P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

LPs with extra CDs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfram wrote:
I love the Vn records description 'including listening copy on CD'. So you got to keep the actual records sealed, mint and unplayed in your smoke and dustfree safe and play the CD Laughing

I would be surprised if more than half of the people who buy die-heard versions of NWN records actually play them so it makes a tiny bit of sense, somehow.
boogs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Napalm Death "Time Waits For No Slave" (CM press) came with the CD. Costs for a CD without artwork should be much less than $1 when you do 1000 pcs.
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish every vinyl release came with a simple CDR. Fuck downloading or paying $8-12 (in most cases) for a CD version.
nitroblast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
I wish every vinyl release came with a simple CDR. Fuck downloading or paying $8-12 (in most cases) for a CD version.

I agree with this. A CD-R or download code with every release would be great. I've made a digital copy of all my records so I can listen to them away from home, but that's a pain to do every time I get a new record.
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitroblast wrote:
IXTAB wrote:

I agree with this. A CD-R or download code with every release would be great. I've made a digital copy of all my records so I can listen to them away from home, but that's a pain to do every time I get a new record.

I don't mind making a digital copy myself to be honest. It's sort of part of the ritual of getting a new record for me.

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

http://www.last.fm/user/carlzilla
ADB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archgoat - The Aeon of the Angelslaying Darkness

(at least my one did, because I bought the ultra spiffy version)

I actually quite like it, as it's 50 times easier to rip the CDs to my computer and chuck on my phone so I can listen to them at work, as well as having the nice vinyl when I'm kvlting in my bedroom. Rather than fucking around looking for the damn thing on blogspots just to get a digital version or trying to dub the vinyl on my computer (what a waste of fucking time for something I already own).
DSS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather have a copy of the CD come with my vinyl than a patch or sticker which will never get used. I know Wolf and Dark Tranquillity LPs came with a CD.
rauta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's wanky how including a cd promotes the idea of having a listening copy to go with your new collectible vinyl record. It's also a sign of the need-to-have-it-all -culture that's prevalent today. It's not always a bad thing to compromise a little by listening to something else on the go, you know, something you might already have on cd / tape or whatever.

As a tree-huggin' argument, I'm also not very fond of including stuff on releases because it would be cheap to do so. That's almost as reasonable as stuffing your pockets with free napkins at MacDonald's.

Perhaps I'm reading too much cultural nonsense intot he whole thing... Hah.
Ac!dM!nd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Crown / Doomsday King
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chances are it would never get played because my car doesn't have a cd player and i would listen to the LP at home.

my on the go music tends to be the tapes i own, or stuff i don't have in my collection so i have something different to listen to when im not at home.
Dalen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rauta wrote:
I think it's wanky how including a cd promotes the idea of having a listening copy to go with your new collectible vinyl record. It's also a sign of the need-to-have-it-all -culture that's prevalent today. It's not always a bad thing to compromise a little by listening to something else on the go, you know, something you might already have on cd / tape or whatever.

Well, personally speaking, I feel bored flipping sides after a while. I love vinyls, the format, the sound, everything about it, but there are times I just want to lay back and enjoy my music you know. Good reason why I own some stuff both on CDs and LPs.
TheUnborn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOLF (swe) "Legions Of Bastards" LP w/CD

I find it quite practical.
xxx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I buy most of my music on vinyl, I like it when those vinyls come with a cd or download dropcard or something, so I can actually play that stuff in my car as well (since my car doesn't have a vinyl player Embarassed )
Lhadriel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only by cds in boxset or if the release is not on vinyl.

I must admit that I listen mostly to mp3s on my PC, so therefore I find it quite nice to get a cd or dropcard included in my vinyls.
And a cd or cdr in a paper sleeve cost virtually nothing to produce, so it would be cool if they where included in all vinyl releases..
rauta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxx wrote:
Since I buy most of my music on vinyl, I like it when those vinyls come with a cd or download dropcard or something, so I can actually play that stuff in my car as well (since my car doesn't have a vinyl player Embarassed )

You should arrange for an Urfaust limo and a driver. I'm sure you can fit a turntable somewhere in the back. Here's what I'm thinking:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: