P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Hells Pleasure 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vincebus Eruptum

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Salvation replaced Antaeus and they did fucking well!!! Best gig Ive seen from them so far.
paralyzed

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Salvation were excellent! Didn't miss Antaeus at all...
Opolus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thazz some killer pix rigth there, Annick! Pisses me even more off now not attending again, due to work-related bullshit, for fuck's sake!! Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunatly I missed out on BÍLZER, IRKALLIAN ORACLE, and DEAD LORD due to horrible traffic, which was a shame since they were three bands I really wanted to see, but I arrived for VERMINOUS who killed it. VOMITOR also delivered as always and was a blast, and PORTAL was beyond amazing.

The day after started with VORUM which was a nice surprice. Never heard them before though I know the name. SVARTIDAUDI was a must and they nailed is, of course. Best band of the festival together with Portal. I tried not to see/hear ATTIC, but unfortunatly I did. Awful. NECROS CHRISTOS was excellent as always, and SATAN delivered and then some.

An amazing festival, I have to say. 1000 times better than last year. Cheers to everyone I met for the first time, to everyone I was an asshole to, to everyone I shared drinks and stories with, and to old friends. See ya next year.
ThulsaDooom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paralyzed wrote:
Black Salvation were excellent! Didn't miss Antaeus at all...

I had the exact opposite reaction as Antaeus was one of the top bands I wanted to see. Laughing I definitely did not enjoy Black Salvation but must give respect to them for filling in on such short notice. It's always better to hear a band than nothing at all.

Portal was unreal and a definite highlight. Svartidaudi was even better than at the Prague Death Mass, although I enjoyed the atmosphere much more at the previous show. I had heard stories of Electric Wizard's inconsistent live shows and was extremely happy they performed so well and I finally got to see them live. In Solitude was incredible as well and their singer's guest performance with Repulsion was a nice surprise.

Overall, it was an incredible fest (and an amazing complement to the Prague Death Mass) and I hope I can return again in the future. I thought the sound was excellent throughout the fest so hats off to the sound crew and organizers.
Tormen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed only to see "The Great Unifier" of Bolzer set, also beacause of traffics.

Vomitor, Portal and Repulsion crushed everything, absolute highlights. Also great performances from Cruciamentum, Necros Christos, Verminous, Vorum

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolute shit that Antaeus' plane was cancelled. Really wanted to see them again.
Ripping Evil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair play if anyone enjoyed Black Salvation, literally everyone i discussed them with agreed that they were horrific!
Kapalika

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great festival overall, Portal were my personal highlight.

Unfortunately we arrived rather late due to traffic so I only cought the last two songs from Verminous on the first day.

Vorum, Cruciamentum, Svartidaudi, Repulsion (second guitar would have been great) and Necros Chrstos delivered fine performances.
Electric Wizard were cool as well.
Alastor R.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i've been saying since the last few years, this is my favorite fest. Never disappoints!

Highlights were (in no particular order)
Verminous - fucking savagery!
Vorum - DM as it should be played, lots of blood, damn good songs and tons of aggression
Portal - even if most of the riffs couldn't be clearly heard, it really felt like being sucked into a vortex, just to be spit out in the end. Absolutely oppressive, and one of the best atmosphere i've ever felt in a death metal gig
Cruciamentum - Fantastic band as always, they had huge sound (at least were i was staying) and their songs as catchy as aggressive and dark. A little bird told me that the splitting may not be definitive after all. I really hope so. Ass kickers!
In Solitude - Even if they were drunk as hell, posing a bit too much and negleting their execution a bit, still ruled. Curious to hear the 3rd album.
Necros Christos - New drummer and bassist. They great as always, even if i felt that this gig wasn't so "dark" as before. Mors seemed more friendly hehe.
Repulsion - Absolutely devastating. They really had that "old Napalm Death" feeling...i think this is the closest you can get nowadays to that spirit. Plus, excellent rendition of Bathory's "The Reaper" with Pelle from in Solitude.
Svartudaudi- Even if the sound was far from perfect (those drums sounded awful!), the icelandic squad confirmed why "Flesh Cathedral" deserved all the praise it got last year. Killer riff after killer riff! Pells Heleasure!
Antaeus - Oh, wait...

Edit: yeah missed Bolzer too and just saw a couple of Irkallian Oracle. Fucking road work!

Cheers to the french squad, that Portal guy who was a real rocker, Ben Haim bros (fucking Jim Carry, Dani??), Ro and Dan, Lois, 13/Ole, everyone i drank with, smoke with/weed haha, and snorted with. Will be back next year!
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastor R. wrote:
Cruciamentum - Fantastic band as always, they had huge sound (at least were i was staying) and their songs as catchy as aggressive and dark. A little bird told me that the splitting may not be definitive after all. I really hope so. Ass kickers!

Thanks! I wouldn't expect too much from the future though, there WILL be an album next year and we hope to tour Europe and the US with it in 2014, but unless there are some major changes geographically, that will be the end.
call_from_stars

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was amazed that Svartidau­i were able to create the overwhelming atmosphere even in the fucking daylight! I still enjoyed the PDM show bit more tho. Electric Wizard fulfiled my high expectations, massive. none could beat Portal of corpse, even with the songs from the new record I don't like at all. a lot of the bands of the first day suffered of poor sound, especially Vomitor, however the improvement of the sound in the later evening and second day was a pleasant surprise. fortunately don't remember much from the afterparty..
TheUnborn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

13 wrote:
Absolute shit that Antaeus' plane was cancelled. Really wanted to see them again.

Good thing we're getting close to Beyond The Gates!
- Arghoslent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed!
Ascetic
banned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Ascetic on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: