcore kids. People who listed Norway were quite clear about its merits, and while some of the church burning social-antics bands do deserve mentioning, it is despite this shit, not because of it. I said Norway because of bands like Kvist, Obtained Enslavement, Kaevum, Taake, Tsjuder, Sargeist and so on

nothing else to add. case dismissed.
you're a fucking moron

Blutkvlt wrote:
For some reason I was confusing Asphyx with Pestilence, who suck

good deals: corporis, Merkavah, BloodVengeance, Decimator
blacknuclearhellstorm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's kind of funny is that two of my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE black metal bands are from Italy and the US (Tenebrae In Perpetuum + Black Witchery) - two of the countries that have received the fewest votes.
The Prophet Muhammad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cultofvomit wrote:
cultofvomit wrote:
OPINIONS: any opinion about norway is influenced by burned churches and murders. there's no objectivity about norwegian black metal music.

to burn churches DOESN'T mean you are good in creating black metal music. Some guys, actually, were good in both performing excellent music and using lighter+gasoline, most part of others were not.

now i stop this shit, you guys worshipping norsecore are like muslims for hallah, norway is the "sacred entity", the "untouchable one", the supreme spirit of black metal. crap.

You actually believe the retarded shit you just wrote? You aren't exactly on a forum full of burzum-worshipping mallcore kids. People who listed Norway were quite clear about its merits, and while some of the church burning social-antics bands do deserve mentioning, it is despite this shit, not because of it. I said Norway because of bands like Kvist, Obtained Enslavement, Kaevum, Taake, Tsjuder, Sargeist and so on

nothing else to add. case dismissed.

Yeah, I fucked up on the origins of a finnish band with a non-finnish name. I suppose that invalidates the others, does it?
Under Command

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't understand the greek thing. Most of the time they use an ugly drum machine, have a terrible sound and I don't even feel like its black metal. More like blackened death metal with heavy metal riffs thrown here and there...

I know I will piss off many people with this statement but I had to. Laughing
Frozen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
Greece or Norway.
This thread begs the question; where's Marcos?

I'm sure he would vote for Norway.
DIMTSAGARAKIS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under Command wrote:
I just don't understand the greek thing. Most of the time they use an ugly drum machine, have a terrible sound and I don't even feel like its black metal. More like blackened death metal with heavy metal riffs thrown here and there...

i'm very curious where are you from
and your age
Iscariah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me Norway, Sweden, Finland and Greece.
cultofvomit: what stories are you referring to from singer of Ancient from his time in Italy? Did he try to bite people on the neck and make hissing sounds like a little cat? At least he did when he was in Bergen when he visited back from Italy several years ago. Never liked him. He sat down with us since we have mutual friends and it was all ok but then it became very awkward and provoking. Also I agree on AoP...one of the best BM bands today.

LABEL (MORBOSIDAD / NOMINON SPLIT OUT NOW + DEATHCULT NORWAY CASSETTES):
www.edgedcircleproductions.com
Under Command

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DIMTSAGARAKIS wrote:
Under Command wrote:

and your age

Age between 25 and 30. I just don't see how it can be important in this discussion. Metal forums, always the same...
Jankowitch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted for France because of DIAPSIQUIR, PESTE NOIRE, S.V.E.S.T., HIMINBJORG, VLAD TEPES, NUIT NOIRE, SEIGNEUR VOLAND, BLESSED IN SIN...
DIMTSAGARAKIS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under Command wrote:
DIMTSAGARAKIS wrote:
Under Command wrote:

and your age

Age between 25 and 30. I just don't see how it can be important in this discussion. Metal forums, always the same...

you misunderstanding me. i was really curious. i'm a big fan of france black metal . the greek black metal have many death parts cause is the most early black metal scene ever.

Last edited by DIMTSAGARAKIS on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grim Reality

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedevilucifer wrote:
I understand your point but if you are into black metal for years,tell me is there more dark and evil material from Necromantia /Varathron split???
And this masterpiece of dark and occult art comes...from the land of Apollon!Sun,sea,ouzo and olive oil!
Also,you referred to Mortuary Drape.They are the definition of satanic and evil atmosphere in black metal!And they come from Mediterranean sea.(Hail Italy)
The only records who could approach this diabolic majesty is first two Samael.

I have definitely checked out albums by Necromantia and Varathron before after hearing them so highly spoken of but neither did a lot for me so never bothered since. But now after your recommendation I'm listening to some tracks from this split. Don't get me wrong I would much rather listen to this than some handicapped death metal or generic shouty thrash or even modern day fourth division corpsepaint norsegoons, but when it comes to BM I prefer other sounds.
I have already seen Rotting christ do their 'early days' set and didn't stick for the duration and I am seeing them do it again soon so I will give it another chance and maybe dig out 'Non Serviam' and 'Thy mighty' beforehand see if hits the spot better this time!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: