P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

The worst attempt at making "ambient" music...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
la_ciudad_podrida



Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 907
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like almost all of the bad ambient made by bm musicians Ive heard. My favorite would be that first Asylum tape on parasyte curse or maybe some darkness enshroud. love the ambient burzum albums more than his black metal. theres is a great blog that is a great resource for this type of ambient called "dungeon synth" and if you like era I Mortiis id check it out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nonwave



Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Posts: 1284
Location: Brookyn, NY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the original: MORTIIS

horrible, just horrible. he started it all.
_________________
http://www.ugEXPLODE.com
The finest in unrelieved tension since 1991
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
samsquanch



Joined: 16 Nov 2010
Posts: 767

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a few 'ambient' tapes /Cd's that I think I listened to once since purchasing and have sat on the shelf since. I recall Dapnom being shit. Though one of the worst was a tape by Black Seas Of Infinity...... bland.

Anyone like Main or Lull?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
astralvesl



Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Posts: 1002

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candlemass wrote:
Travis N. wrote:
Do you have any information about this band/release? I asked the two people I had orders coming in from if they sent it to me and one guy gave me a really strange and brief history. He said something about a $5,000 metal-archives payoff and other weird shit.


This guy went by the name "Bathym" ages ago and was completely delusional. He claimed he was in a band called Perdition which sold thousands, if not millions of demos and the demand was way bigger. He got into some gay fight with a guy from an american BM band and invented an "ANTI -Insert band name- FRONT" which had an army of 5000 skinhead members at his s disposal or some retarded shit. This guy was a piece of work and his rants were a comedy goldmine. He also claimed he was the only one who owned a copy of Darkthrone's unreleased album "Krieg" and that Fenriz himself sent it to him and he alone, and so on...

He also used to run the USBM list site and also contributed retarded album "reviews" to the LARM website, which included lines such as "Hmm, did I miss the announcement that MARDUK was going to turn into grindcore?? Well, from start to finish, this is a grindcore album no matter what anyone says." and "To say this isn't grindcore would be the same as saying early NAPALM DEATH isn't grindcore either!!!" (from a Panzer Division Marduk review).

Oh, and if he finds out we've been talking about him, he's gonna send 500 skinhead soldiers after us! Oh no! Laughing


Oh man I remember this nut. Don't think you can find the fmp stuff online anymore unless someone capped his nonsense there, but I did find this:
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69803&start=40
http://perdition666.cjb.net/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
la_ciudad_podrida



Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 907
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some guy played a set at my lady friend's house and he had a whole tour de garde distro with him (i believe it was the guy in lussuria but i could be mistaken, kind of a hazy night) . Anyways, I bought a few tapes unknown to me to try and help out or whatever, just grabbed some french sounding shit, and turns out 2/3 were dark ambient. "Perinde Ac Cadaver" was my favorite of the batch. great ambient to take adderall and do homework or read a book to.
suprised to see so much hate for this kind of stuff, im assuming its just because of how cheesey black metal ambient is seeing as people are open to discuss PE and noise and other genres of that nature on here. different folks i guess. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Candlemass



Joined: 23 May 2009
Posts: 1660

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralvesl wrote:

http://perdition666.cjb.net/


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eighthplague
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the first Perdition demo, which he sent me randomly about 10 years ago. I assume it's another bands demo with a Perdition insert, because it's not terrible and I can't see that fat retard doing anything worthwhile.
Back to top
Heirophant.326.AV



Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 1362
Location: inside the preserved Moose

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsquanch wrote:


Anyone like Main or Lull?


yep.
_________________
"14 words: we must secure the depravation of the children and ruin the whole fucking world..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mortado



Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Posts: 797
Location: Seattle area, USA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralvesl wrote:
Candlemass wrote:
Travis N. wrote:
Do you have any information about this band/release? I asked the two people I had orders coming in from if they sent it to me and one guy gave me a really strange and brief history. He said something about a $5,000 metal-archives payoff and other weird shit.


This guy went by the name "Bathym" ages ago and was completely delusional. He claimed he was in a band called Perdition which sold thousands, if not millions of demos and the demand was way bigger. He got into some gay fight with a guy from an american BM band and invented an "ANTI -Insert band name- FRONT" which had an army of 5000 skinhead members at his s disposal or some retarded shit. This guy was a piece of work and his rants were a comedy goldmine. He also claimed he was the only one who owned a copy of Darkthrone's unreleased album "Krieg" and that Fenriz himself sent it to him and he alone, and so on...

He also used to run the USBM list site and also contributed retarded album "reviews" to the LARM website, which included lines such as "Hmm, did I miss the announcement that MARDUK was going to turn into grindcore?? Well, from start to finish, this is a grindcore album no matter what anyone says." and "To say this isn't grindcore would be the same as saying early NAPALM DEATH isn't grindcore either!!!" (from a Panzer Division Marduk review).

Oh, and if he finds out we've been talking about him, he's gonna send 500 skinhead soldiers after us! Oh no! Laughing


Oh man I remember this nut. Don't think you can find the fmp stuff online anymore unless someone capped his nonsense there, but I did find this:
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69803&start=40
http://perdition666.cjb.net/


Here's something I got in the mail a couple of years ago. Sorry for the blank spots, it was taped to the cassette:


_________________
Slackmovies - My lame movie blog!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Evil_Johnny_666



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 864
Location: Québec

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate Forest - The Gates

I mean, what the hell is this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NI6NBc0MMY

Did they just opened the door during a storm and recorded their fire crackling?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Holocaust



Joined: 15 Sep 2009
Posts: 2129
Location: America

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortado wrote:


Here's something I got in the mail a couple of years ago. Sorry for the blank spots, it was taped to the cassette:



Thanks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nonwave



Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Posts: 1284
Location: Brookyn, NY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously, are you all 15 years old? do you not remember fucking MORTIIS? come on, you jagbags!
_________________
http://www.ugEXPLODE.com
The finest in unrelieved tension since 1991
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Travis N.



Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 1422
Location: Minnesota

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2,000 copies that sold out almost immediately.
_________________
A TERRE RECORDS

http://www.aterrerecords.blogspot.com

http://aterre.bigcartel.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ashmonger



Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 400

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst for me must be Slain - Death Reign Supreme tape. One track that is enjoyable, the rest is terrible. Suicidal Art indeed.

Haven't heard too much Darkness Enshroud, but I remember Black Funeral's Moon of Characith album being ok, but not really good either. But it's been a couple of years since I last listened to it. However, after that he has done better Ambient/Ritual stuff, I liked Valefor and some early Psychonaut stuff as well. (Psychonaut's Hellmachine on the other hand is totally different and has some good tracks and also some less tracks.)
The best he has done, be it not alone, is obviously Hexentanz!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Holocaust



Joined: 15 Sep 2009
Posts: 2129
Location: America

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nonwave wrote:
seriously, are you all 15 years old? do you not remember fucking MORTIIS? come on, you jagbags!


MORTIIS "Reisene Til Grotter og Odemarker" Video...

Part 1
http://youtu.be/kYyJRiGnTi8
Part 2
http://youtu.be/g5cNhs_gwso
Part 3
http://youtu.be/zs4U1mRGF8Y

SHUT UP ABOUT MORTIIS ALREADY.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group