P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

national Audio Company tape master question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ihslahm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: national Audio Company tape master question Reply with quote

I am placing an order though N.A.C. for pro dubbed tapes which were planned to be here by our gig's next week. Today I got a call about something to do with art they were trying to confirm before running my pressing today, and I had to tell them I had still never received a test pressing cassette to confirm the audio was correct as I had requested in the order form,. I therefor had never confirmed anything for pressing. I was told they could send a new master today, but that it would never get here in time for me to confirm, then press the full tape run and ship here in time by our deadline unless if we paid for the expedited shipping via UPS or FED EX. I also have the option of hearing only a test WAV master I could check from an FTP site today. That sounds strange because I sent them a WAV in the first place and I wasn't aware that you would need to make any mastering adjustments to make a cassette. other than making sure it doesn't pin into the red while recording. Since the volume of WAV doesn't tell me anything about how hot it is actually recorded onto tape I don't think I would learn anything from this audio master other than being sure it wasn't corrupt with glitches. According to the woman in charge of orders they have never had any problems with the audio test masters and doesn't think I need to worry about it. Does anyone here have experience with them and pressing things without getting an audio master?

Oh yeah, also I previously did a pressing of the art on tape with no audio recorded, so I know the art printed correctly. That much should not be an issue.
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make your own tapes for the show you'll save a lot of money and needless anxiety over getting these in time.

But on the topic of their work, it is great.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Statistics are on your side that they will come out okay without a test tape. I've done 4 tapes with NAC so far and haven't had to reject a test tape yet. However there is that slim chance that they can fuck things up and you'll get stuck with a bunch of messed up tapes.

If I were you I would just proceed without a test tape and risk it.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

PsychicViolence

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had to deny a test cassette from them, you should be ok risking it.
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Yosuke. I've had over a dozen tapes done through NAC and they've all sounded fine as have the test tapes. I think you'll be ok.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: