P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Bathory - 'Blood Fire Death' Question?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Krusher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subcide wrote:
Primitive wrote:
I don't know but... have you ever heard the album they recorded that they scrapped and replaced with that instead? It's unreleased as far as I know, but I've heard it and it's just fucking god aweful!!! I'm glad they put out that one last black metal album instead of what they had originally recorded... from what I remember it was an aweful terrible failed attempt at heavy metal that turned out just about as bad as discharge's failed attempt at heavy metal. I Don't think many people know about that unreleased album as far as I know. But I'm very glad bathory had a change of heart and created blood fire death instead.

Wasn't that 'Blood On Ice'? Which was later completed and released in the mid 90s and is completely awful. Or was there another one?

BOTH of you need to leave the hall IMMEDIATELY
mlotek

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAZE/KRAZE RECORDS I have the feeling pressed albums illegally. I'd have to ask, but think "the weasel" that ripped off Gord Kirchin / Piledriver is the same guy that owned that record label.
iron tyrant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADB wrote:
How the fuck do different cd presses sound different?!?!

Wrong mastering, wrong EQing, incompetent technicians, absence of samples, impossibility to have the original master tapes, the list is endless and this is just what I could think about in a few seconds.

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
Tyrone Slothrop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlotek wrote:
MAZE/KRAZE RECORDS I have the feeling pressed albums illegally. I'd have to ask, but think "the weasel" that ripped off Gord Kirchin / Piledriver is the same guy that owned that record label.

Somewhere in my CD collection I have others pressed by this label, offhand the one I remember is Viogression. The qualilty doesn't seem too bad, but I have nothing to compare it to.
SoundsOfDecay

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got that Kraze version of BFD and it does indeed look hilariously bad. I don't remember there being anything really wrong with the sound but I've nothing to compare it with.
abysmal.lord

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the Under One Flag LP version of that. No complaints.
Primitive

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Krusher wrote:
Subcide wrote:
Primitive wrote:
I don't know but... have you ever heard the album they recorded that they scrapped and replaced with that instead? It's unreleased as far as I know, but I've heard it and it's just fucking god aweful!!! I'm glad they put out that one last black metal album instead of what they had originally recorded... from what I remember it was an aweful terrible failed attempt at heavy metal that turned out just about as bad as discharge's failed attempt at heavy metal. I Don't think many people know about that unreleased album as far as I know. But I'm very glad bathory had a change of heart and created blood fire death instead.

Wasn't that 'Blood On Ice'? Which was later completed and released in the mid 90s and is completely awful. Or was there another one?

Haha obviously the only bathory meterial I give a fuck about are the first four albums... personaly I think everything after the first four are fucking awful, yes even hammerheart and whatever that other one was after that.
everdarkgreen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the Kraze version and I know what you mean.

The sound is not that bad, maybe a little more "compressed" than the Black Mark version, but the "artwork" is horrible! as if someone took a picture of the back/front cover and printed them with the cheapest xerox laser machine. It's really depressing, hehe.

I was planning on getting a better quality scans for the artwork and printing them in better quality to replace the ones from the CD, but gee, even the CD layout is disastrous!

I will try to sell it and buy me any other version instead, that's for sure.

Here is some other discussion about the subject
Subcide

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Krusher wrote:
Subcide wrote:
Primitive wrote:

Why?
everdarkgreen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Holocaust" sample
Subcide

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everdarkgreen wrote:

Yep that's the shitty back cover I have.
Instinct

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Bathory - 'Blood Fire Death' Question? Reply with quote

Potok wrote:
Subcide wrote:

I know there is a 'Black Mark' CD and vinyl version available. My question is: Can anyone tell me if the sound quality on these is any better or is that just how the album is?

Additionally, I assume the 'Black Mark' cover art is of much better quality? Also wondering if anyone else here has had the same experience as me with the MAZE/KRAZE RECORDS version?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with sound or cover quality on Blood Fire Death CD released by Black Mark in 2003 and I also don't have any complaints about quality of their other Bathory CD rereleases.

Exactly what Potok just said.
the wizard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the BFD Black Mark 1993 cd and it sounds fine to me but i can't compare it's the only version i ever had.
Saltrubbed Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the Kraze version in a shop, I agree the cover is really terrible & blurry, just another company using cheap digital printing for their cd covers..
DrkKnight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both CD pressings and neither one sounds different from the other.

Good deals: Travis N., xyosefx, Dark Descent, captainretardo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: