P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Best Black Metal country?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your favorite country when it comes to Black Metal?
Norway
28%
 28%  [ 66 ]
Sweden
11%
 11%  [ 27 ]
Finland
20%
 20%  [ 49 ]
Canada
8%
 8%  [ 20 ]
France
8%
 8%  [ 20 ]
USA
3%
 3%  [ 8 ]
Spain
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Italy
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Poland
7%
 7%  [ 17 ]
Greece
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 234

Cacique

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cultofvomit wrote:
Primitive wrote:
Ha the majority goes to norway? Looks like this forum has gone to shit, not that I've just recently discovered that. I vote canada.

/end
Frozen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Norwegian second wave gave Black Metal a sense of credibility. I can't think of a scene that has had a bigger impact.
Manawydan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finland for sure.
axe.crazy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finland
RitualWarCommand

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primitive wrote:
Ha the majority goes to norway? Looks like this forum has gone to shit, not that I've just recently discovered that. I vote canada.

Nice to see the real land of metal receive some recognition - Like the world needs another shitty lo fi album about the fucking weather. Norwegian BM is one big fucking label. An image, and a shit one at that.

I came to this board thinking it held discussion of dark music, not stereotypical cocksucking of skinny teenagers that stole their mothers makeup. Not trolling your board Yosuke. I support some of your terrific releases.
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blacknuclearhellstorm wrote:
asmael LeBouc wrote:
TEITANBLOOD IS FUCKING DEATH METAL MAGICK YOU MORONS

No matter what anyone says their music is far from pure death metal, a shitload of black metal elements in there.

“The point where Death Metal and Black Metal were not differenced.” in regards to TTNBLD's music from NSK himself. Also, it says both "Black Metal Death Magick" and "Death Metal Black Magick" in the WBA booklet.

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
Dalen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough choice. Norway. France comes second, then Sweden, then Greece, then US. Finland and Canada have some pretty great bands, but in comparison to the rest they're among my least favorites.
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asmael LeBouc wrote:
Finland.
I love ANTAEUS but historically they came way after Beherit and Archgoat and even Horna so, France's ruled out.

Beherit, yes, they're influential. Archgoat? I'm not sure.

That being said, think about the amount of Finnish bands that took the cue from the Concilium (both musically and ideologically) in the 90's and nowadays. And do you think Satanic Warmaster would have received so much attention if it weren't for the LLN influences in the artworks, etc...? (no offense to Werwolf, I'm discussing context, not music quality here.)

So I do get your point (I listen to more Finnish bands than French ones myself because unlike French bands, Finnish ones seem to know how to not come out as contrived or cheesy imho) but ruling out France for Finland seems a bit odd to me in a way...
Shoggoth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poland.
hevosrunkkari

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japan for now.

Voted for France though, both old and new bands, got so many my all time favorite bands. It would have been nice to specify poll either to past or current stuff. Now its apparent that most vote Norway due 90s efforts.
Kojiri

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chile

then Norway

then Finland.

I don't get the Norwegian hate. Actually yes I do. Insecure people like to sound knowledgeable and they don't like saying anything that a 15 year old with a torrent program would say, but it doesn't make Norway any less important for black metal.

That's like hating the Beatles because they're too popular.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
cultofvomit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haunt In The Dark wrote:
asmael LeBouc wrote:
Finland.
I love ANTAEUS but historically they came way after Beherit and Archgoat and even Horna so, France's ruled out.

Beherit, yes, they're influential. Archgoat? I'm not sure.

Archgoat not influential. ok. the discussion is at this point of development. very interesting.

also, why france is getting so many votes? ok, let me see: Antaeus, DSO, Hell Militia, Arkhon Infaustus...then? are you seriously thinking about les legiones noires? oh shit.

also, i never thought italy has "one of the best scene", not at all, but the Drape, Necromass, Black Prophecies, ALTAR OF PERVERSION (how fucking underrated is AoP???????), old Opera IX alone are absolutely NOT less than the french scene, perhaps better.

the anti-norwegian "trend" (trend? i'm insulting norway since 1994) cannot be gayer than the top 50 gayest bands came out from there. After seeing someone quoting TROLL i'm starting to believe there are more heterosexuals at the gaypride parade than on this board. enjoy your "black metal":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A5r8aHBHQs
you're a fucking moron

Blutkvlt wrote:
For some reason I was confusing Asphyx with Pestilence, who suck

good deals: corporis, Merkavah, BloodVengeance, Decimator
midgetviolence

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted Sweden simply because I like more bands from Sweden than from any other of these countries. Even if it would be "all kinds of metal" and not just BM. Sweden sucks at "bestial" metal though.
Norway is of course really important for all BM worldwide, although I did not burn churches with Varg in 1992 as everyone else posting here that is just a fact. But as other people have said, there are a lot of gay twats coming from Norway as well. But still, Mayhem, Burzum, Darkthrone and (early) Gorgoroth should be enough to like Norway. Sweden is still better though.
Kojiri

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cultofvomit wrote:

the anti-norwegian "trend" (trend? i'm insulting norway since 1994) cannot be gayer than the top 50 gayest bands came out from there. After seeing someone quoting TROLL i'm starting to believe there are more heterosexuals at the gaypride parade than on this board. enjoy your "black metal":

This 'black metal is dead since 94' shit is almost as funny as people who still jock Betamax and Laserdiscs as the best video formats.

So it's dead since 94? Whining about it for 19 years is really going to bring it back? Somewhere there's a 13 year old girl going through her first period who complains less than you.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
cultofvomit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kojiri wrote:
cultofvomit wrote:

This 'black metal is dead since 94' shit is almost as funny as people who still jock Betamax and Laserdiscs as the best video formats.

So it's dead since 94? Whining about it for 19 years is really going to bring it back? Somewhere there's a 13 year old girl going through her first period who complains less than you.

who said "is dead since 94"? "retarded" is your second name.

forum are awesome. you can come here and say something that HAS NOTHING to do with the reality. "is dead" is not the same as "i'm insulting", you quoted it, at least read before opening that cloaca you have in the mouth,
you're a fucking moron

Blutkvlt wrote:
For some reason I was confusing Asphyx with Pestilence, who suck

good deals: corporis, Merkavah, BloodVengeance, Decimator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14

Jump to: