P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

the "What is the best version of this...?" thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pestkrieg



Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 1271

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be nice for that to get a decent double cd reissue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7221

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
how sounds the dissection reissues from a few years ago? the ones with the bonus demo and 7'' packaged with somberlain?


I think they sound absolutely fantastic but I've never heard the original LPs.
_________________
Weltbrand wrote:
I actually had Emperor in mind for some reason, but yeah the same logic would apply to a shredded goat man with his dick flapping in the wind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xyosefx



Joined: 06 Aug 2009
Posts: 5371
Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
Reaper's Grave wrote:
how sounds the dissection reissues from a few years ago? the ones with the bonus demo and 7'' packaged with somberlain?


I think they sound absolutely fantastic but I've never heard the original LPs.

Same.
_________________
Analog Worship label & distro (click for link)

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
nonwave



Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Posts: 1289
Location: Brookyn, NY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sometimes i compulsively personally remaster certain records because they were not quite right: "ordo ad chao", "transilvanian hunger", etc. that's just me.
_________________
http://www.ugEXPLODE.com
The finest in unrelieved tension since 1991
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tireheb



Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 6224
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADK wrote:
Tireheb wrote:
Sodom - Obsessed by Cruelty
- Steamhammer LP sounds so much better than the "first version" which was used for Metal Blade LP and on the CD with In the Sign of Evil.


Mhm, disagree.

Maybe it's because I heard the In the Sign of Evil/Obsessed by Cruelty CD first, but in my opinion that version is way more evil. Drums sound like they were recorded in a morgue or something.

But both versions have their charme and are both mandatory inventory in every decent metal-household.

Well you officially have shitty taste then, hahahah.
_________________
Kojiri wrote:
To buy lots of die hards, see them ebayed before you, and hear the lamentations of NWN.
rauta wrote:
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.


"You can't hide the hook!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Germaniac



Joined: 20 Aug 2010
Posts: 385
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nonwave wrote:
sometimes i compulsively personally remaster certain records because they were not quite right: "ordo ad chao", "transilvanian hunger", etc. that's just me.


I sometimes do my own edits too, like I put the drum intro of Mayhem's Funeral Fog from Life Eternal to the album version (compressed to fit the album sound more), and remastered the Master's Hammer Zaschla Krev bootleg 7" tracks, and joined together Celtic Frost - Tristesses De La Lune and Sorrows Of The Moon.
_________________
Planet Earth is great to visit but you wouldn't want to live there

MAGIC METAL MYSTICAL EXPERIENCE: http://gentrylord.bandcamp.com
DARK MAJESTIC METAL: http://demonsgate.bandcamp.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vegeta



Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Posts: 2059
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any diffrence in sound between the two pressings of "Thousand Swords" on No Colors ?
_________________
Metal Archives wrote:
Illud Divinum Insanus was the 9/11 of death metal

blewcheer wrote:
I prefer to mosh in my banana costume to Mütiilation alone at home, as god intended.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eighthplague
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegeta wrote:
is there any diffrence in sound between the two pressings of "Thousand Swords" on No Colors ?


Two pressings? Pretty sure there are countless pressings of that album on CD and vinyl.
Back to top
VOTHANA666



Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 248

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...all originals sound better, period. otherwise go to Necromorbus studios
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Vegeta



Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Posts: 2059
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
Vegeta wrote:
is there any diffrence in sound between the two pressings of "Thousand Swords" on No Colors ?


Two pressings? Pretty sure there are countless pressings of that album on CD and vinyl.


I should have more specific I see now. Im asking specifically about the two Vinyl pressings on No Colors. any difference soundwise on those?
_________________
Metal Archives wrote:
Illud Divinum Insanus was the 9/11 of death metal

blewcheer wrote:
I prefer to mosh in my banana costume to Mütiilation alone at home, as god intended.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eighthplague
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegeta wrote:
eighthplague wrote:
Vegeta wrote:
is there any diffrence in sound between the two pressings of "Thousand Swords" on No Colors ?


Two pressings? Pretty sure there are countless pressings of that album on CD and vinyl.


I should have more specific I see now. Im asking specifically about the two Vinyl pressings on No Colors. any difference soundwise on those?


The vinyl pressing I have is the newer one on NC, and it sounds roughly the same as the CD version I have, which is the digipak with the dumb Photoshopped cover (also on NC). I don't know how it compares to past vinyl editions though.
Back to top
Vegeta



Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Posts: 2059
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks (y)
_________________
Metal Archives wrote:
Illud Divinum Insanus was the 9/11 of death metal

blewcheer wrote:
I prefer to mosh in my banana costume to Mütiilation alone at home, as god intended.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7221

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supposedly the original CD (Lethal Records) has the best sound. I can't confirm this as I'm still trying to find one for a decent price.
_________________
Weltbrand wrote:
I actually had Emperor in mind for some reason, but yeah the same logic would apply to a shredded goat man with his dick flapping in the wind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tireheb



Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 6224
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
Supposedly the original CD (Lethal Records) has the best sound. I can't confirm this as I'm still trying to find one for a decent price.

IMO it sounds pretty much the same as the later No Colours CD that I also have. Maybe the bass is just a little bit more audible on the Lethal press.

And about Graveland... Eternal Devils verson of Carpathian Wolves > later remaster/remix. Sounds superior and bass is a lot more up front in the mix, which makes it sound a lot more harsher. For reissues it was remixed down because of Karcharoth's betrayal.
_________________
Kojiri wrote:
To buy lots of die hards, see them ebayed before you, and hear the lamentations of NWN.
rauta wrote:
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.


"You can't hide the hook!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
klaw



Joined: 25 Mar 2010
Posts: 569
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: the "What is the best version of this...?" thr Reply with quote

pentfixion wrote:
I'll start off by saying that the 'remastered' sound on the Incorrigible Bigotry digipak CD is definitely inferior to the original pressing.

I wonder why they made a remaster so soon. Actually I wonder why they'd do that regardless of how long it's been. I mean, what's wrong with the original?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group